Super Sanitizing Water Ionizers
Alkaline Water Plus offers a 60-day trial period on most of our electric water ionizers.
About Super-Sanitizing Water Ionizers
Some water ionizers are better than others in their ability to work to make two all-natural super-sanitizing waters:
- High pH (11 pH or higher) alkaline water is a natural, no-chemical, de-greaser and natural cleanser.
- Low pH (3 pH or lower) acidic water is a natural germ killer.
One feature of the best water ionizers (for making disinfectant water) is to have a mineral port for adding saline solution or rock salt to the ionization process. Saline assists in making natural disinfectant water because 1) it strengthens the ionization, and 2) adding saline helps to create hypochlorous acid (a known, natural anticeptic).
Low acidic water (under 3 pH) is superoxidized (which naturally kills pathogens). Superoxidized water is really the best, and for me the only way, to kill germs, viruses, mold, and spores naturally. It can be used in food-service, nurseries, hospitals or anywhere you want to sanitize. Hypochlorous acid and very low acidic water (2-3 pH acidic water from a water ionizer) are both safe. They will not burn, and they even have been used to heal burns.
In October 2002, the FDA cleared superoxidized water as a high-level disinfectant...
"Superoxidized water' has been tested against bacteria, mycobacteria, viruses, fungi and spores. Freshly generated superoxidized water is rapidly effective "
Notice that the quote from the CDC includes the words "freshly generated". What this means is that you should make smaller batches of superoxidized water (just what you need for the next eight hours) and use it fresh for the best results.
Here's how to Make Super-Oxidizing Water Disinfectant:
This is a 3-step process, using the two types of ionized water (high pH alkaline ionized water and low pH acidic water): It starts with a high-alkaline ionized water (11-12 pH), then you neutralize that after 2 minutes with a light mist of acidic 2.5 pH water, and wipe dry, and finally you spray on 2.5 pH acidic ionized water and let it air dry.
Watch this short video about superoxidizing water to demonstrate how to make the water.
What is Hypochlorous Acid?
Hypochlorous Acid is made of hydrogen, oxygen and chlorine. It's produced by a water ionizer when you add saline (salt) solution to the ionization process. It is in the chlorine family, but not harsh and toxic, like chlorine. It's a safe, mild acid, but amazingly strong against germs and viruses. Part of why it's so effective against pathogens is the fact that it's strongly oxidizing. The FDA rates Hypochlorous Acid as an effective disinfectant and sanitizer. It is notable that there are no toxic effects or warnings about it. Hypochlorous Acid is all natural and environmentally friendly.
- From Science Direct: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S016609340400179X "The virus was inactivated by ultraviolet light (UV) at 254 nm, heat treatment of 65 °C or greater, alkaline (pH > 12) or acidic (pH < 3) conditions, formalin and glutaraldehyde treatments. "
- From US National Library of Medicine: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4880284/ "Efficient disinfection of prions from endoscopes and other instruments such as high-resolution cameras remains problematic because these instruments do not tolerate aggressive chemical or heat treatments. Herein, we develop a new washing system that uses both the alkaline and acidic water produced by electrolysis. Electrolyzed acidic water, containing HCl and HOCl as active substances, has been reported to be an effective disinfectant."
- From the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov/infectioncontrol/pdf/guidelines/disinfection-guidelines-H.pdf "The microbicidal activity of a new disinfectant, “superoxidized water,” has been examined. The concept of electrolyzing saline to create a disinfectant or antiseptics is appealing because the basic materials of saline and electricity are inexpensive and the end product (i.e., water) does not damage the environment. The main products of this water are hypochlorous acid (e.g., at a concentration of about 144 mg/L) and chlorine. As with any germicide, the antimicrobial activity of superoxidized water is strongly affected by the concentration of the active ingredient (available free chlorine)" "The solution is nontoxic to biologic tissues."