I often get questions asking if heating or cooling ionized water from one of our water ionizers will change it. I have tested the effects of heating & cooling ionized water many times before, but recently have discovered the importance of protecting the ionized water from the air. Exposing ionized water to the air causes it to lose its antioxidant value at a much faster pace. Today I’m trying to find out more about what happens when you heat or cool ionized water.
Because I already know from many tests done in the past that exposing ionized water to air decreases the ORP, I did my best to eliminate the air variable in order to have a more accurate test.
Note: PH and ORP meters cannot take such extremes in temperature, so I had to let the containers holding the frozen and boiling water sit in room temperature long enough to be able to test it.
|pH Before||ORP Before||pH After||ORP After||Temp|
|Cup of ice water||11||-785||11||-770||32|
- Boiling ionized water does significantly decrease its health value. It will take the negative ORP [anti-oxidant value] out of the water and will even reduce the pH somewhat. [However, even after being boiled, ionized water is still far better than tap water, un-ionized.]
- Freezing ionized water does not, by itself, reduce its health value very much. As long as you take precautions to not expose the ionized water to air, your frozen ionized water should be good.
- Warming your ionized water does not seem to reduce the health value much [unless you bring it to a high temperature]. Note: In our experiment, we brought it up to 108 degrees.
- Adding ice [especially if the ice was made of ionized water] doesn’t decrease its health value.
Suggestions Based on the Test Results
After evaluating the results of these tests, I can safely say that it’s fine to warm your ionized water slightly or to add ice to it. Boiling your ionized water for drinking it is for the most part not suggested.
Read more about water ionizer use & care.
Today Susan, at Alkaline Water Plus, is going to compare pH drops with the results of pH tested with a calibrated pH meter. First of all, we want to ensure that the pH drops test accurately. Then secondly, since we sell two different sizes of the pH drops we are curious if both sizes are [...]
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by Email
Get every post sent to your email address.
- Molecular Hydrogen Explained
- H2- Power Over Diabetes & Other Diseases
- Ionized Water & Pregnancy
- Structured Water: Why Our Bodies Need It
- Why You Should Not Buy a 9, 11 or 13-Plate Water Ionizer
- Athena H2 Water Ionizer Review
- X-Blue Water Ionizer Review
- Smart 7P Water Ionizer Review
- Vesta GL Water Ionizer Review
- Jupiter Athena Water Ionizer Review
- Melody Water Ionizer Review
- Venus Water Ionizer Review
- Ultra-Delphi Water Ionizer Review
- Tyent Water Ionizer Review
- Bawell Water Ionizer Review
- AirWaterLife, Real Spirit, Aqua Ionizer Deluxe Water Ionizer Review
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.