A water ionizer is a life-long investment in your health. As such, all of our water ionizers are covered with lifetime warranties. If you ever need a repair, you will need all of your original packing and plugs and you'll need to use other cautions for safe shipping.
All water ionizers follow these same basic guidelines (below) for unpacking and packing them, however the H2 Water Ionizers have their fitted foam pieces on the sides rather than on the top/bottom. Please adjust these steps with that in mind if you have an H2 Water Ionizer.
Receiving/Unpacking Your Water Ionizer
The time to start exercising caution with your new water ionizer is right away, when you are unpacking it.
1. Start by setting the box on a sturdy table and open up the top. Remove the few items located in the lid, but don't remove the foam piece (lid).
2. Turn the box carefully on it's side (with the flaps turned down - out of the way).
3. Turn the box one more time, so it's fully upside-down on the table. Then slowly remove the box by pulling it up and off.
4. Remove the fitted foam piece at the top and carefully slip the plastic about halfway down to fully expose the base of the water ionizer, where 2 fittings are.
5. Remove the plugs that are on or in the fittings. The red plugs are easy; just take them off (there will be one or two of them). The white plug is harder. You need to pull in on the ring while pulling out on the plug. (See pics.) Do this gently; Don't tug. Save these plugs. They are so important. i.e., you can never ship your water ionizer in for repair or ship it anywhere without plugging every port or the water leakage could wreck the machine.
6. Remove the large plastic bag and the final plug (black) and store everything in your product box for future. Also, remove the twist-tie (if you want) from the electric cord. Save this too.
Packing Up Your Water Ionizer
Getting ready to ship your water ionizer is mostly doing the reverse of the steps, above.
- Turn off the water ionizer.
- Unplug it.
- Shut off the water supply.
- Turn the on/off knob to the "On" position. This will relieve water pressure on the line for the next step.
- Remove the hoses and spout. Don't remove the fittings, themselves. Use the care described in #5, above, and refer to the pictures.
- Put all of the plugs into or on their proper ports. The plug should fit tight and look just the way it does in the above pictures. Contact us if you lost your plugs or have any difficulty with this step.
- Put the plastic bag over the water ionizer. (try to match the way it was on there originally)
- Roll up the power cord and use the twist-tie to secure it.
- Place the fitted foam piece onto the top of the water ionizer. There is only one right way (look at the foam to see).
- Carefully turn the water ionizer upside-down, with the foam piece now on the bottom. (You're going to do the reverse of what you did in step #3, above.)
- Place the other fitted foam piece on the base of the water ionizer (which is now facing up). Try to make sure the plastic gets tucked in under the foam piece.
- Carefully and gently lower the box down over the machine, in such a way you don't jar the foam pieces out of alignment.
- The box should come flat to the table surface. If it doesn't, take the box off and try again.
- Once the box is flush with the table, turn the box upright and close up the lid.