The original High-Rich Hydrogen Water Machine (the best Mini-Water Ionizer / Hydrogen generator that I've tested) just got better! With better electronics and the ability to hook it up directly to a water bottle, the High-Rich II is truly the best little Hydrogen Machine ever. See the videos, below, for a complete demonstration of this great new product! With the High-Rich-II you can use regular tap water in the cup that comes with the machine or you can transform any bottled water (even distilled water) into high Hydrogen levels, antioxidant-rich water.
You can use this product page to buy the machine itself or any of the listed extra parts for the High Rich machines. If you want more than one of the multiple choices, then please back-arrow into this product page again once you've added each item to the cart.
Why Add an Extra Cup (Plastic)?
The High-Rich machine body is double-walled glass, but for an additional $25 you can get an extra, plastic, body to interchange with the glass when you're planning to use it in an "active" setting. An additional benefit with the plastic cup is that it will hold more water than the glass cup, because it's not double-walled.
What is the Conversion Kit (to use as inhaler)?
For those who want to economize both time and money: You can use the High-Rich machine as an inhaler while you are preparing your molecular-hydrogen-rich water to drink.
The kit contains 3 items: 1) a special lid which has a connector piece for the cannula; 2) a cannula; and 3) the plastic cup (described above).
The primary use of the High-Rich machine is to make hydrogen-rich water, however it can take up to 7 minutes to make. During that time, molecular hydrogen is primarily being pumped into your water, but as with all hydrogen machines, hydrogen gas is escaping into the air above the water level. Inhaling this hydrogen-gas-enriched air is potentially as beneficial as drinking molecular-hydrogen-rich water. The High-Rich Conversion Kit allows you to do both.
Hydrogen gas inhalers are made for inhaling for fairly long periods, such as 30 minutes or so at a time. You should not try to use the High-Rich maching this way. It will waste the machine-life (using it for a function it wasn't designed for); it is not considered healthy to inhale moist water for too long (at least not regularly); and the amount of hydrogen gas you can inhale this way is far less than the therapeutic levels you can get from a true hydrogen gas generator.
Instructions for Use as an Inhaler:
- Set the machine up so the plastic cup is installed. Make sure the gasket is in place.
- Fill the cup with any water, but preferably distilled*. Leave some space at the top.
- Screw on the special inhaler lid fairly tightly.
- Push the end of the cannula over the port at the top of the inhaler lid.
- Turn the machine on.
- Put the cannula over your head and insert the nose pieces loosly. Adjust the tightness for your comfort.
- Breathe comfortably through your nose. When the cycle is done, you may ether drink the water or push the button for a second cycle before drinking.
- Note: It will take a couple of minutes to build up enough pressure inside the machine to force the hydrogen out through the cannula, but you may start breathing right away.
Why is High-Rich So Special?
The High-Rich machine has a special membrane which pumps pure hydrogen into the water and at the same time pumps out chlorine, oxygen and nitrogen. This is significant in improving the health-qualities of your water in a multitude of ways.
THE DUPONT SPE-PEM MEMBRANE:
The heart of any hydrogen machine is the membrane and plates. The SPE-PEM membrane in the High-Rich machines is made by DuPont in the USA.
Definition of SPE-PEM Membrane:
- SPE is referring to the quality of the water produced (in this case: negatively charged water). [Note: SPE stands for solid polymer electrolyte. A polymer is a multi-unit structure where all the units are similar to each other. An electrolyte is a liquid which contains ions (charged particles).]
- The Proton exchange membrane (PEM) is basically a special membrane developed by DuPont to create an environment of electrolysis where hydrogen rich water is created in a healthier way than the normal 2 or more plate hydrogen pumps to date are using. With PEM technology some unhealthy elements are removed by way of this special membrane.
DuPont uses platinum in their electrodes which are embeded into their own patented SPE/PEM membranes for the finest quality and most efficient hydrogen pumping techniques in the world. The heart of the High-Rich machine is this USA-Made SPE-PEM Membrane. The rest of the machine is made in China.
Benefits of the High-Rich Machine:
- Filtration: Most portable Hydrogen Machines are unable to do much filtration, but because the High Rich pumps out the Chlorine and Nitrates, you get a fairly good level of filtration as an extra important benefit. The filtration comes out the bottom as gasses, mainly, but there may be drops of water that collect in the tiny bottom bin which can be removed and emptied if this occurs.
- The antioxidants in the High-Rich Hydrogen Water Machine are of the highest quality I've tested (of molecular hydrogen). For more information about the benefits of molecular hydrogen read these articles:
- The taste of the High-Rich water is improved over regular tap water, because of the chlorine and nitrogen removal.
Note: The High-Rich water machine does not significantly change the pH of the water. For drinking water, use water with a neutral or above pH. For beauty-water (on the skin) use water with an acidic pH. Also note that the High-Rich machine receives factory testing to ensure quality. For this reason there is often a small amount of water in the machine when it arrives to you. This is normal and it means your machine underwent high-quality testing at the factory.
Here's a 44-Second Demo of this Hydrogen Machine (Mini Water Ionizer) in Action
- Plate Materials: Pure Platinum Coated over Pure Titanium.
- Rechargeable battery, lasts for 10-20 uses between charging.
- Holds about one cup (glass cup) or two cups (plastic cup).
- Can hook it up to bottled water of varying sizes and volumes.
Instructions for Care:
- Before using, remove and wash the glass enclosure and the lid. Use warm water to clean with. Rinse thoroughly.
- Remove the plug covering the spe-pem membrane. (See picture, below.)
- Do not immerse the machine in water. Repeat this procedure whenever the machine appears dirty.
- Charge the machine for 4 hours before the first use, and then after several uses recharge it. The red light flashes when charging and stops flashing when charging is complete. I suggest that at the end of each day to plug it in overnight (similar to a cell phone).
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Avoid freezing.
- Do not pour boiling water into the cup.
Instructions for Use:
- Press the power button. The indicator light turns blue. It will work for 5 minutes making hydrogen water and when the light goes out it is ready.
- For a longer, 7-minute, cycle to produce even stronger hydrogen water, press the button twice (till it turns green).
- You can drink right out of the bottle or pour the water into another bottle or glass.
- It's best to drink it within an hour of making it, to make sure the hydrogen-levels are still strong.
- If during making hydrogen water the device indicator light starts to flash, it means the battery is low and will need to be recharged soon.
- There is a tiny bin at the bottom of the High-Rich Machine. It may need to be periodically emptied if water collects there. Usually the wastes come out as gasses, but occasiionally droplets of water come out in the bin. You should check it periodically. Simply unscrew the bottom piece under the base and pour out the little bit of water if there's any in there. The amount of water collected (if any) will vary by machine and source water, so I suggest you check it once every day at first (until you get used to what to expect).
Keeping the Membrane Moist:
- It's best to use the High Rich Machine frequently throughout the day rather than just once or twice a day. If you don't use it frequently then it's suggested that you keep a small amount (tsp.) of distilled water in the bottom of the cup between uses to keep the membrane from drying out.
- If the membrane dries out you won't see bubbles (which means it isn't pumping Molecular Hydrogen) until you moisten it back up again.
- How to moisten the membrane back up: Fill the cup with pretty HOT (but not scalding) water and press the button to show the blue light. Let it run for about 10 seconds and then turn it off. Let it sit for 1/2 hour. Then try it. It should work; you should see more bubbles. If this doesn't work, try it again. If you see improvement, but not good enough yet, then do it again. If you see no improvement in the amount of bubbles, then do the anti-scaling, described in the next section.
You may have to do periodic anti-scaling of your High-Rich Machine. How often will probably depend on your source water. Only do this if you notice the amount of bubbles generated is significantly reduced. Here's how to do it.
- Put a mixture 1 part vinegar to 3 parts pretty HOT (but not scalding) water into the cup.
- Turn the machine on for 10 seconds.
- Turn the machine off and let it sit for 1/2 hour.
- Empty the solution from the cup, rince and try it. If that doesn't work, try it again, but this time leave it overnight to soak.
Testing and Comparing the High-Rich to the IonPia Hydrogen Water Machines:
Setting Up and Using the High-Rich Machine Video:
Setting up and using the High Rich Hydrogen Water Machine.
- Plug it in. Make sure the plug is inserted correctly into a working outlet.
- If the button blinks red, keep it plugged in until it stops blinking.
- You can use it though, while it's charging. No need to wait.
- Before filling it for the first use, remove the plastic barrier as the video shows. Save it, because you may want to use it again when you're traveling or shipping it.
- Pour water into the cup and push the button to turn the hydrogen machine on.
- You should see bubbles coming out from the bottom.
- The bubbles are pure molecular hydrogen being pumped into the water. By the way, nitrogen and chlorine gasses are being pumped out through a tiny hole in the base.
- Hydrogen is a gas, so after preparing the water, try to drink it fairly quickly (within an hour) after.
- You can see the Hydrogen tester at the end of the video shows that even less than a minute of pumping hydrogen into the water it is approaching the saturation point for hydrogen dissolved in water and good to drink.
- If you want to maximize the molecular hydrogen levels, let the cycle finish before drinking. The cycle takes 5 minutes (blue light), or you can give the button another push to get a green light, which will boost the cycle to 7 minutes. There is no use to try to pump more molecular hydrogen into water than this and can needlessly wear out your hydrogen machine to do more cycles.
- Use care not to splash water into electronic port or let the water dribble down the side of the cup and into the port.
*Note on Distilled Water: You can use any water with the High Rich machine, but distilled water will work best because mineral deposits in normal water can eventually reduce the effectiveness of the membrane. One would need to perform more periodic anti-scaling when using regular tap water than with distilled water.
Certifications: CE, EMC, FDA,LVD
Note: We don't ship this product internationally due to risk of damage from shipping.
Warranty: 1 Year with normal use as described on this page.