About Jupiter Water Ionizers
Jupiter water ionizers are made by the largest and oldest manufacturer of water ionizers in Korea, Ionia. We have always liked Jupiter Water Ionizers and especially the Classic Athena water ionizer. The Athena Classic is top of the line and is a remarkable water ionizer. With super-simple power adjustment, continuous-cleaning and great filtration, the Athena Classic is one of my very favorite water ionizers.
Note: A water ionizer is a life-long investment in your health. As such, all of our water ionizers are covered with lifetime warranties. If you ever need a repair, you will need all of your original packing and plugs and other cautions for safe shipping. Visit our Safe Shipping & Receiving of a Water Ionizer page.
Jupiter Water Ionizers
Jupiter water ionizers are great quality water ionizers with a long track record of outstanding performance. They have the added advantage of being able to use UltraWater filtration, the best filtration of all water ionizers anywhere in the US.
Athena Classic water ionizers have two filter ports. The first filter [on the left] is always some sort of sediment filter. The second filter is for removing chemicals, metals and other toxins. I've noted whether each filter on this page is a 1st filter or 2nd filter so you know where it is intended to go in the ionizer.
Installation of Jupiter Water Ionizers
Jupiter makes their water ionizers to be hooked up directly to your faucet with a faucet-diverter. These water ionizers all come with diverters. If you should want to hook your Jupiter water ionizer directly to your plumbing you can do that, but we recommend you install an external shut-off as well. More about this can be found on this post: Installing a Tee
Jupiter Water Ionizers and the Michael Moon Story
Back in the late 1970's a very wealthy Korean manufacturer had poor health. His name was Michael Moon. He was obese, had hypertension and had diabetes. He had to take a daily dose of blood pressure medicine just to survive. A friend of his introduced him to alkaline ionized water. This was back in the days that one needed to make ionized water in batches. It was time consuming, but Michael did what his friend suggested. After about a year he had lost 80 pounds, stabilized his blood sugar and blood pressure, while also getting completely off the blood pressure medicine.
The water ionizer he used was a Japanese-made batch water ionizer. At the time there were no researchers in the area of water ionization or water ionizer manufacturing companies, which were Korean. All research in the area of water ionizers was being done solely in Japan.
Being a manufacturer, himself, Mr Moon had many ideas of how to improve the science of water ionizer manufacturing. The machine he used was too expensive and way too hard to use. He was so happy now that he was healthy, that he wanted to spread this water to others. After all, he had power, influence and money, and could use those things to improve this technology and then spread these products to the world.
Mr. Moon had more money than he could ever spend, so he literally became a philanthropist for the water ionizer industry.
First, he founded Dongyang Science Co. Ltd., which he declared to be a medical equipment manufacturing company. He endowed the Dongyang Science Company with .5 billion Korean wan (equivalent of 10 million US dollars). Back in 1982, that was a huge amount of money. With that money, Dongyang Science had the capital to fund a state-of-the-art factory in Korea.
Mr. Moon at the same time funded another state-of-the-art research and development facility in Japan, where he hired the best and brightest water ionization scientists and engineers to staff it. He called this facility Emco Tech, and had it trademarked.
Michael's goal was for his water ionizers to be the best ever in the industry (performance-wise), and he wanted them to be affordable for normal people. These goals were soon realized with a whole line of Jupiter water ionizers. It was really perfect that they were made in Korea, because this cut the price almost in half (of what it would be to set up a manufacturing facility in Japan). It was also perfect that the R&D facility was in Japan, because that was where all the research action was happening at the time, and it was also a location near many hospitals that were willing to test out the new water ionizers that were coming out.
At the turn of the century, the Japanese R & D facility began coming up with the such extremely advanced electrodes and membrane technology that the Jupiter water ionizers using them were in fact light-years ahead of the other water ionizer companies (which were all Japanese companies at the time).
So, the Emco Tech R&D team built their water cells in house in Japan, always keeping ahead of the competition, while the Korean factory was busy building the several brands of water ionizers (from whatever designs that the R&D team sent them).
The Korean factory soon acquired ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 certification, followed by GMP, KFDA and many other certificates. It has now (since 2001) has become the largest manufacturer of water ionizers in all of Asia. They have over 20 patents and are capable of producing over 100,000 water ionizers per month.
Michael Moon is no longer with us, but his legacy remains. He did the world a very good service with his contributions to the water ionizer industry. The manufacturer has, since its inception, changed it's name to Jupiter Science, and then Ionia, but whatever the name, they will always be inspired by the aims and goals (to help the world) of Michael Moon.
Jupiter Water Ionizer Filter Choices
The filters listed on this page will fit most Jupiter brand water ionizers. Here is a specific list of those Jupiter models: Alka-Life or Regency 10 JP105, Aquarius, Athena, Delphi, Ultra-Delphi, Elite JP1000, Mavello, Melody, Microlite*, Miracle, Neptune, Orion, and Venus.
- Alkal-Life 3000SL
- AMWater Actify AK-8000
- Aquarius JP-108
- Athena JS-205
- Delphi IW-102
- Isis JP-104
- Mavello JP-101
- Melody JP-104
- MicroLite JP-107
- Miracle JP-102
- Neptune JP-101
- Orion JP-109
- Regency X
- Regency Elite
- Ultra-Delphi IO400U
- Venus JP-107
* Note: For the Microlite, you need to save and re-use the "filter cup". If you lose it, contact us for the replacement part.
The following filter is only for specific, older, Jupiter water ionizer machines.
- The M.T. Filter fits the Regenesis 2000 (JM901), Technos or Ultra Technos (JT802), Aqua Tonic, Masterpiece and Regency II.
UltraWater Filters [the very best choice]
- 1st Filter for Athena Classic: Fluoride Shield for the Jupiter Athena water ionizer [Also available as an external filter to use as a #1 filter with any water ionizer for the same price]
- 2nd Filter - Or Only UltraWater Filter For Other Jupiter Water Ionizers: Ultra-Water for all Jupiter water ionizers [Jupiter Athena water ionizer, Jupiter Melody water ionizer, Jupiter Ultra-Delphi water ionizer and Jupiter Venus water ionizer]. This filter is also good for some of the older Jupiter water ionizer models, such as the Jupiter Orion and Jupiter Aquarius.
Jupiter Water Ionizer Manuals
Jupiter Water Ionizer Certificates
Jupiter is a true leader in the water ionizer industry. Ionia, the manufacturer of Jupiter Science water ionizers, has more awards and more open-book information about themselves than any other water ionizer company [see below for a full description of the company, the products and proof of their certifications]. We're proud to offer you a full line of Jupiter products. Our customers have given fantastic Jupiter water ionizer reviews. At Alkaline Water Plus you get the best water ionizers and the best deal possible on every purchase of Jupiter water ionizers. For all Jupiter water ionizer reviews please visit the product page for that water ionizer.
You Can Rely on Jupiter Water Ionizers
Jupiter water ionizers have been thoroughly tested and reported on. From their electrodes to their 9-stage Biostone filters, you can be sure you are getting a water ionizer that is at the top of the class! The filters, for instance, have been certified by independent laboratories to be effective in filtering dissolved metals, poisonous chemicals, and every commonly detected dangerous chemical found in drinking water. The contaminants that are in the toughest water were intentionally added to the source water for these tests, and it is impressive!
Jupiter Water Ionizers are Outstanding!
Emco Tech makes the specially patented Jupiter electrodes and water cell [complete with their patented mesh plates and DARC cleaning system] in Japan and the main body of the Jupiter water ionizers are manufactured by Ionia in Korea. Ionia is the largest water ionizer manufacturer in Korea and all of Asia.
How do the Jupiter water ionizers rate as compared to the other water ionizers?
The Jupiter Athena is Jupiter's premier water ionizer, and is in the category of [Best] among other water ionizers. Jupiter ionizers in general tend to rank high in comparison with other water ionizers in their price range.
Why Should You Buy Jupiter Alkaline Water Ionizers?
- Jupiter Ionizers are solid and reliable water ionizers.
- Jupiter ionizer manufacturing procedures have been cutting edge quality since 1982.
- Jupiter water ionizer models consistently outperform the competition and always offer proven and valuable features. They use results to make continual improvements in their water ionizers. These improvements are implemented in the existing models rather than coming out with new names and model numbers.
- Jupiter water ionizers claim to have the lowest return rate in the industry.
- Jupiter's ionizer sales and customer support capabilities offer top notch pre and post sales Jupiter ionizer support. The customer service begins with the sale, but does not end with the sale!
- Jupiter Science has been selling in the USA markets for longer than any other water ionizer company.
- Jupiter ionizers carry the most certifications in the industry - UL, CE, ISO9001 and NSF. Certifications are there to protect the consumer. We suggest you use these to help you make your decision.
- A Jupiter water ionizer comes with hoses, a diverter, a pH test kit and manual.
- Peace of mind with a 60-day satisfaction guarantee.
Teamwork: Emco Tech R&D plus Ionia Genius Manufacturing
In Japan, at Emco Tech, the research department is constantly at work looking at how to improve performance without having to increase power consumption or take up extra room with a bulky ionizing chamber. Their researchers have found that improved efficiency is the answer to better ionization. While some water ionizer companies focus on the "bigger is better" theories, Emco Tech is stably leading the pack with their advanced electronics efficiency, which is the scientific answer to obtaining the best in water ionization.
The Korean manufacturer, Ionia, continues to expand their market and demonstrate product innovation tempered with twenty-five years experience, and continues to deliver no-fuss customer support. Their ionizers are CE approved and UL certified. Ionia has state of the art plants in two locations in Korea. Jupiter Science water ionizers produce great ionized water! Shipped 110 volt (unless 220v is specifically requested).
- Industrial Medal of Merit (Japanese Emperor)
- Chosen by Hankook Ilbo (Korean Newspaper) best product award
- Chosen by Sports Seoul as best product award
- Chosen by GOOD DAY Best Product Award
- Chosen by Hankook Ilbo (Korean Newspaper) Customer Satisfaction and Top Quality Award
- Most Promising Medium Sized Business Award (Corporation for the Promotion of Medium Sized Business)
- Kyunggi Medium Sized Business Award (Kyunggi Area Medium Sized Business Corporation)
- Most Promising Medium Sized Export Business Award (Corporation for the Promotion of Medium Sized Business)
- New Specialized Technology Venture Business Award (Kyunggi Area Medium Sized Business Corporation)
- First Industry Water Ionizer Manufacturing 1 Million Dollar Export Tower Award
- Secretary of Health Award
- Chinese health permit
- Best Health Device Good Manufacturing Practice (KGMP) Certificate
- Korean President Commendation
- Venture Business Award ( New Technology Business)
- Family Industry Business Assignment (Corporation for the Promotion of Medium Sized Business)
- Business Foundation Environmental Technical Research Office Permission (Korean Business Promotion Society)
- ISO9001 Certificate of Approval
- ISO14001 Certificate of Approval
- GMP Certificate
- Korea Food and Drug Certificate
- CE Certificate
- UL Certificate Canada
- UL Certificate USA
- Filter Test Report
JUPITER WARRANTY INFORMATION:
The limited lifetime warranty is described, below. Save your invoice for proof of your entitlement to repair or upgrade under this warranty. For any warranty service, you must have proof of purchase of your water ionizer from either Alkaline Water Plus or one of it's authorized dealers. Also, the warranty program does insist people at least buy replacement filters yearly. Make sure you do this. Lack of proper, minimum-yearly, filter replacement can hurt the internal parts of any water ionizer machine.
WARRANTY OVERVIEW: Any defect of a single part, which develops from spontaneous-malfunction within the first five years, is entitled to full warranty service, which means repaired free of charge for both part and labor. Spontaneous-malfunction means that the problem was not customer-error, source-water damage, or other situation that arose from the customer, shipping company, or environment, which resulted in the damage. It just happened, and there is no fault on the customer's part or the environment's part.
- Labor: You are covered for your lifetime-labor charges even after five years and even if the issue is due to user-error.
- Parts: After five years you will be only charged what we are charged (bare minimum charges and sometimes no charges) for the parts.
- Conditional-Parts: If parts are no longer available or your machine is not able to be repaired, or there are multiple parts that went out (making a repair impossible or impractical), or even if you just decide you want a new water ionizer, you will qualify for upgrade credits (see below).
Definition of Customer Error: If you damaged the machine by customer error you will most likely be asked to pay for the cost of parts to fix it. Labor is always free of charge. The warranty is intended to cover spontaneous defects in the product only. The right to free warranty service is based on the proper use of the equipment and proper shipping. Customer error means: misuse, drops, rough handling, rough shipping, improper care, improper water source, commercial use, operating for over one month with an internal leak without sending for repair, infestation, collisions, fire, flooding, natural disaster or violating anything listed in the Notes & Cautions section, below.
In the event of customer error, we will still repair your water ionizer at a reasonable rate (no matter what the cause of the damage). We will do this forever if you want, as long as you are our customer. If we have to charge for parts, it will be the price we are charged, and will not be inflated.
Upgrade Credit: Upgrade credit is a unique feature of this warranty. You can use this even if your water ionizer isn't damaged. For instance, you may just want to upgrade to a newer model. For this, our plan will work perfectly in your favor. We offer you a new water ionizer of your choice and will credit you a generous percentage of the amount you paid for your ionizer toward the retail price of the new water ionizer in exchange for your old model. We offer this regardless of whether the machine is damaged or not...even if you caused the damage yourself. The following percentages apply:
- Less than 2 years old in good condition: 50%
- Less than 5 years old in fair condition: 30%
- Over 5 years old: 20%
Notes & Cautions:
- If you have excess sodium, due to a water “softener”, or iron in your source water, you would need to filter them out as part of the expected proper care. Do not put salt in the mineral port of any water ionizer unless told by the manufacturer that this is authorized. Sodium and iron are both highly electrically conductive and could cause undue damage to your water ionizer over time.
- Save yourself from accidental user-error and prevent trouble before it happens by knowing how to set up and care for your machine. Here are a couple of pages about that:
- Water Ionizer Use and Care
- Water Filtration Basics
- The product page of the water ionizer you buy will often have tips for best use on it.
- It is a condition of the warranty that you agree to replace the filter cartridge no less than every twelve (12) months. We have to be able to find your filter purchases in our records. Using any filters other than those listed on this page will void your warranty. We do not accept filters purchased elsewhere.
- Ionizers should not be subject to continuous flow of ionized or filtered water all day long, unless the manufacturer says specifically that they are intended for commercial use (i.e., more than a gallon of pouring at any one time or more than 15 gallons per day).
- If you live in a hard water area, please note that cleaning scale from inside a water ionizer is not offered as a free service, however we will send you instructions of how to do this easily yourself. If you know your water is hard, we suggest you use the EOS (Elimination of Scaling) Device to protect your machine.
- If your water-flow slows down, it could be caused by calcium build-up. Do not continue to use the water ionizer without doing the proper vinegar wash first. If that doesn't fix it, you should contact us for advice.
- Under sink installation or any installation that keeps any water ionizer under constant pressure is not suggested by Alkaline Water Plus, unless the manufacturer specifically allows it. Leaking issues could develop over time. We cannot therefore repair leaks in your machine due to it being installed under constant pressure. A way to get around this is to install an external shut-off to turn off the water supply in-between uses. For leak-free undersink installation we only recommend AlkaViva water ionizers.
- The best water outflow-rate for any water ionizer is between 1.5 and 2 liters per minute.
- If you operate a water ionizer regularly with over 2 liters per minute of water coming into it, that would be a customer error. We suggest to install an external flow-control shut off, which will regulate this automatically for you, if you have trouble with this.
- Proper care of the water ionizer is necessary and is your responsibility as the consumer. Don't operate the water ionizer in a barn, garage or other dusty/dirty or greasy location, or in a location where the temperature isn't regulated to a normal room temperature.
- If a malfunction occurs, further operation without making the needed repairs could cause more damage. For instance operating the machine with an internal leak could cause electrical shorts, rusting of internal screws and other such damage. While the first damage may be covered by your warranty, the further damage incurred by continuing to use would be a customer error.
- Water ionizers aren't intended to be left unused for several months at a time. The best use of a water ionizer machine is to use it every day. If you are away for more than a couple of weeks, you should try to arrange for some water to be poured through it every week (or at least every month) to keep the water cell from drying out. If the machine is disconnected from a water supply the provided plugs must be kept in placed on every port and the filter (or a blank filter) should be placed in the filter port. This is to ensure the membranes in the water cell don't dry out.
- Operating any water ionizer with a dried-out water-cell can cause the water cell to burst when you start it up again. If you think your water ionizer water cell may have dried out, contact us for detailed instructions on how to safely get it up and running again.
- Cost of shipping, both ways, is the responsibility of the customer for repairs and for upgrade-credit exchanges.
Note: Do not return your water ionizer for repair without pre-approval or without following our instructions for shipping. You must have our approval, and then follow our packing/shipping instructions precisely, to qualify for warranty service.
Shipping: You will be shipped a water ionizer that is in good working condition. If your water ionizer arrives damaged, we will replace it without charging you shipping costs. But, you must notify us of the damage within 30 days.
After that, all shipping [both ways] for warranty fulfillment is the responsibility of the purchaser. You can call or email us to arrange a repair shipping label to be sent to you at your expense. This way you can take advantage of our shipping discounts. It is also your responsibility to save the plugs that come with your water ionizer. These must be used to ensure the safety of the machine (with no water leaks) during shipping. If you lost the plugs you will need to purchase new ones.
Notes: We reserve the option to repair or replace unit [with same or comparable unit].
Transfer of Ownership: You may transfer ownership, but you will need to contact Alkaline Water Plus in order to do so. We need to make sure all of our paperwork is in order prior to any warranty transfers. There is a $50.00 fee for warranty transfers.
CUSTOMER INSTRUCTIONS REGARDING SHIPPING OF ANYTHING TO ALKALINE WATER PLUS
Whether it is a return or repair the way you ship anything to Alkaline Water Plus is very important. Improper shipping has been known to cause damage to equipment in almost all cases. Therefore, 1) make sure to wait for our RMA (Return Materials Authorization) email before you ship (it will give you the proper way to safely ship), and 2) follow our instructions for safe shipping. The consequences of improper shipping are severe, and it would be considered a customer error.
WARRANTY SERVICE BUILT ON TRUST
Alkaline Water Plus has an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau and has been a member since 2010. This tells you a lot about our business practices at Alkaline Water Plus. We are here to help our customers and you can trust that we will.
Packing Up the Smart, Nexus or Jupiter Water Ionizer
- Turn off the water source.
- Open the flow knob (releases pressure on lines).
- Blow through spout to force water out of machine.
- Remove spout and hoses; let dry.
- Put plugs in/on the open ports (from the spout and two hoses) and secure the electric cord with a twist-tie.
- Make sure machine is dry before covering it with the large plastic bag that came with it.
- Turn the machine on its side.
- Fit the bottom into the foam fitting and plug into the corner hole.
- Slide machine into product box.
- Turn box upright.
- Put hoses and other pieces into a separate plastic bag and insert them into the box.
- Make sure to put the top foam piece on correctly. There is only one way that fits.
- There's a spot on top of the foam piece for the spout to fit nicely.
- Close up the box.
- If you're going to ship the box, make sure to pack it securely and snugly into another, bigger, sturdy shipping box.