Using a Water Ionizer: Beauty Tips
Alkaline ionized water and acidic ionized water both offer significant beauty benefits. A water ionizer is not only the healthiest thing you can use for your body, it will also help you to be the most beautiful or attractive you can be if you know how to use it right.
Beauty Tip #1: Drink lots of ionized water!
Let’s face it. If you’re not healthy you won’t look your best! Drinking lots of ionized water every day has helped countless thousands of people be more healthy [including me — for 16 years]. Being beautiful is not vanity, it is a sign of good health, overall. All of the “Beauty Tips” in this article are also, in my mind, health tips. A sound, well-balanced body [that includes organs, skin, hair, nails, weight….everything] is the key to beauty. Alkaline ionized water helps with all of that.
But, do not throw away your acidic water!
There are lots of uses for acidic water [both for health and for beauty]. Acidic ionized water is also used for watering plants, softening water for baths and laundry, disinfecting and more, but in this article I’m concentrating on beauty. Here are some surprising things that ionized acidic water can do for your beauty…and the science behind it!
Beauty Tip #2: Acidic Ionized Water [Acid Water] Beautifies Your Skin AND Makes it Healthier.
[Acidic ionized water at the 3 – 4 pH-level is perfect for neutralizing the skin.]
The Science Behind It: Your acid mantle [outermost layer] of your skin is your body’s first line of defense against bacterial, fungal or viral infections. It is important to maintain this layer of your skin [the acid mantle] at about a 5.5 pH. However, because of the nature of soaps [soaps are typically a high alkaline pH in order to emulsify and flush away oils] the acid mantle is often left at too high of a pH after bathing or showering. The consequences of this is a breakdown of the acid mantle, drying out of the skin, and roughness caused by a build-up of alkaline minerals left on the skin. Hair should be about 5.5 pH, but because of alkaline soaps and shampoos you use, the skin and hair are usually found to be way off-balanced at a higher than natural pH level. Acid water is used as a…
Skin Toner and Conditioner: Rinsing with acid water at a 3-4 pH-level helps to remove the residual alkaline minerals left from bathing, showering, shaving, or hand-washing and restore your skin to its perfect 5.5 ph-level.
What are some of the BEAUTIFUL benefits of rinsing your skin with acidic water?
- Softer skin
- Remediation of dry skin
- Remediation of flaking skin
- Greater resistance to irritations or infections
- Greater resistance to invasion by bacteria and fungus into skin and nails
- Prevention of pimples [pores become healthier]
Beauty Tip #3: Acidic Ionized Water [Acid Water] Beautifies Your Hair AND Makes it Healthier.
[Acidic ionized water at the 3 – 4 pH-level is perfect for neutralizing the hair.]
The Science Behind It: The cuticle is the outermost hair-layer surrounding each hair shaft] .
The cuticle is made of many scales that open up and let things into the hair-shaft if exposed to liquid with a high pH and, conversly, the hair-shaft closes up with a low pH. It is most beneficial to the health and beauty of your hair to close the hair cuticle.
Shampoo is most often found at a high alkaline pH. A high pH solution applied to your hair will open up the hair cuticles , and expose it to becoming dry and damaged.
When you rinse with water at a pH of about 3.0 to 4.0, this low pH water combines with the high pH of your newly washed hair and restores it to its ideal pH of about 5.5.
- Beauty Tip 3A: Use acidic ionized water [acid water] at a 3.5 pH-level as a hair rinse.
- Beauty Tip 3B: Pre-poo [pre-shampoo] your hair. Pre-pooing is where you rinse your hair before washing with acid water. Acid water can be used to make your hair more acidic [and thus close the hair cuticle] prior to washing. Use ionized acidic water [acid water] at about 3-4 pH, pour over the hair and let it sit for a couple of minutes before shampooing. The acidity closes up the hair cuticles, thus preventing the hair shaft from being exposed to and being dried out by the shampoo.] Then after you shampoo [and condition if applicable] give a final rinse to your hair with about a 3-4 pH acid water. This will again close up the hair cuticles and protect your hair from drying out or otherwise becoming damaged later on.
- Bonus Beauty Secret:Hair that has tightly closed cuticles has a smooth, shiny, silky look to it and doesn’t split at the ends.
What are some of the BEAUTIFUL benefits of rinsing your hair with acidic water?
- Smooth hair
- Shiny hair
- More vibrant color of hair [less alkaline mineral deposits on hair to film it up]
- Less static
- Strengthens hair
- Fewer or no more split-ends
- Cleaner scalp [assists to prevent or re-mediate dandruff]
- Hair doesn’t dry out.
- Hair doesn’t tangle.
- Assists with color retention [in dyed hair].
Read more about weight-loss and beauty-tips using ionized water.
Cathleen was a teacher/principal for 24 years and has been drinking ionized water for about 25 years. She created Alkaline Water Plus to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
"The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER!" Cathleen LoGrasso, Owner/CEO Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by Email
Get every post sent to your email address.
- Molecular Hydrogen Explained
- H2- Power Over Diabetes & Other Diseases
- Ionized Water & Pregnancy
- Structured Water: Why Our Bodies Need It
- Why You Should Not Buy a 9, 11 or 13-Plate Water Ionizer
- Athena H2 Water Ionizer Review
- X-Blue Water Ionizer Review
- Smart 7P Water Ionizer Review
- Vesta GL Water Ionizer Review
- Jupiter Athena Water Ionizer Review
- Melody Water Ionizer Review
- Venus Water Ionizer Review
- Ultra-Delphi Water Ionizer Review
- Tyent Water Ionizer Review
- Bawell Water Ionizer Review
- AirWaterLife, Real Spirit, Aqua Ionizer Deluxe Water Ionizer Review
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.