The HS-72 Hydrogen Water Generator is made with DuPont's SPE-PEM membrane and is a very well-made hydrogen water machine all-around.
Japanese Made HS-72 Lourdes Hydrogen Water Machine
The HS-72 Hydrogen Water Machine is primarily a design and creation of Victory (manufacturer) in Japan and the internal filters are made in the Buder factory in Taiwan, where the product is assembled, boxed, stored and made ready for international sales. There is no doubt to the quality that goes into this wonderful machine.
The hydrogen pumping membrane (inside the left chamber) is made by DuPont in the US.
Do not confuse this product with the Lourdes Hydrofix machine, which has a similar name, but is not as high quality and is not Japanese-made.
HS-72 Lourdes Hydrogen Water Generator With SPE/PEM Membrane
The HS-72 Hydrogen Water Machine is super easy to use and very well-made. How it works is the HS-72 Hydrogen Water Machine generates hydrogen in the left-side water chamber. Then it pumps the pure hydrogen gas into the other container (the pitcher), creating hydrogen-rich water in the pitcher. This is the latest model for Japanese-made hydrogen machines.
The HS-72 Lourdes Hydrogen Machine Comes in 2 Colors, Red & Black
Please select either red or black in the dropdown menu.
Hydrogen Water Production With the HS-72 Lourdes Hydrogen Water Machine
It's easy to use the HS-72 Lourdes Hydrogen Water Machine. You can choose from 10 min., 20 min., and 30 min. hydrogen water production cycles. Because it does such a great job pumping hydrogen into the water the HS-72 machine is one of my favorite hydrogen water machines.
For those who like their water cold, you could store filtered water in the refrigerator (or use your refrigerator filtered water), and fill the pitcher with that. Usually if I fill the pitcher half-full I will set it for 10 min. but if I fill it all the way (2 liters) I set it for 20 min. I have found that 10-20 min. (as just described) is the amount of time needed to reach saturation-levels of molecular hydrogen in the water, about 1 to 1.3 ppm, and setting it for longer than that doesn't change the results very much.
I’ve tested most of the hydrogen generators and this is a very good one. One of its strengths is that it can produce up to 2 liters of hydrogen rich ionized water in each batch. Another strength is that it has a special lid that keeps the hydrogen in the water longer than usual.
There is a small white sponge filter that sits under the pitcher. The purpose of the sponge is to bring the hydrogen filled water from the left side of the machine over to just under, but touching, the bottom of the pitcher. Hydrogen gas pumps up through the sponge filter and then through a set of 2 grids (separated by an air-space) at the bottom of the pitcher.
The HS-72 Hydrogen Water Generator comes with one extra white sponge filter. The sponges can be cleaned and reused indefinitely.
The HS-72 Machine: Set Up Instructions and Cautionary Notes
The HS-72 Hydrogen Water Generator is expected to last many years. Follow these instructions to contribute to your machine's longevity.
- Place the Hydrogen Water Generator on a flat surface, near an outlet, and keep it there. Don't plan to move it around a lot or tip it sideways.
- Open the hydrogen production chamber (tank), on the left, and pour distilled water into it. There is a filter in there which has a “floater” in it. Don't remove the filter, just pour the water around it. When the water-level pushes the floater to the top, the tank is full enough. Replace the lid. You may need to add more distilled water to the tank intermittently over time. If it is running low on water there will be a warning light which will flicker on the front of the machine.
- Water from the tank is intended to seep out the bottom of the tank into the bin (under the pitcher). Initially, you may have to pour a little extra distilled water onto the sponge to bring the water-level up to the top of the white sponge filter.
- Plug in the machine.
- Rinse out the pitcher well, before your first use.
- Pour your drinking water into the right side (pitcher). You may fill the pitcher to any level.
- Use only water that is drinkable.
- Touch the button on the front of the HS-72 Machine. It will toggle to 10 min, 20 min, or 30 min. cycles.
- Note: The button is not an on/off button. If you want to stop a cycle prematurely you can do that by either 1) lifting the pitcher off of its base, or 2) unplugging the machine.
- Once you select the cycle you want, just leave it. The timer will count down to zero and then chime a few times when the water is ready.]
- Regular Maintenance: Other than changing the internal filter about every 9 - 12 months, the only other maintenance is to run a cleaning cycle every week. The way you do that is to pour tap water into the pitcher up to above the 1-liter line; push and hold the button for about 5 seconds. The cleaning light will turn on and will clean the internal chamber and pump for 15 minutes. When the lamp inside the chamber turns off, it’s cleaning is finished. Discard that water; it is not drinkable.
- You may unplug the HS-72 machine any time you aren’t using it. This is particularly suggested when you plan to be away for a while.
- Use caution when removing the pitcher from its base. Pull straight up and don't pull forward until it's completely off the pins.
- When putting the pitcher back onto the base, line up the arrows on the front and seat it carefully.
Proper Care of the HS-72 Hydrogen Water Generator:
The HS-72 Hydrogen Water Machine should last you many years, provided you care for it properly. Make sure to:
- Don't forget to do the 15-min cleaning cycle (described above) every week;
- Change the tank-water with new, fresh distilled water every 3 months. To do this, drain out the existing water by unplugging the drain at the bottom of the main chamber until the tank is empty. DO NOT TURN THE MACHINE OVER TO EMPTY THE TANK. Refill with fresh distilled water.
- Change the tank's internal filter every 9 months;
- Only use distilled water in the tank (left side of the machine). This is the hydrogen pumping chamber and must stay free of minerals;
- Do not attempt to repair the machine yourself;
- Only use water in the pitcher (right side). No other liquids will do;
- Keep the white sponge-filter clean and in its proper place. Purchase a new sponge-filter if the two filters that come with the machine get damaged or lost. DON'T USE ANY OTHER KIND OF SPONGE-FILTER.
HS-72 Lourdes Hydrogen Water Machine Demos:
- Type: Batch Hydrogen Water Maker / Hydrogen Water Generator [*Batch simply means you pour the water into the machine; it is not connected up to your plumbing.]
- This is not a typical water ionizer. It does not split the water into streams, microcluster the water or change the pH of the water.
- Design: Latest Japanese-made model for 2019. There is no newer HS-72 Japanese-Made Hydrogen Machine than this.
- Use: Counter top
- Power: 24 w and 110/220 v
- Place of Origin: Japan/Taiwan [Japan manufactures the machine and the filter is made in Taiwan.]
- Manufacturer: Victory Japan
- Brand Name: Buder
- Model Number: HS-72
- Weight: 4 lbs.
- Pitcher Capacity: 1.8L (60 oz)
- Dimensions: Width 13” Depth 6.3’ Height 11”
- Comes with 1-year manufacturer warranty
Already Have a Water Ionizer? Why Not Buy the HS-72 Machine Too?
I use my HS-72 machine all the time, even though I have the best water ionizers available to me. Why?
- The HS-72 Hydrogen Machine pumps a good deal more hydrogen into the water (possibly double).
- I like to give my body a variety, and with the HS-72 I can give it more neutral water some of the time and alkaline water the rest. I particularly prefer to drink more neutral hydrogen water with meals.
Note: The HS-72 is the only Lourdes Machine made in Japan. This is not the same as other Lourdes machines from China or Korea. There are similar machines calling themselves Lourdes Machines, and the products look similar, but the companies are not connected with each other. The name "Lourdes" hasn't been trademarked and simply implies "healing waters" (similar to the healing waters of Lourdes in France).