Acidic Water has Many Great Uses!
Water ionizers of course produce a wide range of alkaline ionized water pH-levels, but with every quart of alkaline water poured you will get anywhere between 1 pint and 3/4 quarts of acidic water. Acidic water is not waste-water. In fact it has many great uses. Anyone who owns a water ionizer should know these benefits!
In the following video you can see me testing the pH of the acidic water that comes out of my Athena Water Ionizer while I am pouring alkaline ionized water to drink. I like to drink a pH of about 10 to 10.5 and when I do, with the Athena water ionizer, I’m able to also get close to -800 ORP [wonderfully high levels of antioxidants] in my water. Sipping on this all day long gives me great cardio-vascular, and other free-radical scavenging benefits which I have definitely noticed!
While I’m getting the healthy water my body loves, I am also collecting the acidic water that my hair, skin, laundry and plants love. Look for a brief outline and description of the most popular uses of acidic water just below the video.
What are the Main Uses of Ionized Acidic Water?
- Chemical-free antiseptic, germ-killing, capabilities [just spray on any surface you want to be germ-free]
- Beauty-water capabilities. The pH-levels of 4 – 5 are very healthy to spray on or otherwise rinse skin or hair with. The slightly acidic pH is needed to close pores and hair-cuticles up tight and make your skin/hair softer and more “toned”.
- Benefits-of-Acid-Water-for-Plants: Plants love slightly acidic water as well. Acidic-water helps the acidalkaline-balance-in-plants, which is somewhat the opposite of animals. So, have some fun watering all of your plants with acidic-ionized-water!
- Acid water is also great to add to your bath water or laundry. It naturally softens it and makes it need less soap for cleaning.
- Can be used as a mouthwash.
- Is a wonderful hair rinse. Makes your hair shine and improves color as well.
- Best disinfectant for baby toys, because there are no chemicals in it!
See our Water Ionizer Use & Care page for more ways to use a water ionizer.
Storing Acid Water
Storing acidic water is much easier than storing alkaline water. You can store it in an open bucket for weeks, and there will be no reduction of pH! You can even boil it, although boiling acidic water isn't necessary because it already is free of germs completely. I usually will use colorful spray-bottles for storing acid water, because they're handy to just pick up and use any time [and they look nice]. I wouldn't particularly suggest storing acidic water in a metal container, because it could rust [and acidic water is more oxidizing than regular water].
I have done many tests to find out how long ionized water will stay ionized. In this post I’ll summarize all of my findings, but first I should mention that there are a few variables, such as type of container you use, so read the entire post to get the whole picture. Type of Water Ionizer Does the [...]
If you own or plan to own a water ionizer you need to know a little about water ionizer care. This post gives some great tips for how to transport a water ionizer. Without fail there will be a time to either take your water ionizer with you on a trip or if you move …or [...]
No matter what kind of water ionizer or water filter system you have or are planning to buy you might find you benefit from reading [and watching demos] about alternate ways to install the system. Even if you already own a water ionizer and it’s nicely, already hooked to your sink faucet, you may eventually want to [...]
I’m in Florida right now and am excited to test the Nexus Smart water ionizer and the new Alkaline Ionizer Purifier Energizer [a non-electric water ionizer]! I’ve been drinking ionized water from both of these water ionizers for a couple of weeks now, and it’s been really great.Why Did I Install these Water Ionizer Devices in [...]
Ionized water bottles are a necessity. If you have a water ionizer, chances are you are not always going to be at home to get your ionized water freshly-poured. I have found that Ionized water should either be drunk fresh or stored in the best containers possible. I’ve tested every kind of bottle there is [...]
Alkaline Water: How It Can Help Acid Re-flux DiseaseAcid Re-flux is preventable. If you get a little education on the way a body works, you begin to realize that many of today’s chronic illnesses are preventable. Unfortunately, doctors are not trained to think that way. It’s rather hard to grasp, most often, that doctors are [...]
I’m always focusing on the benefits of alkaline ionized water, which is rightfully so, but I should take a moment to share my knowledge about the benefits of pH balance in plants.Getting a PH Balance in Plants is Important Too!If florists or botanists knew the benefits of the pH balance in plants I think they would all [...]
I often get questions asking if freezing or boiling ionized water will change it. I have tested the effects of heating & cooling ionized water many times before. Basically when ionized water is exposed to the air it oxidizes, so it loses its antioxidant value. Boiling it causes it to oxidize rapidly. When this happens it decreases the [...]
Chilling & Storing Ionized Water With Vacuum Stainless BottlesThe new Stainless Vacuum Bottles are making a big hit even with my sons in California! I’m here visiting and didn’t realize that I’d need to bring more bottles with me. They like the stainless vacuum bottles so much that they asked for more. They particularly like [...]
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by Email
Get every post sent to your email address.
- Molecular Hydrogen Explained
- H2- Power Over Diabetes & Other Diseases
- Ionized Water & Pregnancy
- Structured Water: Why Our Bodies Need It
- Why You Should Not Buy a 9, 11 or 13-Plate Water Ionizer
- Athena H2 Water Ionizer Review
- X-Blue Water Ionizer Review
- Smart 7P Water Ionizer Review
- Vesta GL Water Ionizer Review
- Jupiter Athena Water Ionizer Review
- Melody Water Ionizer Review
- Venus Water Ionizer Review
- Ultra-Delphi Water Ionizer Review
- Tyent Water Ionizer Review
- Bawell Water Ionizer Review
- AirWaterLife, Real Spirit, Aqua Ionizer Deluxe Water Ionizer Review
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.