Why Should Every Water Ionizer Owner Know a Little About Anti-Scale Techniques and Devices?
Scale can be a problem for water ionizers in two ways.
1) The plates of the water ionizer need to be completely free of even the lightest film of calcium. The reason for this is that platinum [which coats the water ionizer plates] must touch the water directly with no film in-between. Platinum is important to the water ionization process in that it catalyzes [speeds-up] electrolysis. Without platinum ionization would happen too slowly to make a continuous-flow water ionizer [which modern water ionizers are] even work at all.
2)The water lines within the water ionizer can get scaled up over time, and especially in hard-water areas the scale build-up can be so great that it would stop the flow of water through the water ionizer. Anti-scale devices can solve this problem [or at least slow it down].
Anti-scale devices and techniques have been developed over the years by water treatment companies and manufacturers. Three anti-scale techniques stand out as the most popular ones used and are listed here in the order of their effectiveness, ease of use and popularity [especially with regards to water ionizer care].
1) Anti-scale filter media [also called siliphos] which the calcium interacts with and slightly changes its physical crystalline structure to be more spherical [less pointy or sticky].
2) Electrical or magnetic techniques used to line-up the calcium magnetically within the water molecules so as to make them have less tendency to scale.
3) After the fact de-scaling techniques, such as soaking water lines or equipment parts in vinegar or citric acid solution. This is called a vinegar-wash or citric-acid wash.
Siliphos, a Natural Anti-Scale Device
One of the most widely used and recognized anti-scale devices is the use of the filter media, siliphos. Siliphos is a natural substance found in the milk thistle plant. Siliphos is 100% natural and completely healthy and non-toxic. It actually is used as a natural liver cleansing supplement. Here is a very recent video I produced which gives a thorough explanation of siliphos as it applies to water ionizer care. An abbreviated transcript of the video follows.
Of all the anti-scales techniques and devices available to water ionizers I think siliphos is the best. Siliphos crystals are now available through Alkaline Water Plus in bulk. Just a quarter cup of siliphos will refill 10 mineral baskets.
The material that make up these crystals comes from the milk thistle plant. It’s very natural and even used as a natural supplement to help detox the liver.
The crystals come in small pieces that usually will fit into the mineral basket of a water ionizer easily. However if they don’t fit into the basket they can be cut using a wire-cutter or pliers. [see video for demonstration]
How to Use Natural, Anti-Scale Siliphos Without a Mineral Port
If you don’t have a mineral port in your water ionizer, but want to use this all-natural, great anit-scale crystals, you would need to get a tiny external filter called the EOS [Elimination of Scaling] Device. Once you have this device you can re-fill it every six months to two years [depending on need]. This type of anti-scale device will last years and is quite cost effective.
One of the biggest enemies of a water ionizer [or any water related device is hard water.Hard water can deposit anywhere from a whitish film to full-blown scaling and clogging, depending on your water hardness, the water ionizer model you purchase, the prefiltration you set up, the hardness reduction devices you use and the everyday [...]
Water Ionizer Owners: How do you know it’s time to clean your water ionizer?If your water ionizer’s pH is dropping over time it’s time to clean.If your water ionizer’s flow-rate is slowing down it’s time to clean.If you see a whitish film forming around your alkaline spout [flexi-hose] it’s time to clean.If it’s been a [...]
Can Calcium Build-Up Affect a Water Ionizer’s Performance? Yes! It absolutely can. And, here’s why…A water ionizer creates two streams of electrolyzed water: alkaline and acid. The alkaline water is rich in Calcium. Calcium is good for you and contributes to creating alkalinity in the water, but is also a naturally occurring crystalline mineral which [...]
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by Email
Get every post sent to your email address.
- Molecular Hydrogen Explained
- H2- Power Over Diabetes & Other Diseases
- Ionized Water & Pregnancy
- Structured Water: Why Our Bodies Need It
- Why You Should Not Buy a 9, 11 or 13-Plate Water Ionizer
- Athena H2 Water Ionizer Review
- X-Blue Water Ionizer Review
- Smart 7P Water Ionizer Review
- Vesta GL Water Ionizer Review
- Jupiter Athena Water Ionizer Review
- Melody Water Ionizer Review
- Venus Water Ionizer Review
- Ultra-Delphi Water Ionizer Review
- Tyent Water Ionizer Review
- Bawell Water Ionizer Review
- AirWaterLife, Real Spirit, Aqua Ionizer Deluxe Water Ionizer Review
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.