How Does Molecular Hydrogen Heal?
The main antioxidant effects of ionized water come from molecular hydrogen.
Molecular hydrogen is simply H2, a molecule of two hydrogen atoms lightly bonded. It's diatomic hydrogen, two atoms. And it's the single most effective and powerful antioxidant on the planet. It's also the tiniest.
The hydrogen H2 bond is light, so its electrons are free. The extra electrons can therefore reverse free-radical damage and neutralize it easily and with no adverse effects.
Hydrogen neutralizes free-radicals more efficiently, quickly and powerfully than anything else. It's not exactly an antioxidant, but it's similar.
Common antioxidants lose their free electron after donating it and become potentially harmful to the body. But diatomic hydrogen is like a miracle molecule. It never becomes harmful and it fights diseases like crazy. Its extra electron bonds and un-bonds over and over until the hydrogen eventually evaporates.
Every single organ and nearly every major disease benefits from H2.
Molecular Hydrogen Explained
Dr. Ohta from Nippon Medical School tells us in plain, laymen’s terms how great molecular hydrogen benefits are. They are medically sound and proven at this point.
Molecular hydrogen neutralizes even the most deadly free radicals and causes no harm to the body. Many researchers since then have duplicated Dr. Ohta's original research.
Molecules of hydrogen are so small they penetrate the blood-brain barrier. Remember the periodic table of elements? Hydrogen is the first, smallest element. They are so super tiny they can go anywhere in the body to fight oxidation free-radical damage.
Video: Dr. Ohta - on Effectiveness Hydrogen in Healing
- The effects of H2 to the body are highly anti inflammatory.
- Hydrogen can neutralize the oxygen radicals.
- Hydrogen is soluble to both water and oil. This effects its ability to enter cells and even penetrate the blood brain barrier.
- H2 is invisible to the microscope, but measurable.
- It has two functions: 1) To combine with oxygen radicals and neutralize them. When hydrogen combines with oxygen it becomes water. 2) It increases the enzymes that diminish oxygen radicals.
- Some oxygen radicals are necessary to our body. Therefore we divide oxygen radicals up into good oxygen radicals and bad ones. Hydrogen gas and hydrogen rich water remove the bad oxygen radicals without removing good ones. Studies have shown this fact: hydrogen has the characteristic of removing the bad radicals and keeping the good ones.
There are plenty of antioxidants available in food, so why would one more antioxidant be so special?
- The first reason is its extremely tiny size. It penetrates all cell membranes with ease.
- H2 is both water and lipid soluble. This makes it uniquely able to penetrate cells and fight free radicals. Molecular hydrogen even repairs cells after damaged.
- High concentrations of H2 are completely safe. Other antioxidants become free radicals themselves, at least temporarily, after they donate their electron.
- Diatomic hydrogen is selective. It only removes the bad free radicals, and leaves the useful ones alone. This is significant in helping the body maintain homeostasis.
- It regulates gene expression communicating between metabolic pathways. H2 regulates the production of the correct proteins when and where needed. So the metabolism works better when you drink hydrogen water.
- Hydrogen signals the production of enzymes in the body which reduce the bad free radical production.
How to Get Molecular Hydrogen
Molecular hydrogen comes as H2 gas or hydrogenated water. You can make your own hydrogen water or gas using several cost-effective devices.
- Water ionizers: Instant flow and inexpensive (about 20 cents per quart).
- Filtering devices, such as the Elita, are another alternative.
- Hydrogen Water Machines
How to Store Hydrogen Water
Hydrogenated water contains a higher h2 concentration than either atmospheric pressure or gravity will allow. It's light, so tends to rise up into the atmosphere. Read how to store your hydrogen water properly so it will last all day.
Research on Molecular Hydrogen
See the Molecular Hydrogen Research Page for more information.