A New Kind of Study of Ionized Water:
In late fall of 2018 a new kind of study for ionized water (alkaline electrolyzed water) was done, which focused on the health benefits of ionized water for already healthy people. Would drinking ionized water make them healthier? (Name of Study: Daily Ingestion of Alkaline Electrolyzed Water)
In the introduction to the study, the researchers discuss how gastrointestinal benefits of drinking ionized water were already proven for decades. Earlier studies have fully demonstrated that alkaline electrolyzed water helps people with gastrointestinal disorders. The Japanese Health Ministry recognizes that alkaline electrolyzed water (AEW) improves gastrointestinal health. It neutralizes gastric acid, improves intestinal bacterial flora and improves other gastrointestinal conditions.
How The New Research Was Different
The Japanese researchers in this study were more interested in selecting subjects who weren't complaining of gastrointestinal or any other health issues in particular. The purpose was to simply see if just average people showed benefits from drinking alkaline electrolyzed water.
The subjects selected were completely random people who didn't complain of health issues. They were separated into two comparable groups for the trial. None of the subjects were made aware of which group they were in or the nature of what kind of water they were drinking.
Do Average People Show Benefits From Drinking Ionized Water?
The purpose of this study was to take a good look at average people and at other benefits of ionized water. This was a double-blind study, meaning that neither the subject nor the administrator was given data about the type of water given to them. The study showed significant improvements on the part of those (average people) drinking alkaline electrolyzed water, as described below.
About the Study
Subjects in the AEW Group drank alkaline electrolyzed water, and subjects in the PW Group drank purified water (they were the control group). All subjects were instructed to drink 7 oz. water upon waking up and then at least 10 more ounces throughout the rest of the day.
Electric water ionizers were used to make the AEW (alkaline electrolyzed water). The pH of the water was 9.2 for the AEW Group and 7.6 for the other group.
Before, during and after the trial blood tests, physical fitness evaluations and questionnaire evaluations were conducted.
Here are the results:
- Sleep Quality: There was a huge improvement in sleep quality for those who drank AEW reported and only a slight improvement in sleep quality with the other group.
- How Good One Feels When Awake: There was also a huge improvement in how good they feel when awake of those in the AEW group and a slight improvement in this for the other group.
- Physical Reaction Time: A huge number, 66%, of the AEW group decreased (improved) their reaction time and only 38% of the PW group decreased (improved) their reaction time.
- Balance & Endurance: Another physical trial was the length of time one can stand on one leg with eyes closed. A huge number, 68%, of the AEW group increased their balance and endurance and only 45% of the PW group improved this.
- Other physical tests, such as forward bend, verticle jump, and sit-ups, showed no significant difference before and after for either group.
- Both groups had an increase in urinary frequency. This is good for both groups. Urinating is a way for our bodies to remove toxins.
- Neither group had heartburn, bloating issues, aches, pains or other symptoms before or after the trial. This is good. It shows it doesn't hurt to drink water.
- Blood tests were normal for both groups before and after the trial.
- Bowel Movements: There was a significant improvement in the quality of stools for the AEW Group In the PW group there was a slight change noted, but no significant improvement.
I Can Fully Relate With the Results of This Study
I look at the improvements of the people drinking alkaline ionized (electrolyzed) water in this study, and can fully compare them with my own experiences in drinking alkaline ionized water. This trial was for only four weeks, and already there were significant improvements in sleep, a sense of feeling good when awake, improvements in balance, endurance, and reaction time (which is a mental function) and improvements in bowel movements.
I remember how thoroughly changed my life was after my first year of drinking ionized water. I went from many symptoms to none, from many colds to none, from many allergies to none, and this was true of my children too.
To read more articles about alkaline ionized water research, please visit my Research Page.
Here is a link to the study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6352572/