How Can you Tell if a Water Ionizer is Superior?
How can you tell if a water ionizer is superior?
The two most important ways to compare water ionizers are:
1. Compare the pH, ORP [antioxidant potential], and rH [relative Hydrogen] that the water ionizers can produce [The only way to do this is through side-by-side comparisons, such as I have done and explained on my Water Ionizer Comparison Page]
2. Compare the water ionizers’ internal cleaning systems.
Why do I say you should compare the water ionizers’ cleaning systems? A good cleaning system is the only way your water will be able to continue to produce the best ionized water in years to come. It’s very important to keep the electrodes clean [not just clean them periodically]. The electrodes are the “heart” of the water ionizer. If the electrodes can be kept squeaky clean, then your water ionizer will continue to be able to produce the best, high pH, low ORP [high antioxidant], water as if it was brand new out of the box! If the water ionizer isn’t kept internally cleaned well enough, then the electrodes will develop a calcium film [or scale build up] on them. This will reduce the water ionizer’s capacity to ionize water over the months and years. Ideally, one should set up all the water ionizers in one location, and use them equally, and test them periodically to then see which water ionizer continues to be the best — over time. But, short of that, we can predict this pretty well by looking at the cleaning systems to see which are the best.
I’ll tell you a story which demonstrates the reason I know the Melody and Athena water ionizers have the best cleaning systems.
My sister has what’s called a “batch water ionizer”. This is a water ionizer where it has two chambers. You pour water into one chamber, and turn the water ionizer knob “on”…then 20 minutes later all the acid water has been pulled to the other chamber and the alkaline water has been retained in the first chamber. This is an inferior water ionizer to the ones I sell by the way, because the water doesn’t get filtered. Also, the water is ionized about the same as the major water ionizers sold today, but the process takes so long [it’s very inconvenient]. But, back to my story. My sister used to have to soak her electrodes every 6 months because they developed scale-build-up on them But she learned a trick to keep them clean without having to do the 6 month cleaning. She showed me her trick a few months ago, and here’s what she did: After each use, she turned the electrodes 180 degrees so the electrode in the acidic chamber was now in the alkaline chamber and vise-versa. This little trick has kept the electrodes extremely clean! That is basically what the design for the Melody and the Athena does. It flips the internal chambers around with each glass of ionized water you pour. This prevents scale build-up, and therefore keeps those plates clean!
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by Email
Get every post sent to your email address.
- Molecular Hydrogen Explained
- H2- Power Over Diabetes & Other Diseases
- Ionized Water & Pregnancy
- Structured Water: Why Our Bodies Need It
- Why You Should Not Buy a 9, 11 or 13-Plate Water Ionizer
- Athena H2 Water Ionizer Review
- X-Blue Water Ionizer Review
- Smart 7P Water Ionizer Review
- Vesta GL Water Ionizer Review
- Jupiter Athena Water Ionizer Review
- Melody Water Ionizer Review
- Venus Water Ionizer Review
- Ultra-Delphi Water Ionizer Review
- Tyent Water Ionizer Review
- Bawell Water Ionizer Review
- AirWaterLife, Real Spirit, Aqua Ionizer Deluxe Water Ionizer Review
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.