- Shipping & Returns
Shipping & Returns
Free U.S. Shipping for Electric Water Ionizers
If you live in the U.S., the shipping is virtually free when you have an electric water ionizer in your order. Basically, your shipping costs are waived [this includes the entire order if it contains other items besides for just an electric water ionizer]. With international orders we pay up to $100. worth of shipping/duties costs if your order contains an electric water ionizer. Read more about international orders, below.
Note: portable water ionizers [non-electric] are considered “filters” and don’t qualify for free shipping unless they are purchased with a regular, electric, water ionizer.
Flat-Rate Shipping Charges for Other Products
Accessories, filters and other products, unless they are part of a water ionizer order, are charged a flat rate of $10.50 [US], $30.00 [Canada] and $50.00 [international]. With flat-rate shipping we often waive a good deal of the cost of shipping for our customers. For instance if the shipping actually costs us $22.00 you still just pay the flat-rate of $10.50. The flat-rate will not change no matter how many items you add to your order. This can add up to lots of savings for you, especially if you buy several items at once.
All water ionizer orders and orders $500 or more will have signature requirements.
Shipping to a Different Address [Other than Billing]
We will sometimes require a wire-transfer in the event of an order, which totals over $500.00, being shipped to an address which is different than the billing address for the credit card used.
International [Outside of USA] Orders and Trials:
International sales are final. If you are an international customer, we welcome your order, however please note a few things:
- Outside of the USA you may place your order directly onto our site, or you may email it in, but the funds will need to be wire-transferred. Note: do not email any secure information.
- If you prefer to receive an invoice first we are happy to do that for you. In this case just send us an email with your complete order request and shipping address; we will send you an invoice with our wire-transfer information included; you then send the funds via wire-transfer; then we normally ship your order via USPS international priority mail.
- Please note that your country may charge you duties, and in some cases, sales taxes, on your international order. These charges are beyond our control, and if you want more information about your country’s duties charges please contact your country’s department that handles that.
- International water ionizer orders do not qualify for the 60-day trial period. Your product is guaranteed to be free of defect though. We also insure our packages, so that if your product arrives damaged it will be replaced free of charge.
- Our electrical equipment [i.e., water ionizers] is 110v. Only certain water ionizers are able to convert to 220v. The fee to convert to 220v is $150. Many customers choose to use a transformer instead, which is fine.
- We personally test all water ionizers being shipped internationally to ensure they are in perfect working condition before shipping. We also insure all of our international water ionizer shipments. If your equipment arrives damaged or in non-working condition, report this to us immediately, so we can report it as a shipping claim. Note: Shipping claims require cooperation with the local shipping service on the part of the customer.
- Anyone living outside of the US [depending on the ionizer you choose] is responsible for shipping costs in the event of any future warranty issues.
- We ship to most countries, but not to all. Generally it depends on our trade relations and track-records with shipping to that country. Please check with us if you have any questions about this. Customers pay for shipping on international orders.
In the Event of Damaged or Missing Items:
If your product arrives damaged or doesn't work the way you think it should do not attempt to repair it yourself. Attempts to repair products yourself can damage the equipment beyond repair and void your warranty or rights to refund. Contact us immediately if you think something about your product isn't working right.
Sometimes equipment only appears to be non-functional and is really a user-error. In these cases there is some part of the initial set-up that the customer doesn't understand yet. These types of things can be usually resolved over the phone or via email.
Occasionally damage can occur in shipping. If the shipping box appears damaged in any way we need to be notified so a claim can be filed. Also, related to shipping, please pay attention to the tracking we send you. If a reasonable time has gone by and your haven’t received your products yet, please let us know so we can help you locate your package.
If a product arrives damaged it will be replaced free of charge [i.e., shipping will be paid by the company] provided the was reported within 30 days of the sale date.
Before returning or even packing-up any of our merchandise to return you must first contact us, Alkaline Water Plus, and get an authorization for the return and instructions for how and where to ship. Trial periods (60 or 30-Day Satisfaction Guarantees), mentioned throughout this website refer to water ionizers only [electric ones], and you have to have cared for the water ionizer in such a way that is is like-new. It needs to look new and have no signs of usage. If your water ionizer requires being registered on time, it needs to be, because if the warranty is lost we cannot accept the product back.
You will need to also follow all of our protocols for safely returning the product.
All filter sales or products containing filters, other than electric water ionizers, once opened or used are final. There is no trial period for anything other than the electric water ionizer itself and its own internal filter(s). Other Products, outside of the ionizer, are returnable only if in new condition, re-sellable and returned within 10 days of purchase.
Water ionizers must be returned according to our instructions, with all parts [and manuals, DVD, internal filters, hoses, original box, original packaging, etc.], and must be undamaged. If an item is damaged when you receive it, it is your responsibility to let us know that immediately. Please call us 1-888-692-5525 or email us at the email below for return or exchange authorization and instructions.
Filters which are external to the water ionizer [such as reverse-osmosis units, remineralizers, or H-3 prefilters] or portable water ionizers may not be returned if used. This means if the wrapper is removed and/or water is poured through the filter, it is non-refundable.
Please note: No return of any sort can be accepted without our prior authorization. We will email you step-by-step instructions, which you do need to follow in order to ensure the safe return of your product. You are responsible for the safe return of the product even in circumstances out of your control, and for that reason it is your risk if you do not put sufficient packing material in the box or purchase insurance for your return shipment.
Customer Costs for Returns of Undamaged Items:
Shipping & handling costs both ways are the responsibility of the purchaser, regardless of where you live, in the event of returns of undamaged items. Also, when returning undamaged items, the customer is responsible for waived shipping costs, taxes, customs, if any, unless they can be reversed or retrieved. There is normally an additional 5% restocking fee on returns of undamaged items to cover incedental costs, such as shipping materials, labor, etc. Please make sure you do not return items in a condition that is not like-new or cannot be re-sold. If it turns out that the item is not re-sellable due to use, neglect or damage done to the product, then depending on what it is, either a higher re-stocking fee will be assessed, or in some circumstances it may happen that no refund can be paid.
Warranties & Guarantees
All of our products are guaranteed to be free of defects, if the defect is discovered within 30 days of purchase. Products are examined before being shipped to you, but in the event your product arrives with a defect it will be replaced free of charge. Inspect your shipping box. If it looks damaged, make sure the products inside have all arrived safely.