The Excel MX-55 water ionizer is made by the Impart Group in Japan, and is an upgrade of the Excel IE-500. [Read more about the Impart Group below.] It's a great-quality water ionizer and will give you many years of fantastic ionized water.
The MX-55 water ionizer will give a wide range of pH and ORP, produced by adding salt into the electolysis chamber.
The MX-55 is one of the most respected Japanese water ionizers. For alkaline drinking levels of ionized water it will easily produce the pH you need [between 8.5 and 9.5], but it will also produce the stronger alkaline water for cleaning purposes, if you add salt. [Note: Adding salt to the source water of a water ionizer can cause eventual corrosion of the plates if you don't properly rinse out the water ionizer after each use of salt.]
* Built in temperature sensor
* Microcomputer monitored flow rate
* Automatic self-cleaning electrolysis chamber
* Antibacterial activated charcoal filter
* Three large platinum coated titanium electrolysis plates
Note: All pH and ORP levels are approximate, depending on local water supply, because water ionizers don't always work the same in every location.
Model No. MX-55
- Power Source: 120v
- 50-60 Hz
- Power Consumption: Max. 160w
- Continuous Run Time: 30 min.
- Filter Capacity: 1579 gallons
- Safety Features: Over current, over-voltage, water temperature
- Size: 10.63 x 11.81 x 5.51 inches
- Weight: 7.05 lbs.
- Warranty: 1 year bumper-to-bumper and 3 years electrolysis chamber [provided you send it in for servicing once a year at the cost of about $39.
The Toyo Metal company split into two companies: Enagic and Imparte Group. The original engineers from Toyo moved out on their own to operate under a new name called the Impart Group. The MX-99 represents the best achievement of these Japanese experts. They claim it is better than the SD-501.
The MX55 comes with 3 large platinum coated titanium electrolysis plates. It is a great water ionizer, plenty strong enough for most drinking levels of pH.
The MX-55 is an upgrade of the original Excell-500, and is recognized by the Japanese government as a medical device. The Japanese Ministry of Health recognizes the IE-series and MX-series water ionizers as medical equipment and has assigned it the medical equipment No. 21500BZZ00213000.