The Nexus Citric Acid Cleaning Cartridge is an easy-to-use solution to hard water scaling within any Nexus water ionizer.
Nexus Citric Acid Cleaning Cartridge Directions:
- Remove the acidic hose and plug-up that port.
- Stretch the spout [flexible-hose] out over the sink - slightly downward, but at the end curl it up to where the tip of it is above the height of the water ionizer.
- Remove filter and insert the Nexus Citric Acid Cleaning Cartridge into the filter port.
- Run the water ionizer on filtered-water-mode at a slow trickle until it starts to come out of the tip of the spout.
- Let it sit for about an hour or so.
- Re-position the spout to point downward and run the filtered-water mode at normal speed to rinse out the machine.
- Remove the empty Citric Acid Cleaning Cartridge and return the filter to its normal position.
- Return the acidic hose to its normal position.
- Rinse the machine once more for about a minute [in filtered-water mode].