The BUDER HS-72 is a counter-top Hydrogen Water Generator (which is made with DuPont's SPE-PEM membrane). This is a very well-made hydrogen water machine which gives great levels of H2 without changing the pH of the water.
The BUDER Hydrogen Water Machine is primarily a design and creation of Victory (manufacturer) in Japan and the internal filters are made in the Buder factory in Taiwan, where the product is assembled, boxed, stored and made ready for international sales. There is no doubt to the quality that goes into this wonderful machine.
The hydrogen pumping membrane (inside the left chamber) is made by DuPont in the US.
The Buder Company is a high-integrity and quality manufacturer. Caution: There are several knock-off brands similar to the Buder HS-72, but none are the quality of this company or machine.
Do not confuse this product with the Lourdes machine, which has a similar name and look. It is an inferior quality, yet has a higher price. Also, it is not Japanese-made.
BUDER Hydrogen Water Generator With SPE/PEM Membrane
The BUDER Hydrogen Water Machine is super easy to use and very well-made. How it works is:
- Set up the BUDER Hydrogen Water Machine on a flat and stable surface.
- The HS-72 is not meant to be transported.
- Pour distilled or deionized water into the left-side (bin). This is where the machine generates hydrogen.
- Pour filtered water into the pitcher (up to the 1.8 liter line).
- Plug it in. (Note: You can leave it plugged in if you want.)
- Turn it on by pushing the button on the front of the machine. You have the following choices:
- One push = 10 minutes. This is usually all one would need.
- Two pushes = 20 minutes.
- Three pushes = 30 minutes.
- Turn Off: If you want to interrupt any cycle, simply push/hold the power button until the screen goes dark. Otherwise, the machine automatically turns off after it completes any cycle.
- Then it pumps the pure hydrogen gas from the chamber on the left into the pitcher. You can see the gas bubbles coming up from the bottom of the pitcher.
- The water is now ready to drink. Lift the pitcher straight up and then out. Don't tilt it while pulling it out, or you could damage the pins the pitcher sits on.
- The disk that floats on top of the water will keep the H2 in the water from evaporating. This is a great invention, saving you from having to re-do the process if you don't drink it right away. I've tested it 4 hours later and been very happy to see very little drop in H2 over that fairly long time-period of just sitting there.
Do You Prefer Cold Hydrogen Water?
For those who like their water cold, you could store filtered water in the refrigerator (or use your refrigerator filtered water), and fill the pitcher with that.
There is a small white sponge filter that sits under the pitcher. The purpose of the sponge is to bring the hydrogen filled water from the left side of the machine over to just under, but touching, the bottom of the pitcher. Hydrogen gas pumps up through the sponge filter and then through a set of 2 grids (separated by an air-space) at the bottom of the pitcher.
The BUDER Hydrogen Water Generator comes with one extra white sponge filter. The sponges can be cleaned and reused indefinitely.
Proper Care of the BUDER HS-72 Hydrogen Water Generator:
The BUDER Hydrogen Water Machine should last you many years, provided you care for it properly. Make sure to:
- Don't forget to do the 15-min cleaning cycle (described above) every week or two;
- Change the tank-water with new, fresh distilled water every 3 months. To do this, drain out the existing water by unplugging the drain at the bottom of the main chamber until the tank is empty. DO NOT TURN THE MACHINE OVER TO EMPTY THE TANK. Refill with fresh distilled water.
- Change the tank's internal filter every 9 months;
- Only use distilled or deionized water in the tank (left side of the machine). This is the hydrogen pumping chamber and must stay free of minerals;
- Do not attempt to repair the machine yourself; The machine is probably going to last 10 or more years if you use care with it and follow these instructions.
- Only use water in the pitcher (right side). No other liquids will do;
- Keep the white sponge-filter clean and in its proper place. Purchase a new sponge-filter if the two filters that come with the machine get damaged or lost. DON'T USE ANY OTHER KIND OF SPONGE-FILTER. Don't forget, you can wash these too. I put mine in the top rack of the dish washer about every year.
BUDER Hydrogen Water Machine Demos:
- Type: Batch Hydrogen Water Maker / Hydrogen Water Generator [*Batch simply means you pour the water into the machine; it is not connected up to your plumbing.]
- This is not a typical water ionizer. It does not split the water into streams, microcluster the water or change the pH of the water.
- Design: Latest Japanese-made model for 2022. There is no newer HS-72 Japanese-Made Hydrogen Machine than this.
- Use: Counter top
- Power: 24 w and 110/220 v
- Place of Origin: Japan/Taiwan [Japan manufactures the machine and the filter is made in Taiwan.]
- Plate Composition: Titanium Coated with Platinum
- Manufacturer: Victory Japan
- Brand Name: Buder
- Model Number: HS-72
- Weight: 4 lbs.
- Pitcher Capacity: 1.8L (60 oz)
- Dimensions: Width 13” Depth 6.3’ Height 11”
Comes with a LIFETIME labor warranty and 1-year parts-warranty. [Note: After one year, parts will be available at cost. Must have proof of purchase from AWP.]
Already Have a Water Ionizer? Why Not Buy the BUDER Machine Too?
I use my BUDER machine all the time, even though I have the best water ionizers available to me. Why?
- The BUDER Hydrogen Machine pumps a good deal more hydrogen into the water without raising the pH.
- I like to give my body a variety of pH, but like to have all my water contain H2.
HS72 From Buder Company and Victory in Japan
Note: BUDER is the only Hydrogen Machine of its kind in which all parts are made in Japan. Watch out for copycat "Lourdes machines" companies coming from China or Korea. Copycat products look similar, but the companies are not connected with each other.
Buder originally used the name "Lourdes", but because of the many copycats using the same name they switched to using their own (well thought of) name, "Buder".
This is a picture of the BUDER Machine I use at home. As you can see the "Lourdes" name was printed on it back when I bought it about 7 or so years ago. Now the Buder name is on these machines. The Buder company has always been the assembly company for this machine, and this hasn't changed in any way. You are assured a higher level of quality for all parts when you go with the Buder machine (i.e., stay away from the copycats).
Q & A
Does the Buder HS72 machine has dual Chamber Technology (DCT)?
Yes. The upper and lower electrodes are completely separated.
Does the exhaust vent to expel ozone and chlorine gases?
Yes. The ozone and chlorine gases are released to the outside of the machine naturally.
What materials are the base and pitcher?
The base is ABS and the Pitcher is Tritan.