Question: Why Should You Drink Alkaline Ionized Water Rather than Regular or Bottled Water?
Answer: There are basically five reasons why you should drink alkaline ionized water rather than regular or bottled water:
1. Our bodies are acidic. Acid wastes from our cells, tissues and organs can’t be released into the blood and make their way out of the body unless our body has enough alkaline in it to create a neutral balance. With most people, many wastes sit in the cells for long periods or forever waiting to be eliminated. The longer acid wastes stay in the cells the greater the chances of diseases or mutations (cancers). Research shows that diseases thrive in an acid environment. The modern fast-food diets we eat, sodas we drink, and stressful lifestyles we live only make that acid environment inside our bodies worse over time. To combat this, drinking alkaline water helps to buffer this acidity and neutralize our bodies, allowing our cells to be cleansed…leading to a longer, healthier life potential and more energy on a daily basis. An interesting study was conducted by Nobel Prize winner, Dr. Alexis Carrell. Carrel did an experiment to keep cells from a chicken heart alive and healthy, reproducing new healthy cells, for 28 years [and all signs showed they could have lived on and on forever]! Chickens only live 3 years! This study proves that in the right environment cells do not “age” or become diseased. The bottom line of this research was…our cells need to be cleaned and stay cleaned [daily]. The only way to do that is to drink plenty of alkaline ionized water daily.
2. Good alkaline water ionizers use high quality filters, and you can also purchase extra pre-filters, which remove harmful substances from the water (such as chlorine and lead) and allow the good minerals (such as calcium) to pass through, so you can get the highest quality of ingredients in the water you drink – and without the bad stuff.
3. Have you ever heard of “making water wetter”? Most water clusters itself in groups of 11 – 16 molecules stuck together. These clusters are so large that it’s hard to actually penetrate through cell membranes. The process of ionizing the water splits the water into smaller clusters of 5-8 molecules and so making it easier to get the water into your cells.
4. Good water ionizers create water that is not only alkaline (to help buffer our bodies’ acidity), but also has a high “Oxidation Reduction Potential (ORP)”, as measured by an ORP meter. You’re probably more familiar with the expression “anti-oxidant”. Alkaline ionized water’s ability to act as an anti-oxidant in your body is much, much greater than regular or bottled water. As a matter of fact, research shows that bottled water is bad for you. Regular tap water, normally filtered tap water and bottled water have high oxidation potentials. That means … high potential to oxidize and damage your cells. This is the opposite of ORP. The ionization process reverses the oxidation potential of tap water and creates as much as -200 or -300 ORP, which is a high strength of antioxidant potential. Antioxidants are needed to keep our cells from oxidizing and mutating. When they mutate you see this as the body’s aging process. Severe mutations you see as cancer.
5. Alkaline ionized water using a good quality machine is cheaper than both bottled and regular water! Divide the cost of the machine (let’s say you get a machine that costs $1,800.00) by 365 days and again by 5 years (the warranty period of a good water ionizer). That is less than $1.00 per day to create all the alkaline ionized water you and your family can drink per day. Given the fact that most machines last for over 10 or even 20 years without needing repairs, it follows that your cost of water will probably be less than even 50 cents per day to drink as much water as you like. Not only that, but an even more compelling reason I say alkaline ionized water is cheaper than regular water from the tap or bottled water is because of all the preventative health benefits. Remember that old saying: “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure?” That’s what I mean by real savings!!! Look at all the doctor bills you save when you simply don’t get sick.
There are dozens of reasons not to drink bottled water
Visit my Bottled Water page to learn more about the multitudes of reasons we should all move away from the current trend of drinking bottled water.