Super Sanitizing Water Ionizers
Alkaline Water Plus offers a 60-day trial period on most of our electric water ionizers.
About Super-Sanitizing Water Ionizers
Super-Sanitizing Water Ionizers are water ionizers with 1) strong ionization capability and 2) have a saline injection port. Super-Sanitizing water ionizers are able to:
- Produce high pH water for cleaning dirt, grime and grease (11 pH or higher)
- Produce regular pH water for drinking hydrogen-rich ionized water
- Produce low pH water (about 2.5 pH water) to kill germs and viruses.
Saline Injection Ports & Superoxidized Water
To produce superoxidized water your water ionizer must have a saline injection port and the water ionizer needs to be strong enough to withstand abuse. Superoxidized water contains hypochlorous acid, which is produced from the breakdown of salt in water during electrolysis. Even if your water ionizer has a mineral port for adding saline solution or rock salt to the ionization process it may not be suitable for the production of very much superoxidized water. Also, when you use saline injection with a water ionizer there must be a very good continuous-cleaning system set up to clear away all of the sodium after each use. There is only one water ionizer that we feel is good for the task of producing very much superoxidized water. We have found all other possibilities to be unacceptable for regular production of superoxidized water., though they may be good for producing a little from time to time.
Superoxidized water is low acidic water (about 2.5 pH) which naturally kills pathogens, such as: germs, viruses, mold, and spores. It can be used in food-service, nurseries, hospitals or anywhere you want to sanitize. Here is data from the FDA and CDC about this water.
In October 2002, the FDA cleared superoxidized water as a high-level disinfectant...
"Superoxidized water' has been tested against bacteria, mycobacteria, viruses, fungi and spores. Freshly generated superoxidized water is rapidly effective "
Notice that the quote from the CDC includes the words "freshly generated". What this means is that you should make smaller batches of superoxidized water (it's best to get just what you need for now and get more later when you need it). Use it fresh for the best results.
What is Hypochlorous Acid?
Hypochlorous Acid is made of hydrogen, oxygen and chlorine. It's produced by a water ionizer when you add saline (salt) solution to the ionization process. It is in the chlorine family, but not harsh and toxic, like chlorine. It's amazingly strong against germs and viruses.
The FDA rates Hypochlorous Acid as an effective disinfectant and sanitizer. Hypochlorous Acid is all natural and environmentally friendly.
- From Science Direct: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S016609340400179X "The virus was inactivated by ultraviolet light (UV) at 254 nm, heat treatment of 65 °C or greater, alkaline (pH > 12) or acidic (pH < 3) conditions, formalin and glutaraldehyde treatments. "
- From US National Library of Medicine: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4880284/ "Efficient disinfection of prions from endoscopes and other instruments such as high-resolution cameras remains problematic because these instruments do not tolerate aggressive chemical or heat treatments. Herein, we develop a new washing system that uses both the alkaline and acidic water produced by electrolysis. Electrolyzed acidic water, containing HCl and HOCl as active substances, has been reported to be an effective disinfectant."
- From the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/infectioncontrol/pdf/guidelines/disinfection-guidelines-H.pdf "The microbicidal activity of a new disinfectant, “superoxidized water,” has been examined. The concept of electrolyzing saline to create a disinfectant or antiseptics is appealing because the basic materials of saline and electricity are inexpensive and the end product (i.e., water) does not damage the environment. The main products of this water are hypochlorous acid (e.g., at a concentration of about 144 mg/L) and chlorine. As with any germicide, the antimicrobial activity of superoxidized water is strongly affected by the concentration of the active ingredient (available free chlorine)" "The solution is nontoxic to biologic tissues."