Studies have shown that intermittent fasting can benefit a person’s weight, muscle mass and blood pressure. One of the only cautionary notes about intermittent fasting is the fact that any fasting can put the body into an acidic state. (References listed below.)
What is Intermittent Fasting?
Daily intermittent fasting is when you eat only during a certain time-period and fast the rest of the time each day. The number of hours of fasting will vary. Here are some examples:
16:8 The 16:8 intermittent fast is when you eat for only 8 hours per day and then fast for the other 16.
14:10 The 14:10 intermittent fast is when you eat for only 10 hours per day and then fast for the other 14.
There are other variations of this diet model, but most protocols include the abililty to drink water or other no-calorie or low-calorie liquids during the fasting period.
The purpose of using any sort of intermittent fasting diet model would be to lose weight, but there are also other benefits.
- Here is a study showing intermittent fasting to reduce blood pressure.
- Here is another study which shows intermittent fasting helped decrease fat mass and maintain muscle mass.
Is Intermittent Fasting the Same as Detox? No.
Fasting and detoxifying are two different things. As a matter of fact, sometimes fasting creates a more toxic environment within the body than normal eating. When a person goes without eating for longer than 6 or 8 hours the body starts to go into a state of ketosis. This is when it finds calories to burn from fat, as opposed to glucose stores. Fat is acidic (i.e., fatty acids), and the process of burning them for fuel ultimately gets those fats out of your body, which is great, except until they are eliminated, higher amounts of fat-burning can cause an acidic environment in the body. An acidic body has been shown to promote diseases. So you want to avoid this.
How Does Alkaline Ionized Water Help Intermittent Fasting?
Alkaline ionized water has been shown in and of itself to help with weight loss and detoxifying the body. But in combination with intermittent fasting it helps even more.
The alkalinity from alkaline ionized water helps to buffer the acids from the fat being burned, so it can more safely and quickly be eliminated from the body. Other benefits of alkaline ionized water include healing effects on the kidneys, liver, lungs, stomach, intestines, bladder, blood, skin and immune system (virtually all of the organs used in getting toxins out of the body).
Which is Better: Alkaline Ionized Water or Hydrogen Water, for Intermittent Fasting?
Alkaline ionized water is better to use in conjunction with intermittent fasting (especially during the hours of fasting). For reasons stated in the last section, the alkalinity is very helpful for the process of eliminating fats and neutralizing the body pH.
Alkaline ionized water also has free hydrogen in it, which helps to combat free radicals (which are associated with any type of stress.)
Hydrogen water would be the next best choice, over regular tap water or bottled water, for the free-radical scavenging benefits, and during mealtimes it is possibly better. See the benefits of free hydrogen.
My Own Experiences with Intermittent Fasting and Alkaline Ionized Water
Just recently I came upon several articles regarding the benefits of intermittent fasting. I thought I’d try it to see how my body liked it. I have been drinking alkaline ionized water for almost 25 years, and in and of itself it has helped me to regulate my body weight, eliminate allergies, and actually eliminate all illness, period.
What I found with intermittent fasting is:
- It is quite easy to do. I eat for about a 9-hour window daily and fast the rest of the time.
- It is easier for me to get to sleep when I stop eating at 7pm vs what I was doing before (9pm). I’m not trying to digest anything, so it works out very well.
- Prior to intermittent fasting about half of the water I was drinking was alkaline ionized water and the other half was hydrogen water. But when I started the intermittent fast, I found that at least during the fasting period it feels far better to drink a higher proportion of alkaline ionized water. I drink hydrogen water about only 30% of the time now, including during meals and alkaline ionized water about 70%.
- I really like intermittent fasting for the healthy feel it gives my body, and also for the few pounds that seem to have just naturally sloughed off (hardly noticed) over the past 2 weeks.
- Effect of electrolyzed high-pH alkaline water on blood viscosity in healthy adults.
- Effects of molecular hydrogen-dissolved alkaline electrolyzed water on intestinal environment in mice.
- Effects of alkaline-electrolyzed and hydrogen-rich water, in a high-fat-diet nonalcoholic fatty liver disease mouse model.
- Daily ingestion of alkaline electrolyzed water containing hydrogen influences human health, including gastrointestinal symptoms.
- Effects of eight weeks of time-restricted feeding (16/8) on basal metabolism, maximal strength, body composition, inflammation, and cardiovascular risk factors in resistance-trained males
- Effects of 8-hour time restricted feeding on body weight and metabolic disease risk factors in obese adults: A pilot study
- Intermittent Fasting: The Choice for a Healthier Lifestyle
- 100 Scientific Studies of Hydrogen Water
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by EmailUse form, below, to subscribe to our newsletter or click this link to sign up for more benefits.
Featured Posts or Pages
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.