Our current US drinking standards were set, back in 2001, and municipalities of course try to comply with these. For the most part water companies, nationwide, are doing a pretty good job of meeting the US standards of water filtration. However the EWG [Environmental Working Group] has criticized these US standards, set in 2001, as being far from adequate filtration standards for healthy drinking water.
The EWG has analyzed 20-million records to obtain the most comprehensive nation-wide database about the quality of tap water in most municipal areas.
Why is it So Hard for Water Companies to Get Your Water Quality Perfect?
Water filtration is very expensive to do in large quantities. With the huge quantity of water the water companies process, it would be extremely expensive to process all of the water consumed in the US to the EWG’s drinking standards. The biggest criticism by the EWG is of the government for not spending more on water pollution prevention efforts. Many of the contaminants that end up in your water come from pollutants that were put there by man. Pharmaceuticals, pesticides, factory wastes, fertilizers, etc. are all going into the water in exponential rates, however these chemicals aren’t regulated at this point.
If you want your drinking water to be the healthiest it can be, it is best to filter water, for drinking, yourself. If the government regulations made the water companies do it all, your water bill would sky-rocket. Over 90% of the water you use is not used for drinking, therefore it doesn’t make sense to task municipalities with filtering the water to be perfect drinking water. First of all they couldn’t do it. But then you could easily. With a small, point-of-use water filtration system set up under your sink, the most cost effective way to make your drinking water quality perfect is for you to do it.
There are basically three steps to getting perfect quality of drinking water.
- Learn what contaminants are in your tap water and how to filter them out. [Follow the steps, below.]
- Set up a point of use filtration system at your kitchen sink for your drinking water.
- Keep the filters changed every year or two.
How Do You Get Your Free Water Quality Report?
If you are of the 55 million people served by the water districts studied you will be able to find your water quality report by visiting the EWG url http://www.ewg.org/tap-water/
They will invite you to sign up. You don’t have to sign up to get your free report. Simply decline the sign-up invitation and then put your zip code in the Water Quality Report search box at the top-right of the page.
How Easy is it to Filter Water Yourself?
To filter water it's pretty easy, once you discover the chemicals that are in your water. We encourage you to visit our Water Filtration Basics page to learn how to remove the unwanted chemicals from your water.
Or, give us a call. We'll be glad to help you with your water quality needs.
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by Email
Get every post sent to your email address.
- Molecular Hydrogen Explained
- H2- Power Over Diabetes & Other Diseases
- Ionized Water & Pregnancy
- Structured Water: Why Our Bodies Need It
- Why You Should Not Buy a 9, 11 or 13-Plate Water Ionizer
- Athena H2 Water Ionizer Review
- X-Blue Water Ionizer Review
- Smart 7P Water Ionizer Review
- Vesta GL Water Ionizer Review
- Jupiter Athena Water Ionizer Review
- Melody Water Ionizer Review
- Venus Water Ionizer Review
- Ultra-Delphi Water Ionizer Review
- Tyent Water Ionizer Review
- Bawell Water Ionizer Review
- AirWaterLife, Real Spirit, Aqua Ionizer Deluxe Water Ionizer Review
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.