Alkaline Water Ionizer Filter Devices
There are quite a few alkaline water ionizer filter devices that have sprung up which utilize this property of magnesium.
When you add magnesium to water in the presence of magnets it will spontaneously ionize the water.
All alkaline water ionizer filtering devices use this principle, along with whatever else they do. Here is a layout [from poorest to best results] of the variations of this:
The original Hydrogen Stick, developed by Dr. Hayashi, used this principle by placing magnetized ceramics inside of an outer solid shell [stick] of solid time-release magnesium. I tested the stick many, many times and it worked so poorly that I decided not to sell it on my site. The pH would raise a tiny bit and the ORP would reduce also a tiny bit after about two hours of soaking it and shaking it in the container of water. The poor ionizing results, combined with the high expense and complete lack of filtering the water, makes me not want to recommend this device at all.
In addition, several copy-cat devices have sprung up, mostly from China, which use aluminum or stainless sticks filled with time-release magnesium balls and magnetized ceramics. These also work poorly and don’t filter. In addition, though, the added metal in the water isn’t particularly good either. I don’t recommend any of them, no matter how cheap.
Water Ionizer Pitchers
There are many alkaline water ionizer pitchers on the market right now. I have spent many years testing and evaluating these types of alkaline water ionizer devices. Most, or I should say all, of the water ionizer pitchers that I have tested were better than the Hydrogen Sticks. There is a pretty wide range of results to be had from water ionizer filter devices. While most water ionizer pitchers will raise the pH to 8.5 to 9.5 and the orp to about -100, I’ve found one that will raise the ORP up to -400 under the right conditions [see product page for the Alkaline Plus PH Pitcher for how to achieve the best results with this water ionizer pitcher]. Because it’s considerably better than the other water ionizer pitchers, I only sell this pitcher right now. If I find another, better or equal one, in the future I’ll add it in to the lineup.
Alkaline Water Ionizer Filter Devices
The alkaline water ionizer filters [non-electric devices] that either go below the sink or sit on the counter-top are similar to the portable filter in using the principle of magnesium, described above. with these differences. They aren’t portable, as a pitcher is. They have a much larger filter, so will pour more alkaline ionized filtered water, and faster, than a pitcher. The results vary according to how much you pour at once, though, similar to the pitcher. For instance if you want the best results [about -400 ORP] you should pour only about a quart at a time. The particular device, pictured, is one I sell on my site. You can learn more about it on this page: Alkaline Ionizer Purifier Energizer
How are Electric Water Ionizers Different?
In my opinion electric water ionizers are better for these reasons.
1) They will deliver an almost unlimited amount of ionized water.
2) They ionize all of the alkaline minerals in the water rather than just magnesium. Magnesium is fine, a good mineral to have and certainly ionizing it makes it more bio-available to your body. But the mineral calcium is needed in much more abundance in the body. The only device that will ionize calcium is an electric water ionizer.
3) Not only do electric water ionizers usually tend to come with higher-quality filters, but all electric water ionizers [depending on power-settings and flow-rate] will filter out up to 75% of the fluoride in the water! This is a benefit due to the fact that fluoride is an acidic mineral and will tend to go out the acidic hose of the electric water ionizer.
4) If economy is what you want, you can even get excellent quality, Korean-made, water ionizers at probably less than you think. Here is a link to my water ionizer discounts page. We are here to help you get the best water ionizer for you, and at the best possible price.
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by Email
Get every post sent to your email address.
- Molecular Hydrogen Explained
- H2- Power Over Diabetes & Other Diseases
- Ionized Water & Pregnancy
- Structured Water: Why Our Bodies Need It
- Why You Should Not Buy a 9, 11 or 13-Plate Water Ionizer
- Athena H2 Water Ionizer Review
- X-Blue Water Ionizer Review
- Smart 7P Water Ionizer Review
- Vesta GL Water Ionizer Review
- Jupiter Athena Water Ionizer Review
- Melody Water Ionizer Review
- Venus Water Ionizer Review
- Ultra-Delphi Water Ionizer Review
- Tyent Water Ionizer Review
- Bawell Water Ionizer Review
- AirWaterLife, Real Spirit, Aqua Ionizer Deluxe Water Ionizer Review
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.