Japanese Made HS-72 Hydrogen Water Machine
The full HS-72 Hydrogen Water Machine is made in Japan; the SPE/PEM membrane (the heart of hydrogen production in the machine) is made by DuPont in the US; and the internal filters are made in the Buder factory in Taiwan, where the product is assembled, stored and made ready for international sales. There is no doubt to the quality that goes into this wonderful machine.
HS-72 Hydrogen Water Generator With SPE/PEM Membrane
The HS-72 Hydrogen Water Generator is the latest model for the Japanese hydrogen machines.
The HS-72 Hydrogen Water Generator is made with DuPont's SPE-PEM membrane and is a very well-made machine all-around. How it works is the HS-72 Hydrogen Water Machine generates hydrogen in the left-side water chamber. Then it pumps the pure hydrogen gas into the other container (the pitcher), creating hydrogen-rich water in the pitcher.
The HS-72 Hydrogen Machine Comes in 2 Colors, Red & Black
Please select either red or black in the dropdown menu.
Hydrogen Water Production: How to Use
It's easy to use the HS-72 Hydrogen Water Machine. You can choose from 10 min., 20 min., and 30 min. hydrogen water production cycles. Because it does such a great job pumping hydrogen into the water the HS-72 machine is one of my favorite hydrogen water machines. Please remember some basic rules though:
- Make sure to only put distilled water into the hydrogen water production chamber on the left side of the HS-72, and change it every 3 months.
- Never travel with water in the HS-72 chamber, as it could spill into the electronics and damage the machine.
- Make sure to put potable water into the pitcher. The HS-72 does not filter the water for you.
- Don't ever put other liquids in the pitcher -- only water.
- The internal filter is only for the left side where the hydrogen is produced...not for the pitcher where the hydrogen is pumped. This filter protects the SPE-PEM membrane and needs to be changed every 9-12 months.
- Don't forget to perform a cleaning-cycle (push-hold the button to initiate this) every week. The cleaning cycle takes 15 minutes, and keeps the SPE-PEM membrane working at capacity. Note: After the cleaning cycle is done, the water in the pitcher is discarded.
For those who like their water cold, you could store filtered water in the refrigerator (or use your refrigerator filtered water), and fill the pitcher with that. Usually if I fill the pitcher half-full I will set it for 10 min. but if I fill it all the way (2 liters) I set it for 20 min. I have found that 10-20 min. (as just described) is the amount of time needed to reach saturation-levels of molecular hydrogen in the water, about 1 or so ppm, and setting it for longer than that doesn't change the results.
I’ve tested most of the hydrogen generators and this is a very good one. One of its strengths is that it can produce up to 2 liters of hydrogen rich ionized water in each batch. Another strength is that it has a special lid that keeps the hydrogen in the water longer than usual.
There is a small white sponge filter that sits under the pitcher. The purpose of this is to bring the hydrogen filled water from the left side of the machine over to just under, but touching, the bottom of the pitcher. This sponge needs to be manually cleaned if it gets dirty. The hydrogen gas pumps up through that filter and then through a grid at the bottom of the pitcher. The HS-72 Hydrogen Water Generator comes with one extra white sponge filter.
The HS-72 Machine: How to Set Up for Initial Use
The HS-72 Hydrogen Water Generator is expected to last many years. Following these instructions will help contribute to your machine's longevity. It could potentially last five or ten years. If you don't follow the instructions it may even void your warranty, so we urge you to read carefully and get into good habits with your new Hydrogen Water Machine.
- Place the Hydrogen Water Generator on a flat surface, near an outlet.
- Open the hydrogen production chamber (tank), on the left, and pour distilled water into it. There is a filter in there which has a “floater” in it. Don't remove the filter, just pour the water around it. When the water-level pushes the floater to the top, the tank is full enough. Replace the lid. You may need to add water to the tank intermittently over time. If it is running low on water there will be a warning light which will flicker on the front of the machine. [Note: The tank water should be changed every 3 months. To drain out the existing water, unplug the drain at the bottom of the main chamber and empty the tank. Refill with fresh distilled water.]
- Water from the tank is intended to seep out the bottom of the tank into the bin (under the pitcher). Pour a little extra distilled water into the bin to bring the water-level up to the top of the white sponge filter if needed.
- Plug in the machine.
- Rinse out the pitcher well, before your first use.
- Pour your drinking water into the right side (pitcher). You may fill the pitcher half-way or higher, and you may use any water that is drinkable.
- Touch the button on the front of the HS-72 Machine. It will toggle to 10 min, 20 min, or 30 min. cycles. [Note: The button is not an on/off button. If you want to stop a cycle prematurely you can do that by either 1) lifting the pitcher off of its base, or 2) unplugging the machine.
- Once you select the cycle you want, just leave it. The timer will count down to zero and then chime a few times when the water is ready.]
- Regular Maintenance: Other than changing the internal filter about every 9 - 12 months, the only other maintenance is to run a cleaning cycle every week. The way you do that is to pour tap water into the pitcher up to above the 1-liter line; push and hold the button for about 5 seconds. The cleaning light will turn on and will clean the internal chamber and pump for 15 minutes. When the lamp inside the chamber turns off, it’s cleaning is finished. Discard that water; it is not drinkable.
- You may unplug the HS-72 machine any time you aren’t using it. This is particularly suggested when you plan to be away for a while.
The HS-72 Hydrogen Water Generator 2-Year Warranty:
The manufacturer provides a 1-year parts/labor warranty, provided you care for it properly: i.e., do the cleaning cycle periodically each week; change the filters properly; don’t drop the machine; only use distilled water in the tank side of the machine (hydrogen pumping chamber -- left side); do not attempt to repair the machine yourself; don’t improperly use it or store it; don’t put anything other than plain, drinking water into the pitcher; and keep the white sponge filter clean and in its proper place.
We fulfill warranties for all HS-72 Hydrogen Water Generators purchased through Alkaline Water Plus. We automatically register you for this warranty, so there is no need to send the warranty card anywhere. The warranty does not cover shipping to and from Alkaline Water Plus. We extend the warranty for you for an additional year, provided you have cared for the machine as directed (which includes purchasing and using at least one internal filter per year.
HS-72 Hydrogen Water Machine Demos:
- Type: Batch Hydrogen Water Maker / Hydrogen Water Generator [*Batch simply means you pour the water into the machine; it is not connected up to your plumbing.]
- This is not a typical water ionizer. It does not split the water into streams, microcluster the water or change the pH of the water.
- Design: Latest Japanese-made model for 2019. There is no newer HS-72 Japanese-Made Hydrogen Machine than this.
- Use: Counter top
- Power: 24 w and 110/220 v
- Place of Origin: Japan/Taiwan [Japan manufactures the machine and the filter is made in Taiwan.]
- Manufacturer: Victory Japan
- Brand Name: Buder
- Model Number: HS-72
- Weight: 4 lbs.
- Pitcher Capacity: 1.8L (60 oz)
- Dimensions: Width 13” Depth 6.3’ Height 11”
Already Have a Water Ionizer? Why Not Buy the HS-72 Machine Too?
I use my HS-72 machine all the time, even though I have the best water ionizers available to me. Why?
- The HS-72 Hydrogen Machine pumps a good deal more hydrogen into the water (possibly double).
- I like to give my body a variety, and with the HS-72 I can give it more neutral water some of the time and alkaline water the rest. I particularly prefer to drink more neutral hydrogen water with meals.
Note: We have recently changed the name of this product and no longer refer to it as the Lourdes Machine. The reason we did this was to differentiate our machine (which is Japanese made) from similar machines calling themselves Lourdes Machines. The other "Lourdes Machines" are not made in Japan. The HS-72 is the only hydrogen water machine of its kind which is made in Japan.