- Hydrogen Water Fights Diseases
Hydrogen Water Fights Diseases
What is Hydrogen Water?
Hydrogen water is not the same as regular H20 (water). It looks and tastes the same, but it's better. Hydrogen water is healthier for our bodies because it contains hydrogen antioxidants. Hydrogen water is normal water which has hydrogen gas (H2), also referred to as hydrogen antioxidants, added to it. (Note: The highest concentration of hydrogen gas possible to be added to water, is about 1.5 to 1.6 parts per million. Unless you're in a hyperbaric chamber you can't do better than this.)
The rest of this page is devoted to the healing benefits of hydrogen antioxidants.
Hydrogen Water Fights Diseases
Hydrogen water is the most powerful, healthy thing you can drink. Hydrogen antioxidants ("molecular hydrogen" or also called "diatomic hydrogen") are simply 2 hydrogens bonded together as a very small molecule. Hydrogen antioxidants are now known to be the most powerful and safe antioxidants in the world. Ordinary water doesn't contain hydrogen antioxidants. In order to obtain hydrogen antioxidants, one has to have them pumped into water with a water ionizer, a hydrogen machine or an ionizing filter.
Here is only a partial list of diseases hydrogen antioxidants (molecular hydrogen) have been shown to help.
- Alexander disease
- Alzheimer's disease and other dementias
- Athlete's foot
- Atopic dermetitis
- Autoimune disorders
- Bed sores
- Bone Loss
- Cardio renal symptoms
- Cerebral hemorrhage
- Chemo: It is also known to relieve the oxidative stress that causes negative side effects with chemo-therapy and helps to maintain normal ATP levels.
- Chrones disease
- Chronic fatigue syndrome
- Collagen disease
- Colon diseases
- Cystic fibrosis
- Diabetes mellitus
- Diabetic necrosis
- Frontotemporal lobar degeneration
- Heart attacks
- Heart disease or coronary artery disease,
- HGC disorders
- High blood pressure
- Huntington's disease
- Hypersensitive disorders
- Inflammatory disorders
- Ischemic brain injuries
- Kawasaki's disease
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Metabolic syndrome
- Muscle fatigue of athletes
- Myocardial infarction
- Neurological disorders
- Parkinson's Disease
- Pre-eclamptic toxemia
- Prion disease
- Radiation damage
- Respiratory infections
- Sickle cell disease
- Sperm concentration disorders
- Sperm motility disorders
- Testicular oxidative stress
- Traumatic brain injury
- Ulcerative colitis
The molecular hydrogen antioxidants in hydrogen water have been seen to positively influence, ameliorate, or even reverse over 150 diseases to date. Please note that we are not making medical claims by reporting this data. The data on this page represents the latest research into the important topic of hydrogen as it relates to one's health. In addition to this data, for those who want to read more, I have posted many links to scientific research articles on the lower half of this page.
Benefits of Molecular Hydrogen (One-Hour Video) With Dr. Mercola and Tyler LeBaron
Therapeutic Hydrogen is such a new subject, is so unique, and has such wide implications in treating and preventing disease, it deserves spending some time studying it to catch up on this important science. The is a one-hour video, with Dr. Mercola and Tyler LeBaron and explains what hydrogen gas is and exactly how important molecular hydrogen (diatomic hydrogen/hydrogen gas) is to the future health of people, animals and plants. It has no side effects; is completely safe to consume in any amounts; and over a thousands articles have been written so far showing its therapeutic value in both preventing and eradicating diseases. For anyone who gets lost in the scientific terminology, I have these key points from the video bulleted for you:
- Defining Molecular Hydrogen: First, when we talk about molecular hydrogen, it's just diatomic hydrogen, H2 gas... which is the smallest molecule in the universe. Smaller than oxygen…by loads. It's just hydrogen gas. It's three times more energy-dense than gasoline. That's why it's being looked at as an alternative energy source or fuel. It's what powers the sun and fusion in producing helium. This is the hydrogen we're talking about and we're seeing it can also be therapeutic, effective, whether you inhale it, dissolve it in water and drink it, or other methods of its application.
- Why Tyler Got Involved in Molecular Hydrogen and Made it His Career: I came across an article published in Nature Medicine. This was significant because Nature Medicine is one of the more reputable or prestigious scientific journals. This article showed that hydrogen was effective at preventing the brain damage from ischemia reperfusion [Ischemia = inadequate blood supply][reperfusion = the act of restoring adequate blood supply to an organ or organs] induced by a middle cerebral [brain] artery occlusion in a nano model, so it cut the blood supply to the brain and that caused brain damage, but inhalation of only 2% hydrogen gas … was effective at suppressing the brain damage and had great effects in the model.
- How Molecular Hydrogen Helps to Heal & Prevent Diseases:
- Essentially it lowers oxidative stress. Oxidative stress and inflamation are two of the most fundamental mechanisms for destroying human health. That's why this is so exciting...molecular hydrogen is probably the best antioxidant out there, for a variety of reasons. This is not hyperbole.
- Inflammation & oxidative stress are the underlying causes to virtually every disease. So far, the research is still in its infancy.
- There are over 1,000 publications on molecular hydrogen and they're suggesting that hydrogen has a therapeutic potential in over 170 different human and animal diseases.
- Hydrogen is shown to be effective in essentially every organ of the human body… because it really helps to mitigate the area of oxidative stress and inflammation.
- When you look at the other free radicals, nitric oxide, that's a very important free radical with basal dilation…we don't want to neutralize that. We have superoxide radicals. We have other oxidants like hydrogen peroxide, these are all very important. Of course, too much is bad, but having them in the right concentrations, the right locations, is very good for you. We don't want to just neutralize all of those, whereas, like hydroxyl radicals, … we don't want any of them, or perioxynitrite oxidants, we don't want any of that.
- That Nature Medicine publication in 2007 specifically showed that hydrogen could act, notice that word, could act as a therapeutic antioxidant by selectively reducing the cytotoxic oxygen radicals, specifically the hydroxyl radical and to a lesser extent perioxynitrite, without decreasing the other oxidants like hydrogen peroxide or superoxide. In that sense it is selective.
- Most other antioxidants, they're not selective. They're just, "Hey, have an electron? Take it," and now it's going to neutralize that. That can be problematic. I think potentially when we look at some of the clinical trials on antioxidant supplementation … They took high levels of them and they had to stop the clinical studies, because the people taking the antioxidants were dying, getting cancer, lung cancer or prostate cancer, or cardiovascular disease faster than those on placebo. You see the same thing with sports athletes, that athletes taking antioxidants, high levels chronically, they negate the benefits of exercise training, but potentially because the antioxidants are neutralizing these beneficial signaling molecules that our body needs.
- Hydrogen is selective in that it's only going to decrease or reduce those toxic radicals like the hydroxyl radical…Hydrogen helps to bring everything back to homeostasis…we see in cell studies, in animal studies, in plant studies, in human studies, and all of these studies, hydrogen does indeed exert an antioxidant-like effect. …It's not done through this conventional radical scavenging activity. It does it through acting like an antioxidant, and does so selectively.
- Maybe it's helping to prevent some of the free radicals from being produced. For example, in one animal study, they took these mice and they chronically restrained them in a container so that it would induce a cognitive impairment, Alzheimer's basically. They did a genetic knockout …so they would suffer from oxidative stress, and they found that the drinking of hydrogen-enriched water was very effective at preventing the development of actually atherosclerosis
- Hydrogen is very mild... and you see this if you look at the studies. This is why hydrogen is so difficult to study, is because if you administer molecular hydrogen to a cell or an animal, a lot of times you don't see any changes. If everything is already perfect, everything is already in homeostasis, you don't see changes.
- For hydrogen, often you have to administer some sort of a toxin or an assault of some sort, and you look to see how hydrogen mitigated or rescued or attenuated those effects from that toxin-induced problem.
- Who Can Consume Molecular Hydrogen? Anybody can have it, pregnant, the child, everybody. Hydrogen gas itself is very safe. They have used it in deep sea diving to prevent decompression sickness since the 1940s. Their human studies on showing the safety of hydrogen gas are very powerful, showing at millions of time power concentrations. I mean, 10 atmospheres of pressure and higher of hydrogen gas, 98% hydrogen gas, very high levels with no chronic toxic effects. It does appear to be very safe.
- How Can You Consume Molecular Hydrogen? There are many ways to administer hydrogen and that's what I love about it. We talked about the inhalation of hydrogen gas. There are inhalation machines that you can buy. … Bathing in hydrogen water is a great way to do it. Then of course, there's simply just drinking hydrogen-rich water.
- You can't have hydrogen water stored in say, plastic containers, because hydrogen is the smallest molecule. It will dissipate right out of the container.
- More Important Information About Molecular Hydrogen & Its Research:
- One of the reasons why it's so therapeutically beneficial, because it permeates every membrane in your body. There is not a space that it cannot get into, whether it's your cell membrane, the blood-brain barrier, the mitochondrial membrane, it goes there. Just nothing stops it.
- Most compounds have hydrogen in them. Hydrogen gas, like we mentioned earlier, was just two hydrogen atoms that are bound together, and that's hydrogen gas. You can take this gas and bubble it, dissolve it into water. It doesn't attach to the water molecules. It doesn't make H4O or H3O or any other …It's just hydrogen gas dissolved in water.
- In terms of half-life, for example, if you were to drink hydrogen-rich water, depending on the dose that you take in, you're going to reach a peak blood level and breath exhalation, because hydrogen when you consume it, it goes into the stomach and absorbs into the blood. Then it gets pumped to the heart and to the lungs, and you exhale a lot of the hydrogen gas out. You see that peak anywhere between five to 15 minutes. Then that peak goes back to baseline, because you have base loads of hydrogen. It goes back to baseline in about an hour or so. That's the half-life of hydrogen. That's also where we know hydrogen is much more in terms of, it's more of a signal modulator, because you can drink the hydrogen water, and it's gone out of the system within an hour, but yet it has residual, therapeutic, protective effects that last for hours, days, and even weeks.
- One of the studies in rheumatoid arthritis, a double blinded, randomized study, small, but they found that drinking hydrogen-rich water was very effective for the disease. Now they're doing a very large study of 170-something patients that they're getting ready to do, but it was very effective. In this study they found that hydrogen, it actually with those with early, early onset rheumatoid arthritis, they had a remission of the disease. …During the washout period, no one was taking hydrogen during this time, and they continued to monitor. They actually continued to see improvements in the disease for an additional four weeks. …you're actually targeting the actual mechanism of the cause, the foundational cause. … This is why I'm very excited to see the clinical studies.
- The reason why hydrogen is so good is because it's a weak antioxidant. It's a humble molecule. It's very mild and it's able to go in and slowly do things. When you talk about doing a lot of things, you make ... "By these small and simple things are great things brought to pass," right, and that's how hydrogen works.
- There's so much more we have to do. We don't have hundreds of years of clinical studies that are just long term. We have preliminary data. We have some pretty neat human studies. We need more, so we're not saying this is a cure-all, this is the end. We need more studies. We still have not proven the actual mechanisms. It's being worked on.
Molecular Hydrogen Research in Medicine
Molecular Hydrogen is truly the King of Antioxidants. The health benefits of this tiny molecule are just touching the surface of public awareness right now. The ground-breaking study that Tyler was referring to as the reason he took this up as his life's work, was done by Dr. Ohta of Japan. Molecular Hydrogen research has been going on for about 30 years, but really took off about 10 years ago with Dr. Ohta's scientific article about molecular hydrogen. Here is a video where Dr. Ohta of Japan is being interviewed by Tyler Lebaron of the Molecular Hydrogen Institute about his dozen years of research into the medical uses of molecular hydrogen and its safety.
Notes From the Interview: Molecular hydrogen, also known as hydrogen gas, H2 or H2-, can be consumed most conveniently when dissolved in water, but one is also able to inhale it with a cannula.
- Molecular Hydrogen can penetrate the cell membrane barrier; blood-brain-barrier and placenta barrier; get right into the cell (where mutations occur) and heal the cell damage that is caused by oxidative stress. NO other antioxidant is capable of doing this.
- It appears that molecular hydrogen protects the mitochondria and that is one theory as to why it positively affects so many organs and diseases. Mitochondria is where cell-mutation is known to initiate, and the cause is theorized as oxidation.
- Molecular hydrogen has no known disadvantages to health or warnings. Where is is not needed, it does nothing. Where it is needed it is seen to have a powerful and significant beneficial influence.
Molecular Hydrogen's Ability to Scavenge Free Radicals
Molecular Hydrogen is now known by prominent researchers world wide for its ability to truly penetrate through cell membranes (even the blood-brain barrier) and scavenge free radicals.
Hydrogen is not like any other antioxidant, due to its tiny size and its lipid solubility. Hydrogen (unlike all other antioxidants) can get into every living part of the body. All other antioxidants are incapable of this feat. Another thing that makes it different from all other free-radical scavengers is that it simply evaporates or turns into water when it's "used up", so it creates no danger of becoming a free-radical itself as other antioxidants do.
Hydrogen at the Root of Life
School children know that the combination of H2 and Oxygen makes water, which is at the source of all life. Oxygen also brings life, but unfortunately complications arise when there is too much oxidation within the body and there is not enough balance of hydrogen. This condition is called Oxidative Stress is thought to be at the root of almost all disease. Oxygen can actually become a dangerous free radical within the body when it has lost its electron balance. When it's in this state it's called Active Oxygen. While Active Oxygen is capable of causing a terrific amount of damage to cells, tiny little molecular hydrogen can calm it down completely; neutralize it; turn it into harmless water or gas and safely escort it out of the body. This is done with no harmful waste or byproducts produced.
Recent research has shown (see links to articles at the bottom of this page) that hydrogen is the only antioxidant that can completely neutralize active oxygen and render it utterly harmless. At the same time molecular hydrogen doesn't attack good radicals in the body. It will never act as a poison to the body, and any excess of it will simply evaporate harmlessly and combine with oxygen in the air to hydrate or moisturize it.
Other types of antioxidants have been found to become free-radicals, themselves, once they have donated their electron to neutralize another molecule. This doesn't happen with molecular hydrogen. As a matter of fact molecular hydrogen is able to refresh the antioxidant abilities of various other antioxidants to keep them from becoming free-radicals. After much testing and scrutinizing no negative effects whatsoever have been found to be caused by molecular hydrogen.
Molecular Hydrogen Machines & Filters
You can consume molecular hydrogen safely in a variety of ways. One of my favorite ways is with a high-end water ionizer [Note: It's important which water ionizer you choose. Some water ionizers are consistent in their ability to produce molecular hydrogen for the life of the machine (to do this the machine must use "continuous cleaning" of the plates). To find these water ionizers that continuously clean the plates go to the Water Ionizer Comparisons page and look for the 13th column (Cleaning Type & Quality). Some of the most expensive water ionizers do not have "continuous-cleaning", they all have some sort of cleaning, but it isn't continuous, so watch for that. Without continuous-cleaning you can expect that water ionizer to lose its ability to produce molecular hydrogen over time.
Hydrogen machines and ionizing water filters are also wonderful ways to consume molecular hydrogen. A fourth way to very efficiently consume molecular hydrogen in great quantity is by using a Hydrogen Gas Inhaler. I personally use a combination of all of these types of molecular hydrogen producing devices.
How Much Molecular Hydrogen Do We Want In Water and How is it Measured?
Scientists studying molecular hydrogen's positive effects on health suggest that a range of .5 ppm (parts per million) to 1.6 ppm are desirable. Most medical studies have used these levels. In scientific literature, the concentration of 1.6 ppm is considered the concentration of "complete saturation", because it is the concentration that would exist if only hydrogen gas were present in that glass, at the pressure of sea-level.
There are 2 main ways to test hydrogen concentration levels in water: 1) is with a Trustlex Hydrogen meter, 2) is with methylene blue drops dissolved in ethyl alcohol with colloidal platinum. The problem with the drops is that their accuracy is not consistent. This may be due to the fact it's impossible to ensure perfect concentrations are in the bottle, unless you made the solution fresh that day. Or, it could have to do with the fact that the dropper does not give out the same sized drops each time. So, I do sometimes use the drops, but my favorite way to test for molecular hydrogen is with the Trustlex.
Does Hydrogen Gas Actually Dissolve Into the Water?
Yes. When you test the water for hydrogen levels, you are measuring exactly that: how much hydrogen gas is dissolved into the water. If you lower the temperature or increase the air pressure, this can effect the amount of hydrogen that can be initially dissolved into the water. But after initially dissolving in water, the hydrogen will start to dissipate out of solution at about the rate of half of the concentration every 2 hours (called a half-life of 2 hours). You can extend the half-life by using a better container for storage, such as my vacuum sealed stainless bottles. The best practices are: 1) drink molecular hydrogen enriched water fairly quickly after making it, 2) store it in the right container, especially if you aren't going to drink it right away, and 3) drink lots of it all day long.
That very same hydrogen gas half-life, mentioned in the last paragraph, applies to the amount of time you can expect molecular hydrogen to remain in your body. But recent research indicates it will continue working for you (to fight free-radicals - preventing disease and to reverse free-radical damage -- alieviating disease) for longer than that (see the notes from the Mercola-LeBaron interview, above). This data and much more can be found by reading the articles in the following section.
The Following are Scientific Articles: Molecular Hydrogen Research Articles from US National Library of Medicine National Instutes of Health Website
This is a general review of Molecular Hydrogen research in the areas of: post-cardiac syndrome, Parkinson's disease, metabolic syndrome, rheumatoid arthritis, cerebral ischemia and hemodylisis. It covers the biological benefits of Molecular Hydrogen as well as clinical applications. They state, "Overall, the impact of molecular hydrogen in medicine is extraordinary. The non-toxic and rapid intracelluar diffusion ..."
- Physiological effects of alkaline ionized water: Effects on metabolites produced by intestinal fermentation
Japanese study found that long-term ingestion of alkaline ionized water (AIW) reduces caecal fermentation in rats that were given highly fermentable commercial diet.
Healthy patients had a higher intestinal pH than patients with irritable bowel syndrome.
- Potential benefits of pH 8.8 alkaline drinking water as an adjunct in the treatment of reflux disease.
Researchers conclude that alkaline pH water (8.8) "has good acid-buffering capacity. Thus, the consumption of alkaline water may have therapeutic benefits for patients with reflux disease."
Researchers have shown that Molecular Hydrogen reduces oxidative stress in Rheumatoid Arthritis patients. It helps to control systemic inflammation and benefits the state of health generally.
- Hydrogen-rich water decreases serum LDL-cholesterol levels and improves HDL function in patients with potential metabolic syndrome
Researchers discovered: "administration of H2 water seems to decrease serum TC and LDL-C levels and improve HDL functions in patients with potential metabolic syndrome."
Researchers discuss the relation of oxidative stress to mental disorders and clinical uses for Molecular Hydrogen in treating bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and other mental disorders.
Researchers state that Molecular Hydrogen is effective for: diabetes mellitus type II, metabolic syndrome, hemodialysis, inflammatory and mitochondrial myopathies, brain stem infarction and radiation-induced liver tumors. They also point out no adverse effects were documented in the human diseases they have researched.
Researchers discuss how oxidative stress is a major cause of most lifestyle-related diseases, including cancer and aging. They explain the scavenging effect of Molecular Hydrogen as its many advantages over other anti-oxidants.
"Statistical analysis revealed that alkaline water provides higher longevity in terms of “deceleration aging factor” as it increases the survival functions when compared with control group."
Review of research, finding "Hydrogen is extremely unique since it has the capability to act at the cellular level." and "hydrogen exerts antioxidant, anti-apoptotic, anti-inflammatory, and cytoprotective properties that are beneficial to the cell. "
Explains how "Oxidative stress and neuroinflammation cause many neurological disorders." And, they discuss how H2, molecular hydrogen, by targeting and eliminating Oxygen radicals, can potentially relieve this condition.
Researchers state, "Persistent oxidative stress is one of the major causes of most lifestyle-related diseases, cancer and the aging process," and cite several clinical trials.
This is a review, summarizing the research findings regarding using molecular hydrogen in the field of sports medicine. They say, "In the past 2 decades, molecular hydrogen emerged as a novel therapeutic agent, with antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-apoptotic effects demonstrated in plethora of animal disease models and human studies."
This was an animal study using molecular hydrogen in gas to test the anti-inflammatory effects of molecular hydrogen. They said, "the treatment had significant protective effects toward the liver."
This research used mdx mice to test the effects of hydrogen water on muscular dystrophy. They found that it prevented abnormal body mass gain, improved running ability, and decreased the number of central nuclei of muscle fibers.
Researchers found "Inhalation of molecular hydrogen (H2) gas ameliorates oxidative stress-induced acute injuries in the brain." They determined the beneficial effects of molecular hydrogen inhalation by studying neuroblastoma (a certain type of cancer) cells of infected rats' after death.
Research showed benefits in ameliorating cardio-renal injury after drinking hydrogen water for 6 weeks of the induced injury.
Researchers found "Hydrogen gas (H2) exerts a therapeutic antioxidative effect by selectively reducing ROS (reactive oxygen species)."
Researchers tested the benefits of drinking hydrogen water to type 2 diabetes. They found, "Drinking H(2)-water reduced hepatic oxidative stress, and significantly alleviated fatty liver in db/db mice as well as high fat-diet-induced fatty liver in wild-type mice. Long-term drinking H(2)-water significantly controlled fat and body weights, despite no increase in consumption of diet and water. Moreover, drinking H(2)-water decreased levels of plasma glucose, insulin, and triglyceride, the effect of which on hyperglycemia was similar to diet restriction. "
Researchers show how H2 inhalation is beneficial (with or without commencing other treatments) after a patient has received cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). They say, "it significantly improves brain and cardiac function in a rat model of cardiac arrest (CA)"
- Molecular Hydrogen in Drinking Water Protects against Neurodegenerative Changes Induced by Traumatic Brain Injury
Traumatic brain injury is a risk factor for Alheimer's and Parkinson's diseases. These researchers examined the ability of molecular hydrogen water to benefit the condition. They found: "These results show that molecular hydrogen given in drinking water reverses many of the sequelae of CCI and suggests that it could be an easily administered, highly effective treatment for TBI."
- Effects of drinking hydrogen-rich water on the quality of life of patients treated with radiotherapy for liver tumors.
Research shows that "QOL (quality of life) scores during radiotherapy were significantly improved in patients treated with hydrogen-rich water compared to patients receiving placebo water."
- Effect of Hydrogen‐Rich Water on Oxidative Stress, Liver Function, and Viral Load in Patients with Chronic Hepatitis B
After treatment, the oxidative stress remained unchanged in routine treatment group, but markedly improved in hydrogen treatment group.
- Hydrogen(H2) treatment for acute erythymatous skin diseases. A report of 4 patients with safety data and a non-controlled feasibility study with H2 concentration measurement on two volunteers.
Researchers concluded: "An improvement in acute erythemtous skin diseases followed the administration of H2 enriched fluid without compromising the safety."
- Hydrogen-rich electrolyzed warm water represses wrinkle formation against UVA ray together with type-I collagen production and oxidative-stress diminishment in fibroblasts and cell-injury prevention in keratinocytes.
Researchers concluded that hydrogen water can serve as a daily skin care (preventative to UVA-induced skin damage from reactive oxygen free radicals), and it promotes type-1 collagen synthesis in dermis.
- Hydrogen water intake via tube-feeding for patients with pressure ulcer and its reconstructive effects on normal human skin cells in vitro.
Researchers concluded that hydrogen water helps to reduce wound sizes in elderly patients and promote natural healing.
- Preventive Effect of Hydrogen Water on the Development of Detrusor Overactivity in a Rat Model of Bladder Outlet Obstruction.
Researchers concluded, "H2 water could ameliorate bladder dysfunction."
- Treatment with hydrogen molecule attenuates cardiac dysfunction in streptozotocin-induced diabetic mice.
Researchers suggest that molecular hydrogen could be used as a natural countermeasure for diabetic cardiomyopathy.
- Protection of the retina by rapid diffusion of hydrogen: administration of hydrogen-loaded eye drops in retinal ischemia-reperfusion injury.
Researchers conclude that using hydrogen (H2) loaded eye drops has no toxic effects on the human body, and "is highly useful as a neuroprotective and antioxidative therapeutic treatment for acute retinal I/R injury."
- Hydrogen and N-acetyl-L-cysteine rescue oxidative stress-induced angiogenesis in a mouse corneal alkali-burn model.
Researchers conclude that "Immediate antioxidant therapy with H2-enriched irrigation solution is a new potent treatment of angiogenesis in cornea to prevent blindness caused by alkali burn."
The researchers' findings "show the potential of hydrogen to protect auditory hair cells from ROS-induced damage." In other words acts as a prevention to hearing loss in the elderly.
Researchers state that Molecular Hydrogen's benefit for medicine is no longer theoretical. It summarizes the data from clinical trials of H2 and states that molecular hydrogen is clinically effective.
This is another review of molecular hydrogen research. "H2 seems to differ from conventional pharmaceutical drugs. Owing to its great efficacy and lack of adverse effects, H2 has promising potential for clinical use against many diseases."
- Suppressive effects of electrochemically reduced water on matrix metalloproteinase-2 activities and in vitro invasion of human fibrosarcoma HT1080 cells
Researchers conclude: "can be easily consumed in daily life and may be a promising antioxidant for the prevention and improved treatment of cancers."
Ionized water in aerosol may have "a long-lasting beneficial effect on asthma symptoms, lung function, and airway inflammation."
- Hydrogen Improves Glycemic Control in Type1 Diabetic Animal Model by Promoting Glucose Uptake into Skeletal Muscle
Our study demonstrates that H2 exerts metabolic effects similar to those of insulin and may be a novel therapeutic alternative to insulin in type 1 diabetes mellitus that can be administered orally.
- Anti-diabetic effects of electrolyzed reduced water in streptozotocin-induced and genetic diabetic mice.
"The present data suggest that ERW (ionized water) may function as an orally effective anti-diabetic agent."
"Consumption of HW is a promising strategy to alleviate renal injury as a supplement for anti-hypertensive therapy."
Is "an effective therapeutic strategy for TBI (traumatic brain injury) patients."
- Supplementation of hydrogen-rich water improves lipid and glucose metabolism in patients with type 2 diabetes or impaired glucose tolerance.
"Intake of hydrogen-rich water normalized the oral glucose tolerance test."
- Consumption of molecular hydrogen prevents the stress-induced impairments in hippocampus-dependent learning tasks during chronic physical restraint in mice.
"Continuous consumption of hydrogen water reduces oxidative stress in the brain, and prevents the stress-induced decline in learning and memory caused by chronic physical restraint. Hydrogen water may be applicable for preventive use in cognitive or other neuronal disorders."
"Accumulating evidence has shown that reduced waters are health beneficial and they suppress oxidative stress-related diseases such as diabetes, cancer, arteriosclerosis, neurodegenerative diseases, and the side effects of hemodialysis."
The results were that dogs which drank alkaline ionized water showed significant improvement over the ones that drank just the tap water. After completing the animal studies using ionized alkaline water and discovering that there was significant improvement in dogs that were afflicted with renal failure researchers stated: “Alkaline ionized water can be considered as a major safe strategy in the management of metabolic acidosis
Results suggest that long term consumption of this water slows the effects of aging and may improve the peripheral circulation; serve as an adjunct therapy for diabetes and kidney disorders; and help prevent cardiovascular and other chronic diseases.
- Anti-diabetic effects of electrolyzed reduced water in streptozotocin-induced and genetic diabetic mice.
The present data suggest that ERW may function as an orally effective anti-diabetic agent
After exercise-induced dehydration, consumption of the electrolyzed, high-pH water reduced high-shear viscosity by an average of 6.30% compared to 3.36% with standard purified water (p = 0.03).