Healthy kidneys cannot be taken for granted. They are the principle organs which clean the blood. Kidneys clean gallons and gallons of blood daily. When the kidneys are working correctly they remove toxins and wastes from the blood all day long. They also help to regulate the blood viscosity (how sluggish the blood is), pH balance, electrolytes, red blood cell-count, and blood pressure. Without our kidneys we are in sad and sorry shape, so pay attention to this article.
The Most Deadly 20 Ways to Damage a Kidney
For prevention and remedies to any of these ways a kidney can get damaged see the next section.
1. Too much dehydration
Dehydration causes a shutdown of the body, organ by organ. It also causes increased blood viscosity, which inhibits the elimination of wastes as well as the ability of blood to freely circulate around your body and deliver its nutrition to your cells. (You can tell if you’re dehydrated if your urine is dark-colored. It should be a light yellow. If you're over-hydrated your urine will appear colorless.) At least 75% of Americans are dehydrated enough that it affects the health of their kidneys as well as their overall health.
2. Too many painkillers
3. Too many heartburn drugs
4. Too much anti-inflammatory drugs
5. Illegal drugs: cocaine, heroin, or methamphetamine
7. Too much processed food
8. High levels of phosphorus in food (such as in processed meat)
9. Too much meat or too acidic of a diet
10. Too much sugar
11. Too much diet soda
12. Too much alcohol
13. Too little sleep
14. Too much sickness (i.e., strep throat which lingers and doesn’t seem to go away). The excess antibodies can cause the kidneys to become damaged.
15. Excess use of antibiotics
16. Lack of blood supply to kidney
17. Over-kill on working out
18. Too much weight gain
19. A blow to the area of the kidney
20. Body conditions, such as diabetes or cardiovascular disease, can create one of the above traumas to the kidney
REMEDIES for What's Ailing a Kidney
In this section my article is focused on how alkaline ionized water [also scientifically known as ERW – Electronically Reduced Water] can correct, heal, or prevent each of the 20 chief ways a kidney becomes damaged (above). The studies show that it is both the Hydrogen (molecular hydrogen) in ionized water and the pH value of the alkaline ionized water that have benefits for the kidneys. The remedies are numbered in order.
I am not giving medical advice with this section. However, as a 25-year veteran educator with a strong background in physiology, biological sciences, nutrition and health, I have been truly interested in finding and using the best, most natural remedies for all physiological ailments I have come across in my life. I have found powerful answers in alkaline ionized water, and have for the last 25 years been virtually free of all illness. See my testimonial.
I have also been searching for answers to the dilemma of why we (as a nation and a world) seem to remain ignorant about how to keep the body healthy, naturally, with such a powerful remedy easily available and adequately tested by science. But, I'm afraid that may be an issue of following the money trail. Suffice it to say, I have included plenty of links to scientific articles to back up the remedies I'm sharing with you, and I encourage all people to learn how to observe their own bodies and to learn more about natural prevention and remedies. The kidneys tell us that they WILL be damaged by over-medication, so it is worth the effort it takes to learn about natural remedies for kidney ailments, as well as for all disease.
1. Regarding Hydration. Ionized water is the most hydrating water there is. Improving hydration and blood viscosity can get you started on the right road to repairing the kidney and can certainly help to prevent kidney damage. Drinking alkaline ionized water (ERW – Electronically Reduced Water) has been studied and found to be a great remedy for dehydration. It helps hydrate the blood and improve its viscosity.
2. Regarding Pain-Relief: When you drink ionized water, it is less likely that you will experience the types of body-problems that produce pain. In the event you already have taken way too many pain-killers, medications, drugs or other toxins, electronically reduced water or ionized water is also capable of helping you to detox your kidneys too. See section: Oxidative Stress & Inflammation (below).
3. Regarding Heartburn Drugs: It is far less likely that you will experience heartburn when you regularly drink ionized water. Drinking ERW (electrically reduced water or alkaline ionized water) has been demonstrated as a remedy for a heartburn & gastrointestinal disorders. However, in the event you already have had an excess of toxins, trapped in your kidneys, from heartburn drugs, drinking ionized water will help you detox them from the kidneys. See Detox section, below.
4. Regarding Anti-Inflammatory Drugs: It is unlikely that you will have need for anti-inflammatory drugs while drinking ionized water, see the special section, below, called Reduce Oxidative Stress & Inflammation. However if you already have an excess of trapped toxins from anti-inflammatory drugs in your kidney, ionized water is likely to help you detox them from the kidneys. See Detox section, below.
5. Regarding Illegal Drugs: Any type of drug can do damage to the kidneys, especially if they accumulate and the kidney cannot be detoxified. Alkaline ionized water is great at helping the kidneys to detoxify. See Detox section, below.
6. Regarding Steroids: Steroids can be inadvertently consumed when you eat meat treated with steroids. Consuming alkaline ionized water can help you detoxify these from your kidneys.
7. Regarding Processed Food: Processed food can have numerous toxins in them, which have the potential of damaging the kidneys. Alkaline ionized water can help you detox these.
8. Regarding Phosphorus: For some reason excess phosphorus can damage the kidneys. Drinking ionized water can help detox the trapped excess. See Detox section, below.
9. Regarding Too Acidic of a Diet or Metabolic Acidosis: If your kidneys are experiencing distress from too acidic of a diet, drinking alkaline ionized water can help this. It is important to help heal your kidney by reducing Metabolic Acidosis - Metabolic acidosis has been reduced with ionized alkaline water:
10.11. 12. Regarding Too Much Sugar, Diet Soda or Alcohol: Too much sugar, diet soda or alcohol are all similarly detoxed from the kidneys by drinking alkaline ionized water. Drinking ERW (electrically reduced water or alkaline ionized water) has been demonstrated as a remedy for a hangover
13. Regarding Sleep: Alkaline ionized water has a positive effect on sleep.
14. Regarding Bacterial Infections: Drinking ERW (electrically reduced water or alkaline ionized water) has been demonstrated as a remedy for a bacterial infection or prevention from such infection.
15. Regarding Antibiotics: You are less likely to be in need of antibiotics if you drink alkaline ionized water daily. But if there are already many of these trapped in your kidneys, drinking ionized water can help you flush them out. See Detox section, below.
16. Regarding Blood Viscosity: Ionized water help reduce the blood viscosity and make the blood more able to flow through the kidneys and all other organs freely. See section 1, above, for articles about ERW (ionized water) and blood viscosity.
17. Regarding Over-Exercising: Exercising is great, but if you regularly over-exercise (like in training for the Olympics or professional sports). Drinking ERW (electrically reduced water or alkaline ionized water) has been demonstrated as a remedy for the oxidative stresses of over-exercising.
18. Regarding Obesity: Being over-weight or gaining too much weight is dangerous for many reasons, but it’s particularly dangerous to the kidneys. Drinking alkaline ionized water helps to normalize weight (reduce obesity), which in turn helps relieve the stress on your kidneys
19. Regarding Kidney Injuries: Drinking electrolyzed reduced water protects against and attenuates renal injury (injury to the kidney)
20. Regarding Diabetes, Heart Disease or Other Diseases: Drinking ERW (electrically reduced water or alkaline ionized water) has been demonstrated as a prevention for diabetes or alleviation from the oxidative stress of diabetes and hundreds of other diseases.
Special Section - Reduce Oxidative Stress & Inflammation:
Oxidative stress and inflammation are responsible for so many diseases, it's impossible to count them all. Drinking Ionized Water or Hydrogen Water has a protective effect on nerves, cells and organs, because it directly alleviates oxidative stress.
Special Section on DETOX: Drinking alkaline ionized water helps to Detox Kidneys
Detoxing can help heal kidneys and prevent kidney damage in the first place. Increase urinary excretion of toxins and excess minerals: Drinking ionized water helps to eliminate toxins, toxic metals, and excess mineral buildup in the kidneys.
Special Section on Dialysis: What Does One Do About End-Stage Renal Disease, When the Kidneys are Already so Diseased That Dialysis is Needed?
For doctors, applying it to patients with End-Stage Renal Disease: In Dialysis the adding of molecular hydrogen (H 2) or using ERW in dialysis solution is effective as an anti-inflammatory agent. [ERW – Electrically Reduced Water, Ionized Water, Hydrogen Water, Hydrogen Gas]