Nutrition, Health, Dieting and Alkaline Ionized Water
The hundreds of stories I hear, about alkaline ionized water, combined with my own experience of drinking alkaline ionized water for about 18 years, give me a unique perspective on nutrition, health, and dieting. In addition to having so much experience with my favorite nutritional booster [alkaline ionized water] I’ve also spent hundreds of hours of my free time over the years studying nutrition, health and dieting as a science. So, today’s blog is all about my personal thoughts and suggestions for…
Nutrition, Health, and Dieting as it relates to Alkaline Ionized Water.
Keep in mind that I’m not providing you with medical advice, just plain common sense as seen through my experienced eyes.
1st Piece of Advice: Drink Alkaline Ionized Water!
Ionized water gives your body the alkaline buffers it needs to stay balanced in your weight loss. It also gives an abundance of antioxidants, which help to fight off free-radical damage and infections.
2nd Piece of Advice: Use Moderation
Moderation is important for both nutrition and dieting. I have a stable nutritional rule that works real well for me, and I’ll share that with you.
If it tastes so good “you can’t only eat just one” then stay away from it.[Background: I might be dating myself, but remember that old “Lays Potato Chips” ad? The one where someone says, “it tastes too good to eat just one”? What a great advertisement for promoting addiction that ad was! With a slight variation I have it worked out for myself as a perfect mantra for helping me become aware of the worst things for my body: If it tastes so good “you can’t only eat just one” then stay away from it.]
What is the cause of overweight?
Much of it boils down to poor nutrition, of course your body needs a certain amount of exercise, but in the short term over-weight-ness is related to a series of wrong choices of food consumption. Foods that don’t satisfy you are wrong choices of food to eat. Foods that are too tasty are probably also wrong choices if they are addictive in their tastiness.
Examples of Good Choices:
- Ionized water [in abundance]
- Whole, uncooked, and non-juiced, veggies and fruits [in abundance]
- Whole grains [in moderation]
- Balance in foods consumed over the course of a day [proteins, carbs, etc.] [in moderation]
Poor Nutrition leads to poorer nutrition, and eventually poor health of course. It also can lead to obesity.
Examples of Poor Choices:
- Soft drinks
- Sugary foods
- Refined Carbohydrates [or carbs in over-abundance]
- Over-cooked vegetables [like what you get in cans]
- Over-cooked meats [or meat in over-abundance]
- Fats [in over-abundance] [chips, fries…]
To ensure good nutrition I suggest the following:
- Drink plenty of alkaline ionized water. This will hydrate you, help get rid of toxins, help to protect your cells from free-radical damage [oxidation], give you more energy, and much more.
- Don’t buy foods that are too tempting
- Save your money and eat at home [rather than tempting fast-food places]
- Limit the poor choices to none or almost none [depending on your will-power*].
*Surprising Insight into Will-Power: What I have found about will-power is that it actually takes less will-power to have none of certain foods than it does to have just a little of it. So if you think your will-power is low, then choose none of the poor-food-choice category. It’s easier to stick to. Sugary foods are an example of that kind of food for me. What I have to do is simply have none in the category of sweets whenever I want to lose weight. Whole, non-juiced and uncooked fruits are okay, but even allowing a little bit of refined, sugary foods opens the door [for me] for over-indulgence in the sweets department. If it’s any consolation, though, it takes about 3 days for your body to adjust to a new diet routine. If it’s a healthy diet routine, you should be on easy-street [in the cravings department] once your body adjusts to it.
Another Surprising Necessity Related to Losing Weight …
Is… to eat. Starving triggers the body’s mechanisms to store fat. You don’t want to trigger that. So eat. But eat in moderation.
So, If you are attempting to lose weight I suggest the following:
- Eat. Do not not-eat. Do not starve. But, make sure to make good choices [see above] in what you eat.
- Use moderation.
- Drink lots of alkaline ionized water. [Advice for drinking ionized water: If you are mixing it with sweeteners, then do this in moderation. Don’t do it with every glass. Do not heat the water…or if you do, then heat it infrequently. Heating loses most of the ionization benefits right away. Try to drink the ionized water fresh rather than hours old. Try to not blend or whip the ionized water. That causes you to lose much of your ORP [antioxidant benefits].]
- Poor choices for mixing with ionized water.
- Good choices for drinks made with ionized water.
- Squeeze a slice of fresh lemon, sweeten with Stevia, and mix slowly.
- Steep a green-tea bag in room-temperature ionized water and sweeten with Stevia. Mix slowly.
- Poor choices for mixing with ionized water.
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by Email
Get every post sent to your email address.
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.