I had a customer say some really great things about our Vitamin C shower filter that we sell. It inspired me to do a little research on shower filters and specifically why Vitamin C is an important factor.
Why A Shower Filter?
1. We absorb more chlorine from our skin than we do from drinking water.
2. While taking a shower, your pores open up which allows for you to absorb the chemicals in the water.
3. Chlorine is highly volatile and is concentrated in the steam from a shower.
4. Chlorine has a drying effect on skin and hair.
5. Inhaling chemicals allows for it to get to your bloodstream faster and without having to go through the digestive system.
6. High levels of chlorine has been found in women with breast cancer.
Why Vitamin C?
Vitamin C is known to be very good for the skin. Per a revent Science Daily resource article, Vitamin C helps in healing wounds and also prevents damage to DNA.
Vitamin C helps in skin regeneration, which would allow for you to keep your skin looking younger. This vitamin is an antioxidant so it helps prevent the aging process of skin. When the skin oxidizes, it looses it’s elasticity and develops wrinkles. So, C will help in preventing your skin from aging!
It seems that this combination of filtration and adding vitamin C is actually very well thought out.
Should You Alkalize Your Skin?
No. The cells inside our bodies need alkalinity, but our exterior cells and hair need a slightly acidic pH. This is another reason the Vitamin C filter works so well to make the skin softer...because Vitamin C is slightly acidic (just what the skin likes).
Read more about shower and bath filters.
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by Email
Get every post sent to your email address.
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.