A Sample of a Water Analysis, and Why You Should Get Your Free Water Analysis Before Purchasing a Water Ionizer
Anyone can call or email us at Alkaline Water Plus to take advantage of our free water analysis. Here are some of the reasons why you should take advantage of this free offer:
- It’s free, so why not?
- You might as well make sure your ionized water is also perfectly filtered water.
- Depending on what water ionizer you choose, your water ionizer may already filter out everything you want it to. In this case it would be nice to know that for peace of mind.
- However if the water ionizer you choose doesn’t filter out something specific that’s in your water, you should know that. This way you can make educated choices. Sometimes there are easy-to-install pre-filters that for an extra few pennies a day will make your water perfect. Whenever I do a water analysis I comb over your water report, and let you know anything I find that should be pre-filtered, and give you suggestions as to how to remove the contaminants properly.
Sample Water Analysis for a Water Ionizer Customer
Here’s a sample report I just did for a customer today. The customer had purchased a Chanson Miracle Max water ionizer [which only comes with a small spun-fiber carbon filter]. The Miracle Max water ionizer would not filter out all of the contaminants. Here’s the analysis:
Here’s a copy of their water quality report: http://www.gemgrp.com/eReports/CNVT000047Y15.pdf
It would be most informative for you to open this document and scroll down to the chart and follow along as you read the rest of this email:
Comments about Contaminants Adversely Affecting Your Water:
1. Arsenic: ND means None Detected, but there are times of the year that up to 2 ppb [parts per billion] were detected. There’s no “violation”, but it’s desirable to eliminate all arsenic.
2. Fecal Colform and E. Coli: This municipality is in violation of health/safety guidelines and they explain in the report that they’re not sure why. They are doing and have done many things to try to handle, but aren’t sure till the next round of tests whether what they’re doing will handle it.
3. Fluoride: This water is not over the set health limits, but any Fluoride in water is unhealthy according to several studies world-wide implicating this mineral is just as toxic as lead. Health agencies in the US are still in debate over this issue.
4. Lead: The goal is that no lead should be in the water, and this water has 2 ppb. It’s a small amount, but still is desirable to be removed.
5. Manganese: It’s not specifically a violation, but this water has more than what is desirable to have in drinking water.
6. Nitrates: This water is not in violation, but it’s desirable to remove all nitrates and nitrites.
Other: The water hardness of this water is 68 ppm. which is a medium hardness and is not a problem at all.
Suggested Pre-Filters: I suggest that this customer purchase the “PureEasy 2 Filter System for City Water With Fluoride” with the following choices:
As a side-note: The water quality in Burlington is bad, but a few things to mention on the positive side are:
- The water hardness is just right. This is a big deal, because excess hardness is difficult to remove.
- There is no uranium or other radio-active contaminants in the water. Great! These are also hard to remove. Only reverse osmosis will remove this properly.
- No Chromium 6 either…that’s great. Only reverse osmosis will remove this properly.
- The fact that all contaminants in the above customer’s water can be removed without necessitating reverse osmosis is a great thing. Reverse osmosis is extreme filtration, and the issues with it are considerable, such as water waste, slow water-flow, expense, and storage space to name just a few. However, even with all that said, I have many happy customers who do use our reverse osmosis remineralizer system which was made specifically for use with water ionizers.
What’s Typical for a Water Analysis?
In fact, most customers who request a water analysis from us don’t have E. Coli or bacteria concerns. The rest of the above concerns are typical of most water supplies. If the above customer didn’t have E. Coli or bacteria concerns, then I would have recommended she get a different water filter system.
How to Get Your Own Water Quality Report
Municipalities are required now to post their water quality reports online. What I usually do to find someone's water quality report is: I go to a search browser and enter in the person's zip code and the words "water quality report". This usually gets me several results. From those results I try to pick one that's in a pdf format and the most recent date possible. Sometimes I have to open a few pages before I find the right one, but I often get it on the first try.
Feel free to contact me directly about your water quality questions.
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by Email
Get every post sent to your email address.
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.