You can rely on the High-Rich portable hydrogen water machine for the very highest possible levels of molecular hydrogen. The High-Rich hydrogen water machine also filters out chlorine and ozone as it produces hydrogen water.
The High-Rich Hydrogen Water Machine is the best little hydrogen water generator that I've tested!
- The High-Rich portable hydrogen water maker uses the latest (June, 2019), most improved version of the DuPont SPE-PEM membrane. Older versions of the DuPont SPE/PEM membranes are still being used in cheaper hydrogen water machines, but they are far less efficient than the newest version, and so will not last as long.
- The SPE/PEM technology was developed by DuPont, and is US made, but you really have to watch out with this. I've been seeing the term SPE/PEM used by companies who don't use DuPont's membrane. Seems like it should be caught as a trademark violation, but it hasn't been. If the advertising doesn't say "DuPont" then for sure it is not DuPont's product and is a copy-cat, rip-off of it. For health reasons, make sure to purchase your hydrogen water machine with the real, DuPont, SPE/PEM membrane and not a cheap, potentially hazardous, one. There are toxins, such as ozone and dangerous oxides that are in the hydrogen water created with hydrogen machines which do not use this technology.
- The High Rich 2 has exceptional electronics, coated with platinum, which is better than the the cheaper hydrogen water machines.
- The technology for producing hydrogen water machines is changing rapidly. I have seen about 10 evolutions of the High-Rich Machine in the past several years, and this latest (June-2019) version is way better. We don't sell the older versions of this machine or of any hydrogen water machine, but you will often see very similar machines, cheaper, on Amazon, or other locations. I can assure you these older generations of Hydrogen Water Machines are not comparable to this latest version of the High-Rich hydrogen water generator. They may simply not last as long or worse; they may use the wrong type of membrane. So, cheaper is not better, and really watch out for this. Many manufacturers sell off their old (inferior) models to wholesalers in order to get rid of them. Even the manufacturer of the High-Rich does this. It's not a good idea to buy the older model of any product like this.
- At Alkaline Water Plus we always make sure we get the latest upgrade of any product we sell. Your satisfaction is important to us.
- The Hi-Rich machine is user-friendly and can connect up directly to almost any water bottle if you prefer that to the cup (pictured).
- Alkaline Water Plus is an authorized repair depot in the US for the High Rich machine, and so you are double protected with your investment when you can get the technical support and assistance you need from a dealer who can really support you all the way.
The High-Rich Machine is truly the best little Hydrogen Machine ever. See the videos, below, for a complete demonstration of this small, yet powerful, product! With the High-Rich-II you can use regular tap water, filtered water, reverse osmosis water, or distilled water to make hydrogen-rich water.
Why is High-Rich So Special?
The High-Rich machine has a special membrane which pumps pure hydrogen into the water and at the same time pumps out chlorine, oxygen and nitrogen. This is significant in improving the health-qualities of the water in a multitude of ways.
THE DUPONT SPE-PEM MEMBRANE:
The heart of any hydrogen machine is the membrane and plates. The SPE-PEM membrane in the High-Rich machines is made by DuPont in the USA.
Definition of SPE-PEM Membrane:
- SPE is referring to the quality of the water produced (in this case: negatively charged water). [Note: SPE stands for solid polymer electrolyte. A polymer is a multi-unit structure where all the units are similar to each other. An electrolyte is a liquid which contains ions (charged particles).]
- The Proton exchange membrane (PEM) is basically a special membrane developed by DuPont to create an environment of electrolysis where hydrogen rich water is created in a healthier way than the normal 2 or more plate hydrogen pumps to date. With PEM technology some unhealthy elements are removed by way of this special membrane.
DuPont uses platinum in their electrodes which are embeded into their own patented SPE/PEM membranes for the finest quality and most efficient hydrogen pumping techniques in the world. The heart of the High-Rich machine is this USA-Made SPE-PEM Membrane. The rest of the machine is made in China. The manufacturer's engineers are regularly trained in the US, by DuPont, in the proper way to build this machine, so you can be assured of the best quality hydrogen water when you use the High-Rich machine.
Benefits of the High-Rich Machine:
- Filtration: Most portable Hydrogen Machines are unable to do much filtration, but because the High Rich pumps out the Chlorine and Nitrates, you get a fairly good level of filtration as an extra important benefit. The filtration comes out the bottom as gasses, mainly, but there may be drops of water that collect in the tiny bottom bin which can be removed and emptied if this occurs.
- The antioxidants in the High-Rich Hydrogen Water Machine are of the highest quality I've tested (for molecular hydrogen). For more information about the benefits of molecular hydrogen read these articles:
- The taste of the High-Rich water is improved over regular tap water, because of the chlorine and nitrogen removal.
Note: The High-Rich water machine does not significantly change the pH of the water. For drinking water, use water with a neutral or above pH. For beauty-water (on the skin) use water with an acidic pH. Also note that the High-Rich machine receives factory testing to ensure quality.
The Hi-Rich membrane must remain moist for effective operation. For this reason there is a small amount of water in the machine when you receive it, and it has a plug over the membrane to keep it from drying out.
Here's a 44-Second Demo of this Hydrogen Machine in Action
- Plate Materials: Pure Platinum Coated over Pure Titanium.
- Rechargeable battery, lasts for 10-20 uses between charging.
- Holds about 10 oz.
- Can hook it up to a bottle of your choice (i.e., bottled water of varying sizes and volumes).
How to Prepare the High Rich Hydrogen Water Machine for Best Performance:
- Before using, remove and wash the glass enclosure and the lid. The glass can be unscrewed from the base as well. Use warm water to clean with. If it's not attached to the base (membrane) you may use soapy water if you want. Rinse thoroughly.
- Make sure to remove the plastic barrier and rubber plug which covers the main machine membrane chamber (base). Save the plug, because you may want to use it again when you're traveling or in-between uses.
- During operation you should see bubbles coming out (up from the base).
- The bubbles are pure molecular hydrogen being pumped into the water. By the way, nitrogen and chlorine gasses are being pumped out the bottom, through a tiny hole in a small bin under the base.
- If you don't see a lot of bubbles, follow the steps under the section, "How to Moisten Up a Dried Out Membrane", below.
- Hydrogen is a gas, so after preparing the water, try to drink it fairly quickly (within an hour).
- You can see the Hydrogen tester at the end of the video shows that even less than a minute of pumping hydrogen into the water it is approaching the saturation point for hydrogen dissolved in water and good to drink.
- The cycle takes 5 minutes (blue light), or you can give the button another push to get a green light, which will boost the cycle to 7 minutes. There is no use to try to pump more molecular hydrogen into water than this and can needlessly wear out your hydrogen machine to do more cycles.
- There is a danger if you build up too much pressure inside the bottle it may burst and break the machine, so make sure to open the lid periodically.
- Use care not to splash water onto the electric USB port or let the water dribble down the side of the cup and into that port.
- Do not immerse the machine in water.
- Charge the machine for 4 hours before the first use, and then after several uses recharge it. The red light flashes when charging and stops flashing when charging is complete. I suggest that at the end of each day to plug it in overnight (similar to a cell phone). This should be sufficient. You can use it, while it's charging. No need to wait.
- Don't excessively use it when plugged in though. It's good to let the battery wear down and charge up rather than bypass the battery with it plugged in all the time (similar to a cell phone or laptop).
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Avoid freezing.
- Do not pour boiling water into the cup, though you can pour hot (to the touch) water into it when you're trying to moisten it up after a period of no use.
- The use of very hard water (high calcium levels) or already ionized water in the High Rich is not recommended. It may cause the membrane to scale up and need extra anti-scale treatments.
Instructions for Use:
- Pour water into the cup and push the button to turn the hydrogen machine on. Don't overfill. Leave about a half-inch space at the top of the cup. You may use any kind of water, even distilled, but make sure it is just water and not something else. If you want to put ionized water (from the pitcher or a water ionizer) into the High-Rich Machine, you theoretically can, but please realize that you may cause the membrane to scale up. And if this happens, you'd need to use the Anti-Scale suggestions, below.
- Pushing the on/off button once turns the indicator light blue and starts a 5 minute cycle.
- For a longer, 7-minute, cycle to produce even stronger hydrogen water, press the button twice (till it turns green).
- It's not productive or recommended to use it longer than 2 cycles in a row without a break.
- The High-Rich machine is not meant to be operated under pressure. It is possible that if you continue to run the machine for several cycles without opening the lid it may burst or break the machine.
- You can drink right out of the bottle or pour the water into another bottle or glass.
- It's best to drink hydrogen water within an hour of making it, to make sure the hydrogen-levels are still strong.
- If during making hydrogen water the device indicator light starts to flash, it means the battery is low and will need to be recharged soon.
- There is a tiny bin at the bottom of the High-Rich Machine (under the base). It may need to be periodically emptied if water collects there. Usually the wastes come out as gasses, but occasiionally droplets of water come out in the bin. You should check it periodically. Simply unscrew the bottom piece under the base and pour out the little bit of water if there's any in there.
RUBBER PLUG OVER THE MEMBRANE CHAMBER
- Keeping the Membrane Moist: It's best to use the High Rich Machine frequently throughout the day rather than just once or twice a day. If you don't use it frequently then it's suggested that you put the lid on to keep the machine from drying out. If it's going to be several days, or if you're using it without the cup, then I suggest to put the plug back onto the membrane. See the next section if the membrane does dry out.
How to Moisten Up a Dried Out Membrane
- If the membrane dries out you won't see bubbles (which means it isn't pumping Molecular Hydrogen) until you moisten it back up again.
- How to moisten the membrane back up: Fill the cup with pretty HOT (but not scalding) water and press the button to show the blue light. Let it run for about 10 seconds and then turn it off by pushing two more times. Let it sit for 1/2 hour. Then try it. It should work; you should see more bubbles. If this doesn't work, try it again. If you see improvement, but not good enough yet, then do it again. If you see no improvement in the amount of bubbles, then do the anti-scaling, described in the next section.
You may have to do periodic anti-scaling of your High-Rich Machine. How often will probably depend on your source water. Only do this if you notice the amount of bubbles generated is significantly reduced and you're pretty sure it's not just dried out. Here's how to do it.
- Put a mixture 1 part vinegar to 3 parts pretty HOT (but not scalding) water into the cup.
- Turn the machine on for 10 seconds.
- Turn the machine off and let it sit for 1/2 hour.
- Empty the solution from the cup, rince and try it. If that doesn't work, try it again, but this time leave it overnight to soak.
Testing and Comparing the High-Rich to the IonPia Hydrogen Water Machines:
Setting Up and Using the High-Rich Machine Video:
Certifications: CE, EMC, FDA*, LVD
*The materials in the High-Rich machine match FDA standards.
Warranty: 1 Year with normal use as described on this page.