I often get questions asking if freezing or boiling ionized water will change it. I have tested the effects of heating & cooling ionized water many times before. Basically when ionized water is exposed to the air it oxidizes, so it loses its antioxidant value. Boiling it causes it to oxidize rapidly. When this happens it decreases the ORP and makes it more acidic. For this reason, I don’t suggest boiling ionized water. Freezing it is fine though.
The following videos and charts show recent tests I’ve done on freezing and boiling ionized water. Note: PH and ORP meters cannot take such extremes in temperature, so I had to let the containers holding the frozen and boiling water sit in room temperature long enough to be able to test it.
Results of Freezing & Boiling Ionized Water
|pH Before||ORP Before||pH After||ORP After||Temp|
|Cup of ice water||11||-785||11||-770||32|
- Boiling ionized water does significantly decrease its health value. It will take the negative ORP [anti-oxidant value] out of the water and will even reduce the pH somewhat. [However, even after being boiled, ionized water is still far better than tap water, un-ionized.]
- Freezing ionized water does not, by itself, reduce its health value very much. As long as you take precautions to not expose the ionized water to air, your frozen ionized water should be good.
- Warming your ionized water does not seem to reduce the health value much [unless you bring it to a high temperature]. Note: In our experiment, we brought it up to 108 degrees.
- Adding ice [especially if the ice was made of ionized water] doesn’t decrease its health value.
Suggestions Based on the Test Results
After evaluating the results of these tests, I can safely say that it’s fine to warm your ionized water slightly or to add ice to it. Boiling your ionized water for drinking it is for the most part not suggested.
Read more about the best ways to use ionized water.
I often get questions asking if heating or cooling ionized water from one of our water ionizers will change it. I have tested the effects of heating & cooling ionized water many times before, but recently have discovered the importance of protecting the ionized water from the air. Exposing ionized water to the air causes it to [...]
When you freeze ionized water, what does that process do to the ionized water? Taking ionized water directly from a water ionizer and pouring it into ice cube trays, and then freezing it…will your pH and ORP from ionization cancel out, reduce, or stay the same? And if so, how much? In these videos, I demonstrate filling ice [...]
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by Email
Get every post sent to your email address.
- Molecular Hydrogen Explained
- H2- Power Over Diabetes & Other Diseases
- Ionized Water & Pregnancy
- Structured Water: Why Our Bodies Need It
- Why You Should Not Buy a 9, 11 or 13-Plate Water Ionizer
- Athena H2 Water Ionizer Review
- X-Blue Water Ionizer Review
- Smart 7P Water Ionizer Review
- Vesta GL Water Ionizer Review
- Jupiter Athena Water Ionizer Review
- Melody Water Ionizer Review
- Venus Water Ionizer Review
- Ultra-Delphi Water Ionizer Review
- Tyent Water Ionizer Review
- Bawell Water Ionizer Review
- AirWaterLife, Real Spirit, Aqua Ionizer Deluxe Water Ionizer Review
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.