Mesh Plates [in Water Ionizers]…Is it Good?
How Great are Water Ionizer Mesh Plates? Are they Better? Do Mesh Plates Ionize the Water Better?
Many water ionizers are using mesh plates today. It used to be that all water ionizers used solid plates, and of course there used to be very little selection of different water ionizer companies [and models] as there are today. We benefit from the vast array of water ionizer companies and large amount of competition in water ionizer selling, but on the same token, we can become too bombarded with INFORMATION too! This makes things confusing for people wanting to buy a water ionizer.
Because mesh plates are made of titanium they will never degrade or corrode [unless you use lots of sodium with them for years]. However one caution with mesh-plates is that the mesh can get clogged up with scale if the water ionizer doesn't have continuous-cleaning. If you see "mesh" then look for continuous-cleaning to go along with it. Watch out, though. Companies have ways to describe their self-cleaning which makes you think it's sufficient. Intermittent, acid-wash, self-cleaning [such as what Lifeionizers uses] is not good enough for use with mesh plates.
These wide varieties of choices, though, don’t bother me in the least. Why?
Because I’ve been drinking ionized water for so long (over 16 yrs.) that I’ve seen it all. I’ve been there and done that…so to speak, and the results are: no matter how you design & re-design water ionizers, they are going to give you great, healthy water. It’s like comparing TV brands. Some people are going to be more concerned with buying the absolute best TV and others won’t worry about it. Sometimes you just won’t know until the first “new design” breaks down. Just about all TV owners enjoy watching great TV for years, and when the new technology comes along, might trade in the old for the new…or keep the old one till it breaks. The person who spent hours, days or weeks making sure they got the very best deal, may get a better deal, but he may also get a lemon. It’s happened.
The fact is: the least expensive water ionizer I sell is twice as good as the water ionizer I started out with!
My first water ionizer, back in 1993, cost me $1,100.00 — expensive! But it was a much less well-designed water ionizer. The point of me saying this is …from the time I started drinking ionized water, I ceased to have allergies, colds, ear infections, strep throats, or anything at all negative [health-wise]. That’s with an inferior water ionizer!
We’ve had our new Melody now for about 9 months, and I have noticed that some spider veins that were appearing on my right leg are now going away. This is probably the negative ORP that’s doing this. The Melody water ionizer I have now gets about three times as good ORP as my old Ange water ionizer. So, the newer models, with the better ORP are a great plus! But, the bottom line is, all the water ionizers I sell are great…& so don’t worry so much! My one suggestion is to stay within your budget.
You don’t have to spend $4000. on a water ionizer.
The Kangen water ionizer people [Enagic] will tell you that they have the best water ionizer and that’s because they have the most expensive one. Enagic will tell you how you have to have their water ionizer if you want the miraculous health benefits. However this is not true. All good water ionizers (which are the only water ionizers I sell) will give you similar miraculous health benefits. As a matter of fact, most of the research the Kangen Co. uses to sell their water ionizers was done with other brands of water ionizers [not the Enagic]. The majority of actual researchers they site are from years prior to the Enagic brand even being invented. The Enagic has only been out for 5 yrs. [since 2004] , so it’s ridiculous to think that all the 30 prior years worth of miracles didn’t happen.
The guy who started the Jupiter Co., for instance, was a multi-millionare whose health was failing. A friend introduced him to a primitive version of a water ionizer [this was about 30 yrs. ago] and within a year this man [Michael Moon] had regained his health. Now he was both rich AND HEALTHY. Guess which one he felt was better to be? That’s right! Healthy! So, people have been experiencing these miracles.
The only thing is that most of these people have not been Americans…due to the suppression of new natural health technology in America by the tycoons who profit from medicines, etc. Natural healing solutions tend to be suppressed in this country. So, the concept is very new to most people in this country.
When searching out the water ionizer you want to buy, keep alert for tricky sales techniques. On one website I was on this morning I found some pretty big untruths [AKA: Lies]. Not just one…several.
- The author stated that Life Water Ionizers had a choice of solid plates as an upgrade to their normal mesh plates. The author was very clear in saying that you had to pay extra for solid plates! Wow! Not TRUE! It’s actually the opposite: you have to pay an extra $100. for mesh plates in any Life water ionizer, although I don't recommend it with that water ionizer.
- The same author was saying that the Jupiter people made their mesh plates in large sheets, then electroplated them, then punched them and cut them. Again…Big Untruth! This website was truly sincere-sounding too, and was trying to make it seem that the Jupiter plate safety was in question. NOT TRUE AT ALL. Jupiter is the leader in electrode plate safety. The reality is that the Jupiter Co. stamps and cuts each plate first and one-by-one electroplates these mesh plates AFTER the cutting process. So every square fraction of a mm of surface area of the electrode is covered with a computer-accurate even coating of platinum. This ensures perfect plating to use for perfect water ionization. He also said the plates were made in Korea…not true…they’re made in Japan. Why he made such a deal about this was beyond me. Yikes! This author was either very sloppy in his lack of research or intentionally deceptive. Very bad show!
- The same guy, obviously an Enagic advocate (the author), was describing how awful electroplating was and how you needed to dip the plates for the best coating. The fact is …dipping the plates causes an uneven coating and air-bubbles are known to create defaults in the plate's surface. Dipping is not a scientific way to coat the plates. This is why the Enagic company does not get as good pH and ORP for their ionized water, even though they have higher wattage and larger plates. They’re just not using as well-designed and engineered of a process as Jupiter.
When it comes to a choice of electrodes, between mesh plates and solid plates, I think that as long as your water ionizer has a great continuous-cleaning system, either type of plate will be good. Mesh will get a bit better pH and ORP, but usually costs more. The solid plate may last longer, but I don’t know. I know solid plates properly plated will last over 20 years…maybe over 30. However mesh plates are a newer technology. The theory (held by PHD scientists) is that the mesh plates will hold up as well as the solid plates.
Jupiter has a far better self-cleaning system, so that’s a company I tend to recommend more than Enagic. They sell both the Melody (with solid plates) and the Athena (with mesh plates). I like the Melody for the reason it ionizes really well (with great pH & ORP), cleans itself really, really well, AND it’s much less expensive.
I want to be able to know that my electrodes are free of scaling [calcium build-up] at all times…not just once every 6 months. That’s my bottom line.
For pH and ORP, [and more importantly: relative Hydrogen — rH] though, the Athena outperforms all the others to date. Will the plates hold up as well as the solid plates? For that, we’ll all have to wait and see.
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by Email
Get every post sent to your email address.
- Molecular Hydrogen Explained
- H2- Power Over Diabetes & Other Diseases
- Ionized Water & Pregnancy
- Structured Water: Why Our Bodies Need It
- Why You Should Not Buy a 9, 11 or 13-Plate Water Ionizer
- Athena H2 Water Ionizer Review
- X-Blue Water Ionizer Review
- Smart 7P Water Ionizer Review
- Vesta GL Water Ionizer Review
- Jupiter Athena Water Ionizer Review
- Melody Water Ionizer Review
- Venus Water Ionizer Review
- Ultra-Delphi Water Ionizer Review
- Tyent Water Ionizer Review
- Bawell Water Ionizer Review
- AirWaterLife, Real Spirit, Aqua Ionizer Deluxe Water Ionizer Review
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.