It is important to know where a water ionizer is manufactured for a few good reasons.
- Water ionizers manufactured in Korea or Japan are more reliable. In those countries water ionizers are considered to be medical instruments, and they are regulated closely.
- Knowing which specific factory a water ionizer was made in is extremely important, because poor quality components can be dangerous to the consumer. A water ionizer is something the consumer will use for many years [maybe 15 or 20] and many thousands of families will rely on the entirety of their drinking water to be coming from this one water ionizer. Also, the years of use could be a lot less with a water ionizer made with poor quality components.
- Things like the quality of the plates, electronics, and water filtration are all of utmost importance. With an unreliable manufacturer, you will never know what kind of corners they cut in order to save money. In China, for instance, they will use titanium-platinum alloy most often in the plate design. They also may use gold instead of platinum. These techniques cut their expenses tremendously, but at the consumer’s expense in the long run.
- Alloys are not necessarily safe to use in water ionizers, and should not be used. They won’t give as efficient ionization, but more importantly, they may leach toxins into the water eventually.
- The quality of the water ionizer’s electronic components is tremendously important to the longevity of the water ionizer. Clearly, knowing the reputation of the manufacturer for producing high-quality electronic equipment is essential in making a good choice in water ionizers. Even if everything else looks great, if the equipment fails after only a short span of use, it is not worth much. China is great for making wonderful-looking equipment which fails to last very long.
- The overall design of the water ionizer is another very important thing to consider. Because they are the originators of water ionizers as we know it and have been doing this for over 30 years, the engineers and scientific community in Japan and Korea are much more knowledgeable and experienced in designing efficient and reliable water ionizers.
- Who will be around to service the water ionizer 10 or 20 years into the future is another important question to ask. There are ethical standards that I look for in working with a water ionizer company or importer. One standard that I think is very important is the full disclosure of who the manufacturer is, as well as all of the details about the water ionizer’s construction. But another thing I look for in an importer is their honesty. I look for signs, when I’m checking out a company to work with. Are they straight forward? Do they answer important questions? Or will they only give you important answers if you ask the right questions?
Make sure that when you check out a water ionizer company, you check out where the water ionizer is manufactured. Sometimes you will not find this information on their website.
I’m obviously not going to trust a product if I don’t know where it’s made.
I’ll by China glassware, paper goods, or that type of thing from a Chinese company, but as far as water ionizers, or any electronics, it is just too hard to know if they are going to be healthy to use or of a quality that will last. The Japanese and Korean countries really scrutinize the manufacture of water ionizers, because they are considered medical devices in those countries [and probably there’s a higher ethic in those countries]. I hate to say it, but even the US wouldn’t be a good reliable country for the manufacture of water ionizers, because it’s so new to us that there aren’t knowledgeable enough people to scrutinize the production here. It is a common trick to say “Made in the USA”, which may impress some people [although with electronics or water ionizers it usually doesn’t impress me], when often parts were purchased from China, India, etc. and then assembled in the USA.
Water Ionizers & Safe Plastics
I’ve recently viewed a video stating that the Real Spirit ionizer is the only one that uses safe plastics. It's a bit of a scam for this guy to imply his water ionizer is the only one with safe plastics. Upon close inspection and investigation at least of all of the ionizers that I sell, they all use NSA approved, BPA-Free, Non-Leaching, Food-Grade, Highest quality safe plastics.
A Korean-Made Low-Priced, But High-Quality, Water Ionizer
If you’re reading this post and want to buy a reliable low-priced water ionizer, I highly suggest the Nexus water ionizers,which are names and products that are more established than any other and can be trusted.
Read more about Chinese water ionizers.
Read more about Nexus, Korean water ionizers.
What is UL?UL stands for Underwriters’ Laboratories. This is a privately owned company that specializes in safety and quality inspections. They were established in 1894 and do many different kinds of tests on each one of the products that they certify. Their mission statement includes promoting safety and preventing loss of life and property. They [...]
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by Email
Get every post sent to your email address.
- Molecular Hydrogen Explained
- H2- Power Over Diabetes & Other Diseases
- Ionized Water & Pregnancy
- Structured Water: Why Our Bodies Need It
- Why You Should Not Buy a 9, 11 or 13-Plate Water Ionizer
- Athena H2 Water Ionizer Review
- X-Blue Water Ionizer Review
- Smart 7P Water Ionizer Review
- Vesta GL Water Ionizer Review
- Jupiter Athena Water Ionizer Review
- Melody Water Ionizer Review
- Venus Water Ionizer Review
- Ultra-Delphi Water Ionizer Review
- Tyent Water Ionizer Review
- Bawell Water Ionizer Review
- AirWaterLife, Real Spirit, Aqua Ionizer Deluxe Water Ionizer Review
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.