The High-Rich Hydrogen Water Machine has stably made it to the top of my list for "best Mini-Water Ionizer" "best portable Hydrogen generator". But, now has even gotten better.
Inhaler Assembly Pieces Included
You now have the option to use the hydrogen machine as a portable inhaler. A special lid and cannula come with the High Rich Extra to use it this way. When your High-Rich machine is pumping molecular hydrogen into your drinking water you can also use the special lid & cannula to breathe in the excess hydrogen gas that is produced in the process.
Why use it this way, as an inhaler? The hydrogen production time is for 5 - 7 minutes (depending on your selection). The production of hydrogen water always gives off some extra hydrogen gas into the air. This is because hydrogen is the smallest element on the periodic table. The hydrogen gets pumped into and bubbles through the water in the cup. It dissolves into the water as it goes through, but the excess collects at the top of the cup, above the water-level. By inhaling while the machine is producing hydrogen rich water, it helps to capture that excess gas and divert it to your nose for breathing. So, instead of waisting that H2, one can utilize it.
Is the High-Rich as strong as a big hydrogen gas generator? No, it's not made for that purpose. It's main purpose is to produce strong levels of antioxidant-rich, hydrogen-rich water. The excess hydrogen gas that gets through for breathing will be of lesser strength than the big H2-inhaler. This is also a portable device, and it can't stand up to all of the hours and years of use that a more expensive inhaler machine would get. If you plan to do a lot of H2 gas inhaling, we suggest you purchase one of our awesome hydrogen gas machines.
Extra Plastic Cup
The High-Rich machine usually comes with a double-walled strong glass cup (similar to Pyrex), but with the High-Rich Extra, you get an extra plastic cup. This is a very strong plastic, similar to the plastic used in clear plastic serving glasses.
Why is High-Rich So Special and Strong?
The High-Rich machine has a special membrane which pumps pure hydrogen into the water and at the same time pumps out chlorine, oxygen and nitrogen. This is significant in improving the health-qualities of your water, because you get a higher concentration of hydrogen antioxidants without the chlorine and nitrogen.
THE DUPONT SPE-PEM MEMBRANE:
The SPE-PEM membrane, which is the heart of the High-Rich machines, is made by DuPont in the USA. DuPont uses platinum in their electrodes and their own patented SPE/PEM membranes for the finest quality and most efficient hydrogen pumping techniques in the world. The rest of the machine is made in a highly-certified factory in China.
Definition of SPE-PEM Membrane:
- SPE is referring to the quality of the water produced (in this case: negatively charged water). [Note: SPE stands for solid polymer electrolyte. A polymer is a multi-unit structure where all the units are similar to each other. An electrolyte is a liquid which contains ions (charged particles).]
- The Proton exchange membrane (PEM) is basically a special membrane developed by DuPont to create an environment of electrolysis where hydrogen rich water is created in a healthier way than the normal 2 or more plate hydrogen pumps to date are using. With PEM technology some unhealthy elements are removed by way of this special membrane.
The Benefits of a High-Rich Machine:
- Filtration: Most portable Molecular Hydrogen Machines are unable to do much filtration, but because the High Rich pumps out the Chlorine and Nitrates, you get this level of filtration as an extra important benefit.
- The antioxidants in the High-Rich Hydrogen Water Machine are the highest quality (medical grade) of molecular hydrogen. For more information about the benefits of molecular hydrogen read these articles:
- The taste of the High-Rich water is improved over regular tap water, because of the chlorine and nitrogen removal.
Note: The High-Rich water machine does not change the pH of the water. For drinking water, use water with a neutral or above pH. For beauty-water (on the skin) use water with an acidic pH.
There is always a small amount of water in the machine when it arrives to you. The special membrane must be kept moist. Keep the plastic seal just in case you want to store the machine for a while and you don't want the membrane to dry out. [Please read the section, below, about keeping the membrane moist.]
Also note that each High-Rich machine receives factory testing to ensure quality.
Demo of the High-Rich Inhaler (Molecular Hydrogen coming through the Cannula)
I've tested the molecular hydrogen levels coming through the cannula many times. Here is a snip-it of that. It takes 2-3 minutes for Hydrogen to start flowing through the tube. Once that happens it will vary (up and down) at first, but fairly quickly the molecular hydrogen levels go off the charts as shown in this video.
Demo of the High-Rich Machine (Producing Molecular Hydrogen in the Water)
Comparison Testing of the High-Rich and IonPia Hydrogen Water Machines
- Plate Materials: Pure Platinum Coated over Pure Titanium.
- Rechargeable battery, lasts for 10-20 uses between charging.
- Holds about one cup (glass cup) or two cups (plastic cup).
Instructions for Care:
- Before using, remove and wash the glass enclosure and the lid. Use warm water to clean with. Rinse thoroughly.
- Remove the plug covering the spe-pem membrane. (See picture, below.)
- Do not immerse the machine in water. Repeat this procedure whenever the machine appears dirty.
- Charge the machine for 4 hours before the first use and then after every several uses. The red light flashes when charging and stops flashing when charging is complete. I suggest that at the end of each day to plug it in overnight (similar to a cell phone).
- Avoid direct sunlight.
- Avoid freezing.
- Do not pour boiling water into the cup.
- There is a tiny bin at the bottom of the High-Rich Machine. It may collect a little water in it and if so will need to be periodically emptied. Simply unscrew the bottom piece under the base and pour out the little bit of water that's in there. With most machines you won't even collect any water in that bin, because the wastes are basically gaseous. The amount of water collected will vary by your machine and your source water, so I suggest you check it once every day at first (until you get used to it).
Instructions for Use:
- Press the power button. The indicator light turns blue. It will work for 5 minutes making hydrogen water and when the light goes out it is ready.
- For a longer, 7-minute, cycle to produce even stronger hydrogen water, press the button twice (till it turns green).
- You can drink right out of the bottle or pour the water into another bottle or glass.
- It's best to drink it within an hour of making it, to make sure the hydrogen-levels are still strong.
- If during making hydrogen water the device indicator light starts to flash, it means the battery is low and will need to be recharged soon.
- Use care not to splash water into electronic port or let the water dribble down the side of the cup and into the port.
Instructions for Use as an Inhaler:
- Set the machine up so the plastic cup is installed.
- Make sure the gasket is in place.
- Fill the cup with any water, but preferably distilled*.
- Leave some space at the top.
- Screw on the special inhaler lid fairly tightly.
- Push the end of the cannula over the port at the top of the inhaler lid.
- Turn the machine on.
- Put the cannula over your head and insert the nose pieces loosly.
- Adjust the tightness for your comfort.
- Breathe comfortably through your nose.
- When the cycle is done, you may ether drink the water or push the button for a second cycle before drinking. Note: It will take a couple of minutes to build up enough pressure inside the machine to force the hydrogen out through the cannula, but you may start breathing right away.
Keeping the Membrane Moist:
- It's best to use the High Rich Machine frequently throughout the day rather than just once or twice a day. If you don't use it frequently then it's suggested that you keep a small amount (tsp.) of distilled water in the bottom of the cup between uses to keep the membrane from drying out.
- If the membrane dries out you won't see bubbles (which means it isn't pumping Molecular Hydrogen) until you moisten it back up again.
- How to moisten the membrane back up: Fill the cup with pretty HOT (but not scalding) water and press the button to show the blue light. Let it run for about 10 seconds and then turn it off. Let it sit for 1/2 hour. Then try it. It should work; you should see more bubbles. If this doesn't work, try it again. If you see improvement, but not good enough yet, then do it again. If you see no improvement in the amount of bubbles, then do the anti-scaling, described in the next section.
You may have to do periodic anti-scaling of your High-Rich Machine. How often will probably depend on your source water. Only do this if you notice the amount of bubbles generated is significantly reduced. Here's how to do it.
- Put a mixture 1 part vinegar to 3 parts pretty HOT (but not scalding) water into the cup.
- Turn the machine on for 10 seconds.
- Turn the machine off and let it sit for 1/2 hour.
- Empty the solution from the cup, rince and try it. If that doesn't work, try it again, but this time leave it overnight to soak.
*Note on Distilled Water: You can use any water with the High Rich machine, but distilled water will work best because it mineral deposits can eventually reduce the effectiveness of the membrane. One would need to perform more periodic anti-scaling when using regular tap water than with distilled water.
Certification: CE, EMC, FDA,LVD
Note: We don't ship this product internationally due to risk of damage from shipping.