The 1/4 Inch Quick-Connect Dust Filter for Catching Sand & Sediment is a very handy gadget, which will trap tiny pieces of sediment before it gets into the filters of your water ionizer. It should be installed with the arrow lined up to the direction of the water flow.
The 1/4 Inch Quick-Connect Dust Filter for Catching Sand & Sediment is a life-saver for your filters and your water ionizer! Many people get unseen little pieces of iron or other sediment that can inadvertently get into your filter or water ionizer and damage it. This can happen anywhere, but it is more prevalent in older homes or communities, or if you have well-water. If you ever removed your sink's aerator and saw pieces of sediment there, that is exactly what I'm talking about. That sediment getting into your filter can cut through the fine filter membranes, making you lose some of the filter's effectiveness. Or, worse yet, it could get into your water ionizer and potentially damage it.
This piece is a very intricately-designed tool that everyone who uses filters of any sort should have.
How to Manage the 1/4 Inch Quick-Connect Dust Filter for Catching Sand & Sediment
Every so often this little gadget will catch enough sediment to where it will clog up and interfere with the water flow going into your filter system. If this happens:
- Disconnect the piece from the line.
- Then re-connect the Dust Filter to only the source line, with the arrow pointing to the water source (opposite direction to the normal flow).
- Keep the other end free.
- Point the free end toward the sink and turn on the water flow, full force.
- Continue till all built-up sediment is removed.
- Peer into the center of the filter to verify it is now empty of all trapped sediment (see picture).
- Re-connect the piece onto your water line as it was originally installed (arrow pointing in the direction of flow).