The Trustlex Molecular Hydrogen H2 Meter (dissolved hydrogen tester) is better than any other method that I have found, of measuring dissolved Hydrogen (molecular hydrogen) in water.
The electrode of the ENH-1000 Trustlex H2 Meter was developed originally for detecting dissolved hydrogen during laboratory/medical research of patients consuming molecular hydrogen enriched (ionized) water. Trustlex is a Japanese company and produces their equipment in a factory in Taiwan. The Trustlex machine is medical testing equipment. It should last many, many years, with the proper care and use.
- Measures the concentration of molecular hydrogen (dissolved hydrogen antioxidants), either as parts per billion or parts per million.
- Accuracy: +/- 10%
- Uses 4 AAA batteries (installed). Consumes very little electricity.
- Automatically turns off after 10 minutes.
- The sensor tip part might need to be periodically cleaned to maintain accurate measurements.
- This is a special sensor for detecting dissolved hydrogen in water. It consists of two sensors which work together to accurately calculate the dissolved hydrogen content of the water.
- This is not just an ORP meter. An ORP meter has only one sensor and so cannot differentiate types of hydrogen content.
- This meter is mentioned by name by researchers in several articles on molecular hydrogen research (see links below).
- Do not use in hot liquids, juice or tea.
- Dimension of box: 9.4 x 8.3 x 2.2 inches
To use this electrode with alkaline ionized water you need to keep the platinum tip oxidized (exposed to the air) in between uses. You may need to do light sanding/polishing of the electrode from time to time in order to maintain accuracy. Even when you first get the product it requires a little sanding/polishing for greatest accuracy.
The reason Alkaline Water Plus stands behind the Trustlex Molecular Hydrogen H2 Meter (and only the Trustlex) hydrogen meter is "TRUST". I'm sure that seems corny, but that is just a fact. The Trustlex meter is not a glorified ORP meter. It is very different. It has two sensors, and the flat one senses the water quality so as to give a high level of accuracy to the molecular hydrogen readings. Those who sell drops may have you believe that their product is more accurate. Actually that is not so. I have tested every type of machine (hydrogen gas, hydrogen water and water ionizers) all against each other and with both drops and the Trustlex. With drops on many occasions one test would vary in results from another test with the same machine, level, flow-rate...to where I became suspicious of the drops. Then I closely observed the drop size to vary. I also observed the amount of time after opening the bottle for the drops had an effect on the results. With the Trustlex, though, it is extremely consistent. We used to sell the drops, so it's not like I don't want the drops to work at all. I also checked out the many research studies, showing molecular hydrogen's medical benefits, and the only form of testing done to determine levels of molecular hydrogen being produced, prior to giving it to patients, was the Trustlex (or at least that's the only one mentioned in all of the research reports.
- We have tried every type of meter, we've tried various drops, but none have been consistent in their ability to measure -- except the Trustlex.
- We also haven't seen ANY testing equipment (meters or drops) mentioned in scientific literature (peer-reviewed medical research articles) except the Trustlex. Here is a list of just some of the articles that mention this meter.
How to Care for the Trustlex
The Trustlex machine comes with "soaking solution". Do not open it till later. You don't need it yet. Just use the 5 steps, above, and you'll be ready to go. Note: Once the seal on the soaking solution has been broken, this product cannot be returned.
You will not need to "soak" the probe right away. It will most likely be months before you will need to soak the probe in this solution. There is a tiny amount of solution in the protective cap that is over the probe. This is just there to keep the meter sensors from drying out. Use care to remove that cap before you test. The probe must be emerced in whatever solution you are testing. If you don't remove the cap your results will be "zero".
All Trustlex meters are tested before they are shipped. We know them to work. There may be a learning curve, though, as with all new equipment, so be sure to check with us if you feel your meter isn't functioning the way it should.