Ionia Water Ionizers
Ionia is the largest and best manufacturer of water ionizers in Korea and the world. They have been leaders in water ionizer technology since 1982. Ionia has the largest R&D team of any other water ionizer manufacturer and they make several brands of water ionizers. You cannot find a better manufacturer of water ionizers than Ionia.
The four best brands of Ionia's water ionizers are: Jupiter, Smart Nexus and the new Ionia's Best Super-Sanitizing Water Ionizer. To learn more about the first three brands, you can find them each on their own pages for convenience and to avoid confusion, as to which filters to order.
No matter what Ionia water ionizer you choose, you can be assured that you have received the top water ionizer for that price range.
Ionia holds more patents and certifications than any other water ionizer manufacturer. Here are some of them:
IONIA WARRANTY INFORMATION:
The limited lifetime warranty is described, below. Save your invoice for proof of your entitlement to repair or upgrade under this warranty. For any warranty service, you must have proof of purchase of your water ionizer from either Alkaline Water Plus or one of it's authorized dealers. Also, the warranty program does insist people at least buy replacement filters yearly. Make sure you do this. Lack of proper, minimum-yearly, filter replacement can hurt the internal parts of any water ionizer machine.
WARRANTY OVERVIEW: Any defect of a single part, which develops from spontaneous-malfunction within the first five years, is entitled to full warranty service, which means repaired free of charge for both part and labor. Spontaneous-malfunction means that the problem was not customer-error, source-water damage, or other situation that arose from the customer, shipping company, or environment, which resulted in the damage. It just happened, and there is no fault on the customer's part or the environment's part.
- Labor: You are covered for your lifetime-labor charges even after five years and even if the issue is due to user-error.
- Parts: After five years you will be only charged what we are charged (bare minimum charges and sometimes no charges) for the parts.
- Conditional-Parts: If parts are no longer available or your machine is not able to be repaired, or there are multiple parts that went out (making a repair impossible or impractical), or even if you just decide you want a new water ionizer, you will qualify for upgrade credits (see below).
Definition of Customer Error: If you damaged the machine by customer error you will most likely be asked to pay for the cost of parts to fix it. Labor is always free of charge. The warranty is intended to cover spontaneous defects in the product only. The right to free warranty service is based on the proper use of the equipment and proper shipping. Customer error means: misuse, drops, rough handling, rough shipping, improper care, improper water source, commercial use, operating for over one month with an internal leak without sending for repair, infestation, collisions, fire, flooding, natural disaster or violating anything listed in the Notes & Cautions section, below. One of the most common errors is overusing the machine. You should never try to pour more than 5 gallons at a time without giving the machine a break, or it could burn up the SMPS. Burning up the SMPS with over-use is an example of user-error and may cost you $300 to repair.
In the event of customer error, we will still repair your water ionizer at a reasonable rate (no matter what the cause of the damage). We will do this forever if you want, as long as you are our customer. If we have to charge for parts, it will be the price we are charged, and will not be inflated.
Upgrade Credit: Upgrade credit is a unique feature of this warranty. You can use this even if your water ionizer isn't damaged. For instance, you may just want to upgrade to a newer model. For this, our plan will work perfectly in your favor. We offer you a new water ionizer of your choice and will credit you a generous percentage of the amount you paid for your ionizer toward the retail price of the new water ionizer in exchange for your old model. We offer this regardless of whether the machine is damaged or not...even if you caused the damage yourself. The following percentages apply:
- Less than 2 years old in good condition: 50%
- Less than 5 years old in fair condition: 30%
- Over 5 years old: 20%
Notes & Cautions:
- If you have excess sodium, due to a water “softener”, or iron in your source water, you would need to filter them out as part of the expected proper care. Do not put salt in the mineral port of any water ionizer unless told by the manufacturer that this is authorized. Sodium and iron are both highly electrically conductive and could cause undue damage to your water ionizer over time.
- Save yourself from accidental user-error and prevent trouble before it happens by knowing how to set up and care for your machine. Here are a couple of pages about that:
- Water Ionizer Use and Care
- Water Filtration Basics
- The product page of the water ionizer you buy will often have tips for best use on it.
- It is a condition of the warranty that you agree to replace the filter cartridge no less than every twelve (12) months. We have to be able to find your filter purchases in our records. Using any filters other than those listed on this page will void your warranty. We do not accept filters purchased elsewhere.
- Ionizers should not be subject to continuous flow of ionized or filtered water all day long, unless the manufacturer says specifically that they are intended for commercial use (i.e., more than 5 gallons of pouring at any one time or more than 25 gallons per day).
- If you live in a hard water area, please note that cleaning scale from inside a water ionizer is not offered as a free service, however we will send you instructions of how to do this easily yourself. If you know your water is hard, we suggest you use the EOS (Elimination of Scaling) Device to protect your machine.
- If your water-flow slows down, it could be caused by calcium build-up. Do not continue to use the water ionizer without doing the proper vinegar wash first. If that doesn't fix it, you should contact us for advice.
- Under sink installation or any installation that keeps any water ionizer under constant pressure is not suggested by Alkaline Water Plus, unless the manufacturer specifically allows it. Leaking issues could develop over time. We cannot therefore repair leaks in your machine due to it being installed under constant pressure. A way to get around this is to install an external shut-off to turn off the water supply in-between uses. For leak-free undersink installation we only recommend AlkaViva water ionizers.
- The best water outflow-rate for any water ionizer is between 1.5 and 2 liters per minute.
- If you operate a water ionizer regularly with over 2 liters per minute of water coming into it, that would be a customer error. We suggest to install an external flow-control shut off, which will regulate this automatically for you, if you have trouble with this.
- Proper care of the water ionizer is necessary and is your responsibility as the consumer. Don't operate the water ionizer in a barn, garage or other dusty/dirty or greasy location, or in a location where the temperature isn't regulated to a normal room temperature.
- If a malfunction occurs, further operation without making the needed repairs could cause more damage. For instance operating the machine with an internal leak could cause electrical shorts, rusting of internal screws and other such damage. While the first damage may be covered by your warranty, the further damage incurred by continuing to use would be a customer error.
- Water ionizers aren't intended to be left unused for several months at a time. The best use of a water ionizer machine is to use it every day. If you are away for more than a couple of weeks, you should try to arrange for some water to be poured through it every week (or at least every month) to keep the water cell from drying out. If the machine is disconnected from a water supply the provided plugs must be kept in placed on every port and the filter (or a blank filter) should be placed in the filter port. This is to ensure the membranes in the water cell don't dry out.
- Operating any water ionizer with a dried-out water-cell can cause the water cell to burst when you start it up again. If you think your water ionizer water cell may have dried out, contact us for detailed instructions on how to safely get it up and running again.
- Cost of shipping, both ways, is the responsibility of the customer for repairs and for upgrade-credit exchanges.
Note: Do not return your water ionizer for repair without pre-approval or without following our instructions for shipping. You must have our approval, and then follow our packing/shipping instructions precisely, to qualify for warranty service.
Shipping Costs: You will be shipped a water ionizer that is in good working condition. If your water ionizer arrives damaged, we will replace it without charging you shipping costs. But, you must notify us of the damage within 30 days. After that, all shipping [both ways] for warranty fulfillment is the responsibility of the purchaser. Notes: We reserve the option to repair or replace unit [with same or comparable unit].
Transfer of Ownership: You may transfer ownership, but you will need to contact Alkaline Water Plus in order to do so. We need to make sure all of our paperwork is in order prior to any warranty transfers. There is a $50.00 fee for warranty transfers.
CUSTOMER INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING SHIPPING OF ANYTHING TO ALKALINE WATER PLUS
Whether it is a return or repair the way you ship anything to Alkaline Water Plus is very important. Improper shipping has been known to cause damage to equipment in almost all cases. Therefore, 1) make sure to wait for our RMA (Return Materials Authorization) email before you ship (it will give you the proper way to safely ship), and 2) follow our instructions for safe shipping. The consequences of improper shipping are severe, and it would be considered a customer error.
WARRANTY SERVICE BUILT ON TRUST
Alkaline Water Plus has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and has been a member since 2010. This tells you a lot about our business practices at Alkaline Water Plus. We are here to help our customers and you can trust that we will.