Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer TM
The Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer is the strongest residential water ionizer on the planet. It has two full water cells working together with a total of 12 platinum-coated plates. With two full water cells, working synergistically together, finally the answer has been found for how to create the strongest residential water ionizer of all times This is very unique. This many plates all packed into one water cell would be inefficient. But with two water cells, working together, you can really see improved performance. There is no other water ionizer that matches this design or these abilities.
Using & Testing the Ionia Super S-12 Water Ionizer
Video is under 3 min. and is packed with information.
Whatever you want is better with the Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer:
- Highest performance in a water ionizer for drinking, very high antioxidants, wide range of pH-levels.
- Very Versatile: The most important use is for drinking, but you can also use the water for washing, watering plants, and killing germs and viruses.
- Superior filtration. The very effective proprietary filters clean the water really well. I can taste the difference.
- The saline port adds to the versatility and strength of this water ionizer.
- Note: Set the incoming water flow to 2.0 l/m or slower.
Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer makes the healthiest water in five different ways.
- Alkaline ionized water for healthy drinking water: The Ionia Super-S12 water ionizer stands up there at the top of perfection in making healthy ionized water. My testing of ionized water for my drinking level shows it well over -800 ORP (oxidation reduction potential) when the pH of the water produced is about 9.6. This is the best of the best ionized water for detoxing and making your cells the healthiest they can be. See the Benefits of Ionized Water for plenty of information about how healthy, ionized water is good for a body.
- Acidic Beauty-Water: The byproduct of producing alkaline ionized water is acidic water, which is good for skin, hair and plants.
- Super-strong acidic water: When you use the saline injection function of the Ionia Super-S12 (see demo, above), you can produce hypochlorous acid in the water. This is called ECA water (electro-chemically activated). ECA water gives professional-levels of effectiveness and strength in killing germs and viruses on contact (within about 10 seconds). It is an even more potent all-natural germ-killer than 2.5 acidic water alone. The Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer is capable of getting up to 250 ppm of hypochlorous acid concentrations, which surpasses anything the FDA or CDC has ever suggested. Note: When you vary the amount of rock salt you put into the saline bin, and the flow-rate you pour the water, you can vary the range of hypochlorous acid from about 50 to 250 ppm. [Note: The acidic water will retain its germ-killing capability virtually forever.]
- Super-strong alkaline water is an all natural cleanser (which is proven to be effective in germ-fighting as well). It cleans dirt, grime and de-greases quite effectively. I have used super-strong alkaline water as a pre-wash to effectively remove blood, chocolate and other tough stains from clothing and linens and found it to be more effective than anything else.
- For an even milder sanitizer and cleaner: You can put only acidic water or distilled in the sodium port (without any salt - or with just a small amount). This still gives you a strong alkaline and acidic (germ-killing) water when you use that function. By varying the amount of sodium and the flow-rate of the water, you can learn, through experience, how to produce the exact levels of naturally sanitizing water you want. It's all a matter of preference.
No other Machine on the Planet is Like the Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer
The Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer has 2 water cells, so it's actually two water ionizers in one!
[Note: This is not the same as a water ionizer with 12 plates in a single water cell. In the case of a single water cell it is extremely inefficient to have 12 plates.]
But the way the Ionia Super-S12 has 2 separate water cells, side-by-side, gives this water ionizer advantages that no other water ionizer has. I have fully tested it and have seen it to be stronger and more versatile than the other water ionizers.
The Ionia Super-S12 also has advanced continuous-cleaning, which gives the machine both extra life and performance.
Features of the Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer:
- Tests best among other water ionizers for pH and ORP (oxidation reduction potential)
- The Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer is a water ionizer, which is made to produce super oxidized water, strong enough to kill all bacteria and viruses.
- The Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer was built to make the strongest ionized water in the world.
- Both huge water cells in the heart of the Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer work together synergistically.
- The Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer is simple to set up and use. It comes with a diverter, which can hook directly to your sink faucet.
- You can make both super-strong alkaline (at lease 11 pH) and super-strong acidic water (at least 2.5 pH) with the Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer.
- There are no chemicals, and no extra saline solution to buy! Just follow the directions, below for making the solution.
- The 12 huge plates use about 350-400 watts of power.
- The plates of the Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer are continuously-cleaned! The acidic washes are reversed automatically (with a proprietary, patented, method of internal switching), so your plates will never scale up over time.
- Filtration: Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer comes with two internal filters and the filters remove ALL pathogens from the water, plus harmful chemicals.
- Is capable of making plenty of fresh super-oxidizing water every day to help you keep everything in your home disinfected, without chemicals.
The Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer is about the strongest water ionizer I have ever seen. It has great filtration and its ORP-levels and molecular-hydrogen-levels are as outstanding as I've ever seen. (See video.) It's so simple to use. You just push the lever down and out comes the ionized water. The cleaning cycle is automatic and continuous, so it all happens hassle-free in the background.
You can use ANY source water that is potable. You simply hook the Ionia Super-S12 up to your faucet, follow the instructions for setting it up. The saline water in the saline chamber is optional. You can either fill the chamber with distilled water or a saline solution that you make yourself (see salt preparation instructions, below), and you're ready to go!
The filters are only used when you are using one of the drinking water settings. This saves the life of your filters by only filtering when you need it. The filtration is high-tech and excellent filtration. In addition to the filters being quite good, the .01 micron filtration removes all pathogens from the water.
When you are making super-sanitizing water you don't need these filters, and so the filters are bypassed, saving you from unnecessary wasted use of your filters. No germ, virus, mold, bacteria, or any microorganism will live in super-sanitized water, therefore there is never a need to waste your filters making sanitizing water.
How to Reset the Filter
When the machine is plugged in and the electric switch is ON, and the water-flow knob is in the OFF position, the water ionizer is in "standby mode". Follow these instructions when the ionizer is in standby mode.
- Press/hold the top-left button (Strong Alkaline button) to get into the Filter-Reset mode.
- Press/hold the top-right button (Alkaline button) to reset filter 1.
- Press/hold the middle-right button (Acidic button) to reset filter 2.
- Then press the Voice button (middle-left) to save the settings.
Instructions for Getting Alkaline Ionized Drinking Water & its Acidic Water Byproduct
- Place a glass or container under the top alkaline spout.
- If you want to collect acidic water out of the bottom hose, place the hose in a container.
- Pull the lever on the top-right down.
- It will automatically pour alkaline water out at the level you used last time. If this is your first use, touch the Alkaline button (top-right) to toggle the levels until you get to the level you want.
1.5 Minute Demo (With Testing)
This video shows the operation and testing of the Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer. Or visit this link for a longer demo video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cdn_DHhvpKo&feature=youtu.be
Making Sanitizing Water
Hypochlorous acid is the active ingredient in electro-chemically activated super-oxidized water (described by the CDC). Here is the procedure I use for my own use, sanitizing around the house. This gives me adequate levels of hypochlorous acid for home use (around 30 to 50 ppm).
- Fill the saline bin with acidic water or distilled water
- Put a few rock-chunks of Himalayan rock salt in the bottom of the bin
- The saline will naturally diffuse into the water in the bin over a several-hour period
If you want a stronger concentration you can either put in more chunks of rock salt or purchase saline-water concentrate online.
Or, if you prefer, you can opt to not use saline water in the port (i.e., don't add the rock salt chunks) and still get a fantastic germicidal super-oxide water which has about 2.5 pH with the strong-acidic setting.
Electrolysis is proven effective in making super-sanitizing water. See references below. Super oxidized water is validated by the CDC and FDA as a "high-level disinfectant", killing germs and viruses.
All-Natural Sanitation, Cleared by CDC
The CDC has cleared super oxidized water to use as a "high-level" disinfectant against bacteria, mycrobacteria, viruses, fungi, and spores. "Freshly generated super oxidized water with hypochlorous acid is rapidly effective" in under two minutes. It should be stressed that the ECA superoxide water with hypochlorous acid needs to be made daily or even hourly or it will lose some of its activated potency. It's best if used within minutes of making.
Two Streams of "Strong Ionization" for Cleaning & Disinfecting:
Instructions for Getting Super-Sanitizing Acidic Water With Hypochlorous Acid
Do ahead of time:
- Buy some chlorine test strips with a wide enough range to test properly. Hydrion 0-1000 ppm Chlorine Indicator Strips are what I use.
- Prepare the saline solution (see below)
- Program the power level (instructions below). It comes set at power-level-2. I suggest programming it to power-level-4
- Pull the left spout forward and set a container up under it.
- To pour super strong acidic water: Use a flow-rate of 1.5 liters/min to start with.
- Pull down the top-right lever to start the water flow, and immediately double-click the "Strongest Alkaline/Acidic" button (top-left). This super-sanitizing acidic water will come out the top-left spout. [Note: While the strongest acidic water comes out the top, you can collect the byproduct, alkaline water, if you want out of the bottom grey hose. It is a very strong alkaline water for cleaning grease and grime off of things.]
Please Note: Stronger is not necessarily better. Depending on what you are sanitizing you may only need 50-100 ppm of HOCL (hypochlorous acid). To adjust your levels:
- Speed up or slow down the water flow
- Lower or raise the power-level of the base
- Dilute or strengthen the concentration of saline solution
Important Final Step: Flushing Sodium Out of the Water Cell
As a final step, after turning off the water-flow, you need to:
- Pull down the on/off lever one more time and push the strong acidic button for the machine, and a special cleaning cycle will automatically flush out the water cell of all sodium residue. This flush takes 30 seconds.
- Then, pull down on the lever again to clean the other side of the water cell.
This final rinse routine is very necessary for the life of your water ionizer. Your water ionizer may last 20 or so years if you always remember to flush it after producing super-sanitizing water. However it may only last 5 years if you constantly forget this step. If you do forget this step, what will happen is the next time you go to get alkaline drinking water, it will do the cleaning flush. If you notice this happening a lot, you should train yourself better to flush the machine after every time of getting super-sanitizing water.
Closing the Door (Panel) on the Front of the Machine
If you don't do it right, the front panel won't close. So take care to observe these instructions:
- Place the saline bin back into it's spot. Make sure it is in there correctly. There are grooves on the bottom for it to fit in-between.
- Put the left side of the filter-panel into place in both spots (top-bottom). You can now operate the panel as a door. Don't try to close the right side just yet.
- Pull the saline bin out about 2 inches, making sure it is still within the two grooves on the bottom.
- Now line up the vertical spine on the saline bin with the groove in the door-panel on the right. Actually stick it into that groove (keeping the right side of the panel still open enough to get your hand in there to do this).
- Remove your hand from the saline port and push closed the panel door on the right until it is clicked into place in both spots (top-bottom).
- Doing this will properly seat the saline port, so no need to open the door to check it.
The Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer comes already programmed for average water quality. If you want to raise or lower the strength of ionization beyond what you can already do by selecting levels on the machine, you can program the "base" power-level. Here's how:
- Push/hold the "Mode" button (bottom-left) at the same time as the "Strongest Alkaline/Acidic" button (top-left).
- A screen will appear that says "Base", and has a number showing.
- Use the normal "Alkaline" button (top-right) as an up-arrow, or "Acidic" button (middle-right) as a down-arrow, to get to the level you want.
- Push the "Voice" button to save the programming, and you're done.
Not for Excessive, Industrial or Commercial Use
The Ionia Super-S12 Water Ionizer is not for industrial, non-stop use. Though it can be used technically all day, continuous-use will cause potential over-heating damage. The output water rate is about 1.0 L/min to 2.0 L/min. Normal use would allow up to a few gallons of regular ionized water or a few liters of the strong ionized water to be poured every half-hour or so (or multiply these numbers by up to a few thousand to determine what normal use would be over the course of a year. For instance if you want to run the Super-Sanitizing Water Ionizer for a few gallons each hour 24/7, you should probably buy 2 or even 3 machines to ensure you don't overuse and burn it out the one single water ionizer.
The warranty is described in detail on the Ionia page.
References for the Safety and Efficacy of Using Super-Oxided Water
- FDA & CDC ...Superoxidized Water: In October, 2002, the FDA and CDC cleared superoxidized water as a "high-level disinfectant" for killing germs and viruses. Source: CDC Disinfection Methods and Guidelines
- Science Direct article: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S016609340400179X
"After exposing SARS-CoV to extreme alkaline conditions of pH 12 and 14 for 1 h, and subsequently reversing the conditions to a neutralized, buffered solution, the virus was completely inactivated (Fig. 3)."
- US National Library of Medicine: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15350737
"Severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) is a life-threatening disease caused by a novel coronavirus termed SARS-CoV. Due to the severity of this disease, the World Health Organization (WHO) recommends that manipulation of active viral cultures of SARS-CoV be performed in containment laboratories at biosafety level 3 (BSL3). The virus was inactivated by ultraviolet light (UV) at 254 nm, heat treatment of 65 degrees C or greater, alkaline (pH > 12) or acidic (pH < 3) conditions, formalin and glutaraldehyde treatments. We describe the kinetics of these efficient viral inactivation methods, which will allow research with SARS-CoV containing materials, that are rendered non-infectious, to be conducted at reduced safety level"
- US National Library of Medicine: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4880284/
"Several reports suggest that prions must be decontaminated via a process of alkaline water treatment, such as 1 mg/mL of NaOH solution for 1 h . This new, simple washing procedure, without the need for detergents or heating, will be useful to decontaminate equipment contaminated with pathogenic bacteria (S. aureus and P. aeruginosa), fungi (C. albicans) and prions."
- From the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/infectioncontrol/pdf/guidelines/disinfection-guidelines-H.pdf
"The microbicidal activity of a new disinfectant, “superoxidized water,” has been examined The concept of electrolyzing saline to create a disinfectant or antiseptics is appealing because the basic materials of saline and electricity are inexpensive and the end product (i.e., water) does not damage the environment. The main products of this water are hypochlorous acid (e.g., at a concentration of about 144 mg/L) and chlorine. As with any germicide, the antimicrobial activity of superoxidized water is strongly affected by the concentration of the active ingredient (available free chlorine)" "The solution is nontoxic to biologic tissues."
- From PubMed: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21809085
"Electrochemically activated solutions (ECAS) have been shown to have broad-spectrum antimicrobial activity, and have the potential to be widely adopted within the healthcare environment due to low-cost raw material requirements and ease of production (either remotely or in situ). Numerous studies have found ECAS to be highly efficacious, as both a novel environmental decontaminant and a topical treatment agent (with low accompanying toxicity)"
- Super-S12 Water Ionizer & 10 Guarantees for Healthy Living
- See our page about using and protecting a water ionizer when the source water is very hard. What to Do About Hardness in Your Water
- Height: 14.5 inches
- Width: 17 inches
- Depth: 6 inches
Note: A water ionizer is a life-long investment in your health. As such, all of our water ionizers are covered with lifetime warranties. If you ever need a repair, you will need all of your original packing and plugs and other cautions for safe shipping. Visit our Safe Shipping & Receiving of a Water Ionizer page.
All Water-Ionizer Customers Please Read:
We have many pages in this website designed to help you make the right choices for your water ionizer and that includes proper filtration as well. If you have well-water, very hard water, very soft water, a whole-house water softener, or another specific water-source issue, please read the appropriate page(s) listed below for your convenience before you order. Or contact us for a free water quality consultation.