Electrolyte Balance in the Body is Supported by Ionized Water!
One of the benefits of ionized water is that it provides you with water that is abundant in electrolytes. Electrolytes are substances which are ionic and help the body to carry out its electrical functions.
Drinking ionized water throughout the day also gives our bodies the means of eliminating excess electrolytes, when needed, to achieve the proper balances. Your body pretty much knows what to do in order to balance all of the electrolytes it needs, however if you deny it the basic ingredient of water it won’t be able to do this job properly.
Drinking water without electrolytes can lead to low electrolyte concentrations in the body.
Athletes are usually aware of the dangers of reducing their electrolyte balance, but due to so much false information in the marketplace athletes are often steered into buying inferior products, such as Gatorade. Ionized water is a far better source of water to drink for the highest athletic performance.
The Importance of Electrolytes:
Our bodies need electrolytes [ionic minerals], such as sodium, chloride, potassium, calcium, magnesium phosphate and bicarbonate in order to carry out a multitude of electrical functions. Electrolytes are named appropriately, because they help the body create the needed “electricity” to carry out daily functions, such as movement, heartbeat and the transport of nutrients in and out of cells. Other than sodium, we usually don’t hear of problems with consuming too many electrolytes. The reason for this is that when we drink enough water our bodies have the capability of either eliminating or storing excess electrolytes. The reason sodium is such a problem is that salt is added to so many foods we buy at the store. Processed salt, is too heavily concentrated with sodium, contains man-made chemicals and is void of the naturally healthy trace minerals that it should contain.
Here are some examples of the importance of electrolytes:
- Sodium helps to balance fluid levels in your body. Too much sodium concentration in the blood can cause you to experience excessive fluid retention. High sodium levels can be cause by either consuming too much sodium; not drinking enough water; or both. Too high sodium concentrations can also give the same symptoms as dehydration [dry mouth and confusion] whether you not you are dehydrated. If your sodium levels are too high combined with potassium levels being too low over a long period of time you may be a candidate for a heart attack. Drinking water helps to lower the sodium concentration levels of the fluids in the body.
- You don’t want to dilute your sodium levels too much though. Your body needs balance. If your sodium levels are too low you may experience a headaches, muscle weakness or confusion.
- Low calcium, magnesium or potassium-levels can cause muscle cramping or spasms.
- If your potassium levels are too low you may feel muscle weakness or cramping, headaches, low blood pressure, constipation, headaches, nervousness or irritability. A more serious deficiency may cause heart irregularities, excessively dry skin, and even heart attack.
- Low magnesium levels can cause muscle twitching or cramps, nausea, and fatigue. Magnesium helps to regulate various nutrients in the body, including electrolytes, so insufficient magnesium can also cause many of the same symptoms listed for low calcium, sodium or potassium levels, above.
Beware of Excess and Extreme Water Filtration
There are many naturally occurring minerals in water, such as calcium, potassium, magnesium and sodium. Certain forms of extreme filtration, such as distillation or reverse osmosis, remove all of these important and healthy minerals. Many bottled water brands use this type of extreme filtration and by drinking that water you are denying yourself the benefits of the healthy minerals you could be getting if you filtered your own water and then ionized it.
With water ionizers you can set it up to provide just the right filtration. Water ionizers often already come with pretty good filters to remove unwanted contaminants, such as heavy metals and chlorine. At the same time they concentrate and ionize the healthy minerals/electrolytes and make them bio-available by giving them an antioxidant-rich negative charge.
Best Sources for Electrolytes
- For potassium, magnesium, phosphorous, and calcium: vegetables and fruits, such as spinach, broccoli, and bananas are a great source.
- For sodium and chloride the best source is Himalayan salt. Put together, sodium and chloride combine to make common salt. The best source is natural, unprocessed, such as Himalayan salt which does not contain man-made chemicals and has a long list of extremely beneficial trace minerals as well.
- Bicarbonate is composed of Oxygen, Hydrogen and Carbon. Your body can make its own bicarbonate, and does, from carbon dioxide and water. Bicarbonate levels can be found to be low where a person consumes too many acids and an insufficiently alkaline diet.
- Ionized water: Ionized water can help to preserve your body’s natural bicarbonate levels, by not demanding the overuse of them. Ionized water acts in the body similarly to bicarbonate in that it provides buffers for over-acidity within the cells, but because ionized water also contains an abundance of anti-oxidants it is far superior to consume.
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by Email
Get every post sent to your email address.
- Molecular Hydrogen Explained
- H2- Power Over Diabetes & Other Diseases
- Ionized Water & Pregnancy
- Structured Water: Why Our Bodies Need It
- Why You Should Not Buy a 9, 11 or 13-Plate Water Ionizer
- Athena H2 Water Ionizer Review
- X-Blue Water Ionizer Review
- Smart 7P Water Ionizer Review
- Vesta GL Water Ionizer Review
- Jupiter Athena Water Ionizer Review
- Melody Water Ionizer Review
- Venus Water Ionizer Review
- Ultra-Delphi Water Ionizer Review
- Tyent Water Ionizer Review
- Bawell Water Ionizer Review
- AirWaterLife, Real Spirit, Aqua Ionizer Deluxe Water Ionizer Review
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.