Bottled Water Testing PH
PH Tests Show Most Bottled Water Testing PH to be Too Acidic
This video shows testing of 20 brands of bottled water testing pH and the Alkaline Plus PH Pitcher by WellBlue. For this series I focused on testing the pH-levels of the most popular bottled water brands I could find and then the Alkaline Plus Pitcher because it is so highly effective, for both alkalizing and ionizing.
Seven of the 20 brands of water testing done were neutral, but the rest of the bottled water tested was too acidic for the purposes of healthy drinking water. If you’re not sure why you should drink alkaline water for health, you should definitely visit my Benefits of Ionized Alkaline Water page.
These were the most popular bottled water brands that I could find in local stores. You probably recognize the bottles. I included a list, along with the pH test levels, at the end of this blog post.
Should You Drink Bottled Water?
There are pros and cons to drinking bottled-water. I don’t want to say that bottled water is awful. At least it's better than soda. However, there are a few things about bottled water that people should bear in mind when they consider buying it.
- Water that comes to you at your tap is not stagnant water. It's running, flowing, alive water; then filtered & treated for disinfection purposes, and then it's sent to your tap.
- Bottled water is stagnant. It has to be extremely disinfected in order to not grow algae, fungus or microorganisms while it's sitting in storage for lengthy-periods.
- The treatment of bottled water most often includes extreme filtration, such as distilled water or reverse osmosis [voiding it of all the naturally dissolved healthy minerals], and oxidized. Even if it comes from a "natural spring" it is far from "natural" by the time it gets through the bottling process.
- Plastic bottles are made from petroleum bases and they do in fact leach harmful chemicals from the petroleum into the water. Tiny plastic dust particles have also been found in bottled water. Your body detoxes plastics as part of its normal process, but the abundant use of plastic can overwhelm your body and cause health issues with kidneys, liver and with skin sores.
- Though they are “recyclable” more than 50% of all bottles [probably far more] do not get recycled. They end up in landfills or otherwise trashing up our planet.
- Great quantities of our Earth’s resources are used to bring bottled things to customers. We should pick and choose carefully what we buy in bottles. Buying water in bottles is a pure waste if you already have the resources to get it right in your kitchen sink. With a little knowledge and a few right tools you can deliver far better water to yourself with no planetary waste.
- To prevent the phenomena of stagnant, dead water, Chlorine is a disinfectant, and therefore has a role…to disinfect. When you remove it prior to long storage, you invite microorganisms to potentially grow. That's why chlorine should be filtered out of drinking water the day you drink it if possible.
- It’s very easy to filter water perfectly right at your sink. I urge you to read more about water filtration and then filter your water yourself.
Bottled Water Brands Tested:
Walmart Distilled Water 5, Walmart Spring Water 7, Gerber Pure Water 6.5, Nestle Pure Life 6.5, Walmart Drinking Water 4.5, Ice Mountain 6, Smart Water 6, Aqua Fina 5, Evian 7, Essentia 9, Function Water 6.5, Super Chill 7.5, Absopure 7.5, Fiji 7, Evamore 8, Penta 4, Poland Spring Water 5.8, Dassani 4.5, Voss 6, and Eternal 7. To view all of my bottled water and ionized water testing, visit my Bottled-Water page:
My background is in physiology, teaching, nutrition and weight loss. I have raised 5 children who are all grown now. I have a masters degree in education and was a teacher/principal for 24 years. I created Alkaline Water Plus in 2009 to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER, and I've been in perfect health ever since I started drinking ionized water 25 years ago!
Cathie LoGrasso Owner, Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by EmailUse form, below, to subscribe to our newsletter or click this link to sign up for more benefits.
Featured Posts or Pages
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.