Using Ionized Water for Cleaning and Cooking
Ionized water is so versatile it can be used to replace almost all of the normal chemicals people use in their homes. At least it really minimizes the amount of chemicals I use around the house, plus I can make much healthier meals and drinks when I use ionized water to cook or prepare my food.
How to Use a Water Ionizer for Cleaning and Other Household Jobs
A water ionizer can produce chemical-free cleaning agents to use around the house. I like my household jobs to be chemical-free, so it’s a big deal for me that a water ionizer has this capability. For only pennies a gallon. you too can have access to these amazing cleaning and therapeutic agents that your water ionizer can make for you. Read on to learn about all the ways I have used water ionizers. Ionized water helps me clean, sanitize and do other household jobs naturally, with no chemicals.
Ionized Water as an Effective Cleaning Agent for Cutting Through Grease and Grime:
The cleaning, de-greasing power of 11 pH alkaline ionized water is often better than any other detergent I’ve used for thoroughly cleaning grease and grime. You can use alkaline ionized water (with pH of 10.5 to 11.5) as an effective grease-cutter on fabric, rugs, stoves, etc. (you name it). Let your imagination soar with this one. Here are some general instructions of how to use ionized water as a natural, healthy de-greaser:
- Any alkaline ionized water will do, but to get the best de-greaser you should set your water ionizer on the highest alkaline level (about 11 pH) and pour the ionized water at the slowest speed possible.
- Water ionizers often have power-boosting or programming capabilities, so learn the features of your water ionizer to learn how to set it to get the maximum grease-cutting power from strong ionized water. We list these instructions on the product pages for all of our water ionizers.
- Some water ionizers will produce stronger alkaline water for cleaning purposes than others. All water ionizers will make strong alkaline cleaning water, but if you want the best in strong alkaline ionized water I suggest the 9-Plate Vesta H2 or the 13-Plate Ionia’s Best Super-Sanitizing Water Ionizer.
- Use your 11 pH grease-cutting alkaline water right away. It’s strongest when it’s freshly poured (that day).
- Sometimes I want to cut grease and grime, but also want the surface to shine and be free of germs. In this case it takes two steps: 1) I will use high alkaline ionized 11 pH de-greasing water to clean off all grease, dirt and grime (there is a germ-killing effect of this too), then 2) I will rinse with strong acidic ionized water (2.5 to 4 pH). Acidic water comes out of the bottom hose when you’re pouring strong alkaline ionized water out of the top). Acidic water below 4 pH will kill germs. It is also super soft and free of the various minerals that prevent a surface from shining.
The effectiveness and variety of uses for the high-alkaline, natural, detergent-water are surprising, so I’ve listed several types of cleaning jobs that I’ve personally used (and love) here. Sometimes with a stubborn stain, I have to use a little soap too, but ionized water sure does a great job to break up the stains so they can be removed without harsh chemicals. And it usually does this all by itself (with nothing else added).
- Removing chocolate stains
- Removing blood stains
- Gentle hand-washing of clothing
- Cleaning around the kitchen and bathroom
- Cleaning the workroom or shed
- Cleaning a deck (wood or concrete)
- Cleaning a floor, wall or trim around the doorways
- Cleaning fruit and vegetables
One thing I really like about a water ionizer is that it helps me get natural acidic water. Acidic water is very stable and can be stored forever without losing its pH and germ-killing properties. I fill spray bottles with acidic water and place them around the house, so I always have acidic water on hand. I only have to refill these bottles when they’re empty (which is usually about every month).
Ionized Water as an Effective Cleaning Agent for Glass or Other Shiny Surfaces:
I clean all my glass and shiny surfaces with acidic water from my water ionizer. Acidic water is very soft, because it has so few alkaline minerals in it. Soft water is the best water to clean without streaking or leaving a residue.
I try to get the lowest acidic level I can without using a saline port. Using a saline port will allow you to get a lower acidic pH, however it may dull the surface, because there is some sodium chloride in that acidic water.
The most common ways I use acidic water are:
- I moisten a paper towel with acidic water to clean mirrors and windows around the house.
- I use acidic water to clean my floors, counters, bathroom, walls and most other surfaces.
- I use acidic water of course for watering all my plants.
- I use acidic water in my seed-sprouter to get the best sprouts ever.
- I add acidic water to my spa, periodically, to balance off the pH to the level I want.
Ionized Water as an Effective Sanitizer for Air, Skin, Cuts/Scrapes, or Hard Surfaces:
Strong acidic water is a great sanitizer. When you want to sanitize, the pH of the acidic water should be 4 or below in order to kill germs. With a pH of 4 it will kill germs after several seconds or a minute of contact. If you use a pH of 2.5 or below, it will kill germs on contact, instantly.
The best way to get low acidic water, at a pH of 2.5 to 4, is to set your water ionizer on the highest level and power-boosting setting, then pour it at the slowest flow-rate. What I do is collect the strong acidic water from the bottom hose at the same time I am collecting the strong alkaline water from the top spout.
Here are the two main types of acidic water.
1. When you set the ionizer to the strongest level and pour it slowly, you can collect the strongest alkaline water from the top flexi-hose and the strongest acidic water from the bottom hose.
2. An even stronger acidic water can be made if your water ionizer has a saline port. Strong acidic water made with saline is going to contain an extra sanitization molecule, called hypochlorous acid. If you want hospital strength sanitization it is best to use saline in the ionization process. Saline boosts ionization to its strongest potential. However, saline will leave a residue. For this reason, even when I kill the germs with the strongest acidic water made with saline, I will want to rinse the surface with a non-saline acidic water of about 4 pH.
Augment Items in Your Medicine Cabinet with Natural-Healing Ionized Water
Here are some alternative-healing uses of ionized water that I do in my home, because I like to live a natural and healthy chemical-free lifestyle.
- Poison Ivy or other itchy skin rashes: Use alkaline ionized water to draw out the poisons from the area. After the itching subsides, use strong acidic water to kill germs.
- Cuts and scratches: Use alkaline ionized water to clean the area and draw out toxins. Use strong acidic water to kill germs.
- Headaches: What I do for an easy answer to a headache is just drink more alkaline ionized water. Usually that is all that’s needed.
- A quick wake-me-up: What I do for a quick boost when I feel tired is to drink some alkaline ionized water. It has antioxidants that go right into every cell of the body to wake it all up pretty quickly.
- Preventative Medicine: I have used alkaline ionized water as a preventative measure all day long to help me stay healthy, and I will drink extra if I ever feel at all less than perfect. It has been years since I had even so much as a cold or allergy. I have experienced the healing benefits of ionized water over a 25-year period, and it is the most impactful thing I've ever used to help me stay healthy. See my testimonial.
Cooking with Ionized Water
I always use alkaline ionized water for cooking wherever water is normally used. Ionized water makes whatever it is taste better. Here are some examples:
- Coffee, tea, smoothies and other drinks will all taste better if made with alkaline ionized water.
- Soups will be healthier and tastier with alkaline ionized water.
- Boiling rice, potatoes, eggs or vegetables in alkaline ionized water will make them more tasty and nutritious.
- Soak meat in 11 pH alkaline ionized water to tenderize it. If you add seasoning to that water it will soak into the meat better too.
- Soak fruit and vegetables in 11 pH alkaline ionized water to help wash off pesticides and other dirt and chemicals related to farming.