Colorectal cancer is so life-threatening that statistics show almost 5% of both men and women are at risk of getting it, and once diagnosed the odds of living past 5 years (even with all the latest and greatest treatment) is very grim. The American Cancer Society predicts 101,420 new cases of colon cancer and 44,180 new cases of rectal cancer just this year. The death toll for colorectal cancer is expected to be 51,000, just in the year 2019.
Can You Prevent Colorectal Cancer or Cure It?
Don't wait to get colorectal cancer before you do something about it. The obvious answer is to prevent colorectal cancer before you get it.
Only 65% of those diagnosed with colorectal cancer ever even live past 5 years. This doesn't mean the other 45% cured it or even lived well for those remaining years. I've only known two people who had this awful disease, and they both died within two grueling years. By grueling, I mean that what they went through to try to fix this condition was ungodly and their lives were awful for the entire time before they finally died.
What Do We Know About Preventing Colorectal Cancer?
We actually know a good deal about preventing colorectal cancer. Dr. Shinya, the inventor of the colonoscopy, has helped thousands of his patients prevent the inevitable colorectal cancer that he could see (in his colonoscopy observations) was inevitable. He developed a diet to help his patients alkalize their bodies, and this diet included drinking at least 8 glasses of alkaline ionized water daily. You need to see the video (below) to believe this.
- Most people do not realize that the colon and intestines are meant to be alkalized.
- Dr. Hiromi Shinya has taught us quite a lot about diseases of the colon, including cancer, and how to prevent them.
- See below for more references related to the causes of cancer.
About Dr. Shinya: Dr. Shinya is the inventor of the colonoscopy (1967). He also developed the electrosurgical polypectomy snare (which you can see used in this video).
It is a big deal that Dr. Shinya suggests ALKALINE IONIZED WATER and an alkaline diet for his patients. Of all people in the world who would know the direct effects of alkaline ionized water on the colon and rectum it would be Dr. Shinya. He is the foremost doctor in this field. He does before/after videos of his patients' colonoscopies to show the improvements his patients have made in their colon and rectal health over the months of following his healthy-colon guidelines. Dr. Shinya really has hands-on knowledge about colon health and his statistics show that he is a master of natural, dietary, colorectal cancer prevention techniques.
See the following video either on this page (in your browser) or on youtube. WARNING, this video has graphic content that may be objectionable. It shows actual colonoscopies being done of both diseased and healthy colons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCEN-6Q4Hyk&feature=youtu.be .
Dr. Hiromi Shinya's Colorectal Cancer Prevention Diet Plan
Dr. Shinya has seen the benefits of ionized water, and always puts drinking plenty of ionized water into his patients' colorectal cancer prevention diet plans. In addition to drinking plenty of good, healing, ionized water, Dr. Shinya advises you develop eating habits that are healthy for your colon and GI Tract health. He advocates daily exercise, rest/sleep, and being stress-free. He also advises you to take enzymes and eat in such a way as to maintain high enzyme-levels in your colon. He suggests you avoid chemicals, additives and other unnatural foods. In other words, we should all try to get back to nature with our daily diet plans. Here is a summary of Dr. Shinya's plan.
- Drink good water (alkaline ionized water) 6-10 cups per day.
- Eat 85% plant-based foods.
- 45% whole grains (cooked, but not cleaned)
- 30% green veggies & roots
- 10% seeds, nuts, fruits
- Eat 15% fish, eggs or chicken (fish is best; small fish have less mercury)
- Good supplements to add:
- Iodized sea salt, rather than regular table salt
- Raw or fermented foods
- Fish oil
- Foods or Substances to
- Dairy products (ex., milk, cheese).
- Fried foods
- Coffee & tea
- Drugs (decrease dependence on drugs and medicines)
- Red meat
- Good Habits:
- Don’t eat for 3-4 hours before sleeping
- Chew more (30-50 times)
- When consuming fruit, do this 30-60 min. before meals (not with or after meals)
- Moderate daily exercise
- Daily bowel movements
- Get enough sleep
- Happy, good living will boost wellness
Dr. Shinya strongly encourages you to eat fermented foods, avoid milk and milk products, take vitamins and minerals (and enzymes), and be disciplined with the food you eat.
More References Related to the Cause of Cancer
Cancer has been postulated to be caused primarily by damage to the mitochondria within our cells. Mitochontrial damage is further theorized to be caused by acidification within the cells. Here are some related references.
- Dr. Otto Warburg (Nobel Prize winner) has taught us that cancer has a primary cause which is related to the damage of mitochontria: “Cancer, above all other diseases, has countless secondary causes. But, even for cancer, there is only one prime cause. "Summarized in a few words, the prime cause of cancer is the replacement of the respiration of oxygen in normal body cells by a fermentation of sugar." Otto Warburg https://www.alkalinewaterplus.com/manage/content/blog/post/1194
- Warburg theory of cancer suggests "the main driver of tumorigenesis is an insufficient cellular respiration caused by insult to mitochondria." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3581248/
- "Acidosis” is a real phenomenon, but that it is now known to contribute to a wide range of diseases, such as metabolic syndrome, cancer, osteoporosis, kidney stones, and increased susceptibility to environmental toxins—and new research is adding to the list." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4566456/
- "The high activity produces an acidic microenvironment that leads to increased metastatic ability of the tumor cells." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3849184/
- "Acidification of the extracellular space increases the number and size of tumor cell..."https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6595206/
- Acidosis: An Old Idea Validated by New Research https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4566456/