The Excel MX-99 water ionizer is made by the Impart Group in Japan. [See below, for see more about the Impart Group.] It's a great-quality water ionizer and will give you many years of fantastic ionized water.
The MX-99 water ionizer will give a wide range of pH and ORP, produced by adding salt into the electolysis chamber.
The Impart Excel MX-99 is one of the most respected Japanese water ionizers. For alkaline drinking levels of ionized water it will easily produce the pH you need [between 8.5 and 9.5], but the MX-99 will also produce more strong alkaline water for cleaning purposes, especially if you add salt. [Note: Adding salt to the source water of a water ionizer can cause eventual corrosion of the plates if you don't properly rinse out the water ionizer after each use of salt.]
Features of the Excel MX-99 Water Ionizer
* Built in temperature sensor
* Microcomputer monitored flow rate
* Makes super acidic water, as low as 2.5 pH, using common table salt
* Automatic self-cleaning electrolysis chamber
* Antibacterial activated charcoal filter
* Five large platinum coated titanium electrolysis plates
Note: All pH and ORP levels are approximate, depending on local water supply, because water ionizers don't always work the same in every location.
Model No. MX-99
- * Power Source: 120v
- * Power Consumption: Max. 200w
- * Continuous Run Time: 40 min.
- * Filter Capacity: 1579 gallons
- * Safety Features: Over current, over-voltage, water temperature
- * Size: 10.63 x 11.81 x 5.51 inches
- * Weight: 9.24 lbs.
- * Warranty: 1 year bumper-to-bumper and 5 years electrolysis chamber [provided you send it in for servicing once a year at the cost of about $39.
Enagic bought Toyo Metal and is now using this technology to make the expensive Leveluk brands of water ionizers. However the engineers from Toyo has continued to do what they have done for decades: make quality water ionizers, but now under a new name called the Impart Group. The MX-99 represents the best achievement of these Japanese experts, better than the SD-501.
The MX-99 comes with 5 large platinum coated titanium electrolysis plates. Enagic introduced Leveluk SD501, a machine sports 7 plates, but the makers of the Excel MX-99 has refused to follow suit. Why? They are the experts right. Do you think that they cannot make a 7 plate machine? The MX-99 already comes with 8 slots, but only 5 slots are occupied with plates. Why? The spacing between is important to overall performance and durability.
The Excel MX-99 is recognized by the Japanese government as a medical device. The Japanese Ministry of Health recognizes the Excel series of water ionizers as medical equipment and has assigned the medical equipment No. 21500BZZ00213000.