In the United States good water is often taken for granted. In order of importance the quality of air, water and food we consume have everything to do with how long and healthy of a life we will have. In other words, it’s important! So, even if you think you know it all already I encourage you to take a minute to have a fresh look at an old subject. You may learn something to improve the quality of the rest of your life!
What is Good Water, and Why is Drinking Water so Important?
The best, healthiest thing you can put into your body is WATER. Your body is about 60-70% water, depending on your dehydration/hydration levels, and the kind of drinking water you put into it is something that the sooner you learn [and apply], the healthier life you are likely to have.
For one, tiny second, let’s look at a parallel subject. If you had only two choices: a smoky room and a room with no air in it, you’d obviously choose the one where the air was smoky. Now, within those parameters, what would be your options?
- You could install an air-freshener or other chemicals to make the smoky air smell or feel good [I would liken this to adding flavor-aids to drinking water, or drinking coffee or soft drinks instead of good water]. With this choice you’re only masking the poor quality of the water and training your body to crave unhealthy chemicals which will wear down the cells eventually.]
- You could install a filter. For this there would be hundreds of choices, and the more educated choice, the better. You’d want to take out the bad stuff and leave in the good stuff. In addition you may want to add a humidifier to the mix to simulate the exact air your body needs for good health. If you were educated, you’d know the expense was necessary, though, because without this, your life-span and quality of life would suffer. [I liken this choice to filtering the water you drink and then installing a water ionizer to make the water the absolute best quality for what your cells need.]
Being industrialized and modernized we have parameters with water similar to those of the examples with air, above. Our choices for air, water and food are limited by what industrialization has done to these things. What we choose to drink can make all the difference to our health and longevity!
Enforced Drinking Water Quality Standards:
One thing we can be thankful for is that we live in a land where drinking water quality standards are pretty high. In the US, compared with other industrialized countries, we have fairly good water to begin with.
One reason we have such good water here in the US is due to our standards. Municipalities are simply not allowed to exceed the set “Maximum Allowable Contaminant Levels” for contaminants which have been found to be associated with diseases. Probably because penalties are imposed if municipalities violate the standards, today it is rare for a municipality to exceed the EPA’s MCL standards.
Municipalities must report their testing in “water quality reports” every year. Most of these are published online and can be found easily. On my website you can find a full summary of what the EPA regulates, along with further suggestions for filtering your water and making it the most healthy for your body to consume.
The EPA keeps the quality of water within “safe” limits, but of course it’s desirable to remove as close as you can to 100% of all of the known disease-causing contaminants. There really is only one cost-effective way to make your drinking water quality perfect. That is point-of-use filtration. What that means is that wherever you are pouring your drinking water, use better filters for that “point”. Point-of-use filter systems, can effectively and inexpensively filter your drinking water.
The absolute best point-of-use filtration system should at the very least include a water ionizer. Filtered water is a good start, but for water to truly replenish the proper balance to what a body needs it should be alkaline ionized water. In a recent article I revealed how double-blind tests have shown that alkaline ionized water has health benefits beyond water that is only filtered. For more on the benefits of ionized-water, here is a good start:
I’m always focusing on the benefits of alkaline ionized water, which is rightfully so, but I should take a moment to share my knowledge about the benefits of pH balance in plants.Getting a PH Balance in Plants is Important Too!If florists or botanists knew the benefits of the pH balance in plants I think they would all [...]
I often get questions asking if freezing or boiling ionized water will change it. I have tested the effects of heating & cooling ionized water many times before. Basically when ionized water is exposed to the air it oxidizes, so it loses its antioxidant value. Boiling it causes it to oxidize rapidly. When this happens it decreases the [...]
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by Email
Get every post sent to your email address.
- Molecular Hydrogen Explained
- H2- Power Over Diabetes & Other Diseases
- Ionized Water & Pregnancy
- Structured Water: Why Our Bodies Need It
- Why You Should Not Buy a 9, 11 or 13-Plate Water Ionizer
- Athena H2 Water Ionizer Review
- X-Blue Water Ionizer Review
- Smart 7P Water Ionizer Review
- Vesta GL Water Ionizer Review
- Jupiter Athena Water Ionizer Review
- Melody Water Ionizer Review
- Venus Water Ionizer Review
- Ultra-Delphi Water Ionizer Review
- Tyent Water Ionizer Review
- Bawell Water Ionizer Review
- AirWaterLife, Real Spirit, Aqua Ionizer Deluxe Water Ionizer Review
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.