- Ionizer Pitchers & Portable Filters
Ionizer Pitchers & Portable Filters
Not sure if a water ionizer is right for you? Alkaline Water Plus offers a 60-day trial period on most of our electric water ionizers.
No Risk, Hassle-Free Returns. Order your water ionizer today.
Not all of the Products on this Page Alkalize or Ionize Water
Some of the products on this page are simply portable filters, wth other important functions other than ionizing or alkalizing water. Others are portable ionizers (alkaline water filters or machines). The product titles and descriptions will tell you which is which.
Non-Electric Portable Water Ionizers are Mineral Based Ionic Alkaline Water Filtering Systems
Non-electric water ionizers, or ionic mineral filtering systems, work on the principle, developed by Dr. Hayashi in Japan, where adding magnesium to water in the presence of magnetized ceramics will spontaneously ionize the water lightly. I call these types of systems mineral-based ionizing filters. I do sell a few, by the way, and the one most people like best is the Alkaline Plus PH Ionizing Pitcher. The pH pitcher, with which if you follow my instructions found on the page you can control the water to be exactly what you want in a very economical way. It is gravity-fed filter which empties with every use. This is healthier to use than systems which hold water in them [over-absorbing the minerals in the filter while waiting for the next use].
The Best Portable Water Ionizers
Recently several brands of portable water ionizers [ionizing pitchers] have hit the market and I've tested/compared them extensively. The water ionizer pitcher that I've found to be the best one, is the Alkaline Plus PH Ionizer Pitcher. You can see a brief comparison of the pitcher's pH [ability to raise the alkalinity of water to healthiest alkaline levels] and ORP [abundance of antioxidants] in this video:
What is the best water to drink? Many people these days are drinking bottled water in attempts to get the best water. I've done a lot of researching, comparing and testing of drinking water, and have found that ionized water [particularly from one of my high quality water ionizers] is by far better than any other type or brand of water. If you're just getting started into drinking ionized water, an excellent way to start is with a portable water ionizing pitcher. If you'd like to get more in-depth into your research about portable alkaline water ionizers, see several of my portable water ionizer comparison videos down further on this page and also visit my blog.
Alkaline Water Plus offers the best selection of portable water ionizers. Visit each portable water ionizer page for a full explanation of what you can expect from that portable ionizer.
The Alkaline Plus PH Ionizer Pitcher transformed the tap water to be filtered, micro-clustered, alkalizing and full of anti-oxidants!
Here’s the videos, charts and some follow-up conclusions.
Bottled Water vs Tap Water and Ionized Water Health Benefits and Cost Analysis Chart
See all of my bottled water information on this page: Analyzing & Comparing Brands of Bottled Water
|PH||ORP||Cost/Gal||Cost per Year at 1 Gal/day|
|Tap Water [St. Louis]||9.4||+227||0||$0|
|Alkaline Plus PH Ionizer Pitcher||10.6||-250||$0.25||$130.00 for pitcher & 6 filters.|
|Athena Water Ionizer||11.1||-816||$0.35||$400.00 per year for 10 years
Unlimited Gallons… then virtually free
|Nexus X-Blue Water Ionizer||10.6||-650||$0.17||$200 per year for 10 years Unlimited Gallons…
then virtually free.
Here is some testing I did with a couple of other popular brands of portable water ionizers:
Comparing Electric Water Ionizers with Portable Water Ionizers & Ionic Mineral-Based Alkaline Water Filter Systems
Electric Water Ionizers are better in that they will ionize calcium, potassium and other healthy minerals in the water that won't get ionized with any of the ionic mineral-based water filter systems, which only ionize magnesium. Many people will choose a mineral-based water ionizing filter-system, because it's less expensive than an electric water ionizer. It's true that an electric water ionizer has platinum coating on every plate, and very intricate electronics are used, so it can't be helped that they are expensive, but over a long period of time, such as 10 years, the expense is very little compared to bottled water. You can see a chart on every product page for the water ionizers I sell, which shows you the expense breakdown over a 10-year period. I like both types of water ionizer systems, but prefer the electric water ionizers for a few reasons:
- The electric water ionizers ionize more alkaline minerals than just magnesium.
- The electric water ionizers will give a continuous-flow of ionized water and it tends to be more consistent rather than varied in results.
- The electric water ionizer can give an unlimited supply of ionized water when used in a residential setting.
- The amount of anti-oxidants in ionized water produced by an electric water ionizer is much more than what one can get with an Ionic Mineral-Based Alkaline Water Filter System.
How do Mineral Based Ionizing Filters Differ From Electric Water Ionizers?
- If the water sits too long in the filter between uses, the first water gotten from it is often too strong. This wouldn't happen with a gravity-fed system which empties completely with each use, like the pitcher, but would with a pressurized system directly connected to the water source that has no way of draining completely after every use.
- Some systems use ion-exchange resin, which also gets into the water if it sits too long in it. I'm not a fan of ion-exchange resin. The manufacturers of such systems suggest that you discard the first several cups of water poured. In cases of larger systems this would equate to discarding maybe several quarts [depending on size]
- On the other end of the spectrum, these filtering-systems tend to run out of ability to ionize fairly quickly and need to be regenerated. What happens is that there is time-release magnesium in the filter that has an outer-layer that softens up between uses. When a customer comes to use the device it has readily-available magnesium [necessary to spontaneously ionize the water]. When the outer, softened layer gets used up, then the next layer in will need to be softened for more use. This takes about 1/2 to one hour for best results.
The Hydrogen Stick is one kind of mineral-based water ionizing device. There are several problems with Hydrogen Sticks (all of them) which make me think they are fairly worthless for human use.
- They don't filter the water at all. They only sit in a container and slowly release light ionization over the course of hours or days.
- This may be fine for animals, where you have a water bowl sitting on the floor and the pet only comes over for a few licks here and there.
- The Hydrogen Sticks all require constant shaking if you want the ionization to spread throughout the water faster (meaning hours rather than days).
- Some H-Sticks actually are made of aluminum or stainless. They contain the minerals and magnetized ceramics inside. I don't like this, because of posisible metal-leaching - although I'm not sure about that. (I would want to do tests to validate the safety of it)
- Read my blog post about Hydrogen Sticks to learn more.