Nexus water ionizers are made in a well-established 40-year-old manufacturing company in Korea. This Nexus water ionizers comparison will summarize the two most popular Nexus water ionizers and show] the features that make up their differences.
Starting off, here’s a short video showing the Nexus Smart and the X-Blue water ionizers being compared.
Nexus Water Ionizers Comparison of Features
In the above video you can see that I not only compared the ionization capabilities of the two Nexus water ionizers, but also demonstrated and discussed other features, such as the water ionizer cleaning systems, mineral port, filters and programming capabilities. I’ve explained more about each of these, below.
My Nexus water ionizers comparisons of ionization capabilities was actually surprising to me. The Nexus X-Blue water ionizer ionized water as thoroughly as the Nexus Smart. They both did great, so as far as water ionizers go you can’t go wrong with either of the Nexus water ionizers. Both the Smart water ionizer and the X-Blue will ionize as well as many higher-priced brands [and better than others]. With an ORP of close to -500, at a pH of about 10, you can’t really get much better than this at the drinking levels of ionized water.
The Nexus Smart water ionizer has a mineral port, whereas the X-Blue does not. Other ionizers with mineral ports include: the Athena, Delphi, Melody, Miracle-Max. It’s helpful to have a mineral port for these reasons:
1. If you have soft water and you want to add minerals the port will allow you to add calcium or magnesium beads. Adding minerals can help to give you a boost to your ionization capability if your water is deficient in minerals.
2. If you have hard water and you want to use scale guard crystals to keep the calcium in the water from sticking to the insides of your water ionizer a mineral port helps you to do that.
3. In some cases a mineral port can be used to add sodium. Adding sodium, in the form of rock salt, can help to boost ionization temporarily so as to get stronger acidic water or alkaline for cleaning purposes. This is not recommended by most water ionizer manufacturers, because sodium can corrode the plates. So, use this feature sparingly and always rinse out your water ionizer in the purified water setting for a minute after each use of sodium.
Continuous Cleaning vs Standard Acid-Washes done Automatically
Continuous cleaning is a better feature than intermittent cleaning (standard “acid washes”). It’s all under the name of “automatic cleaning”, but when done continuously, it’s just done more. It makes a difference in the overall longevity and great, continued performance over time if the water ionizer has continuous cleaning. The Smart has continuous cleaning. Other water ionizers with continuous cleaning are the Athena, Delphi and Melody water ionizers. The X-Blue has regular automatic acid-washes, which is the kind of cleaning system you will find in most water ionizers, such as the Enagic, Tyent, KYK, and Chanson water ionizers.
Filters & Filter-Changing
Both the Nexus water ionizers use Biostone filters, and you have the option with either water ionizer to select a .01 Ultra Biostone filter if you have issues with bacteria, virus, fungus or algae in your source water. Most people use municipal water, which is treated, so it’s probably best for those people to get the regular Biostone filter, which has extra carbon for removing chemicals.
In the above video I demonstrated how easy is is to open up the filter doors and change the filters. Not every water ionizer comes with spring-loaded filters like this, making filter-changing very easy to do.
Both the Nexus water ionizers [X-Blue and the Smart water ionizers] have sturdy, long-lasting designs. The materials used in construction are of great quality, and they are expected to last around 20 years. Most other water ionizers in the price range are designed to last around 10-15 years, so the Nexus water ionizers rate very highly in this department.
The Nexus Smart water ionizer has the capability of being programmed [to have all levels come in stronger or weaker according to what you want]. I usually set all of the Nexus water ionizers at the strongest levels to send to people, but in some cases a customer may not want it to ionize so strongly. It’s nice to know you can change the power settings if you need to. Other water ionizers with programming capabilities are the Athena, Delphi, KYK, Chanson and Tyent water ionizers. The X-Blue comes programmed at its strongest level, but this can’t be customized.
To learn more about either of these two, great, Nexus Water Ionizers see these links:
Why Should Every Water Ionizer Owner Know a Little About Anti-Scale Techniques and Devices? Scale can be a problem for water ionizers in two ways. 1) The plates of the water ionizer need to be completely free of even the lightest film of calcium. The reason for this is that platinum [which coats the water ionizer plates] [...]
If you own or plan to own a water ionizer you need to know a little about water ionizer care. This post gives some great tips for how to transport a water ionizer. Without fail there will be a time to either take your water ionizer with you on a trip or if you move …or [...]
The Alkaline Ionizer Purifier Energizer is one of the better of the non-electric-water-ionizers a cool device which alkalizes and ionizes the water without using electricity. It hooks up to the sink with a diverter, included.Alkaline Water Plus has tested many water-ionizer-devices and is impressed with this one. It hooks directly to your faucet and is easy to use. The Alkaline Ionizer [...]
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by Email
Get every post sent to your email address.
- Molecular Hydrogen Explained
- H2- Power Over Diabetes & Other Diseases
- Ionized Water & Pregnancy
- Structured Water: Why Our Bodies Need It
- Why You Should Not Buy a 9, 11 or 13-Plate Water Ionizer
- Athena H2 Water Ionizer Review
- X-Blue Water Ionizer Review
- Smart 7P Water Ionizer Review
- Vesta GL Water Ionizer Review
- Jupiter Athena Water Ionizer Review
- Melody Water Ionizer Review
- Venus Water Ionizer Review
- Ultra-Delphi Water Ionizer Review
- Tyent Water Ionizer Review
- Bawell Water Ionizer Review
- AirWaterLife, Real Spirit, Aqua Ionizer Deluxe Water Ionizer Review
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.