I recently did a series of tests to determine …
Which Container is Best for Storing Ionized Water?
I often get this question from my water ionizer customers, and have been working on discovering the very best methods of storing ionized water for a while now. So far, I’ve discovered that leaving no gap of air inside the container makes a huge difference in the ability to store ionized water and retain the ORP [antioxidant value], which usually escapes in just a few hours of storage. Also, glass appears to be the best container for retaining the ORP and pH values of the ionized water the longest.
The three containers I used in this trial were: 1) a glass jar [the kind used for jamming], 2) a plastic, BPA free, jar with a pull-type top, and 3) a dark, plastic, BPA-free container with a flip-type spout. The water ionizer I used was the Jupiter Athena water ionizer.
The videos are all posted here in order. Beginning/pouring note: I filled each container to the brim in attempts to have no air-gap in the bottle at all. The second container was impossible to do this completely because of the cap design. I tested them at different intervals and have posted the results, below, on a chart for your easy reference.
|Ionized WaterFrom Athena Water Ionizer||
|2/19 After Pouring||
|2/20 17 Hours Later||
|2/20 After Pouring||
|2/20 2 Hours Later||
Conclusions: The glass jar is best for storing ionized water, however if you’re drinking the water within a couple of hours, using a plastic, bpa-free, container filled to the brim is good too. The flip-top lid appears to be a bad design for retaining ORP. So avoid lids that have a way for gas to escape.
Look to my more recent posts to see updated testing of storing ionized water.
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by Email
Get every post sent to your email address.
- Molecular Hydrogen Explained
- H2- Power Over Diabetes & Other Diseases
- Ionized Water & Pregnancy
- Structured Water: Why Our Bodies Need It
- Why You Should Not Buy a 9, 11 or 13-Plate Water Ionizer
- Athena H2 Water Ionizer Review
- X-Blue Water Ionizer Review
- Smart 7P Water Ionizer Review
- Vesta GL Water Ionizer Review
- Jupiter Athena Water Ionizer Review
- Melody Water Ionizer Review
- Venus Water Ionizer Review
- Ultra-Delphi Water Ionizer Review
- Tyent Water Ionizer Review
- Bawell Water Ionizer Review
- AirWaterLife, Real Spirit, Aqua Ionizer Deluxe Water Ionizer Review
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.