Smart water ionizers have medical-grade-levels of molecular hydrogen. The Smart 9P water ionizer is one of the few water ionizers that I've seen get over 1.5 ppm of H2 (outstanding levels of molecular hydrogen antioxidants). In other words, this water ionizer is going to give you everything you want in a water ionizer. The Smart 9P water ionizer is also well-built and has a lifetime parts & labor warranty. This water ionizer has an attractive and slim design.
SMART WATER IONIZERS - TESTED HIGHEST H2 LEVELS
I don't know of another water ionizer that can beat the Smart water ionizers' hydrogen levels. These are outstanding levels of molecular hydrogen antioxidants.
The Smart 9P water ionizer has nine plates inside a patented DARC (double-automatic-reverse-cleaning) water cell. The DARC water cell is one of the reasons the Smart 9P water ionizer is able to produce the best levels of molecular hydrogen that I've ever found in a water ionizer of any size or price.
9 Plate Water Ionizers Are Certified Medical Equipment
Smart Water Ionizers are Certified Medical Instruments and Used in Korean and Japanese Hospitals. The water cell and plates are made in Japan and the rest of the machine is expertly manufactured by Ionia in South Korea.
Details and Specifications of the Smart 9P Water Ionizer
We have always been impressed by the ORP (oxidation reduction potential), at drinking levels, of the Smart water ionizers. But now, with further testing, we are even more impressed with the molecular hydrogen concentration in the water produced by the Smart machines.
- Easy installation: Can be mounted on a wall or just stand on a counter-top.
- Usually hooks to your sink with a diverter, which is provided.
- Simple one-touch button controls.
- Memory: The Smart water ionizer remembers what alkaline level you were last using, and will automatically put your ionizer on that setting next time, unless you change it.
- Continuous-Cleaning (DARC): The Smart water ionizers keep cleaning while delivering alkaline water! Continuous-cleaning ensures continued maximum performance by removing any particles that may be trying to stick to the plates inside the ionizing chamber. (See more in the DARC section, below.)
- A voice indicator alerts you to your selection of alkaline, acidic or purified water.
- You can adjust the volume level or simply switch the sound ON/OFF as you desire.
- Easy Operation [Computer on Board!] The mini onboard computer facilitates optimum performance.
- 4 different alkaline settings allow you to choose the level that’s best for your body. These levels can be programmed to boost ionization if you have soft water or other hard-to-ionize water
- 4 different acidic levels
- 1 pure water setting
- Intuitive display easily identifies your selections.
- Flow-rate displays on the front panel.
- Post-operation Auto Cleanse System. This is a quiet cleaning of the water cell and flushing of the system after each time you use the water ionizer (takes only a few seconds).
- The Smart electrode plates are made of tough titanium and coated with pure, medical-grade platinum.
- 10X Platinum Plated Electrodes: 9 large, solid, platinum-titanium coated electrode plates, configured in such a way as to give maximum ORP and alkalinity. The Smart 9P water ionizer has 9 of the most advanced platinum coated titanium electrodes in the world. When a cross section of a Smart 10X electrode is examined at 1000 times magnification you can see that the electrodes have 100% complete platinum coverage and are electroplated with multiple times the surface area for electrolysis than the dipped method of plating with platinum. See this plate comparison.
- The Smart electrodes and full water cells of all Smart water ionizers are made in Japan.
- The Smart 9P uses advanced SMPS to ensure you have the most efficient electrical source.
- Fine quality filter materials trap contaminants while allowing beneficial minerals to pass through
- Filters last for approximately 1,000 gallons of water poured through the machine.
- Filter Life Indicator: The symbolic filter indicator icon tells you about the remaining water filter life. Optimum performance is ensured by always changing your filter on time. In addition to the symbolic indicator, a new indicator light will flicker when your current filter life is up, reminding you to change your filter.
- Spring-loaded filter housing makes filter replacement easy.
- PH range of the Smart 9P is 3.0 to 11.0, depending on source water.
- Compact Size: The size of the Smart 9P is perfect.
- Overall Dimension Width 11 x Depth 6 x Height 14 1/2 inches
- Unit weight about 12 lbs. [5.5 Kg]
- Proper water cell operation depends upon a sufficient amount of water flowing through it while it is ionizing. The power will automatically shut-off if the water pressure is too low. We suggest to keep the water flow between 1 and 2 liters per minute.
- Hot water should not be used as source water for ionization. The system can withstand a certain amount of hot water going through it, but if it's too much the water cell can warp and this would cause a leak. For this reason, there is a hot water alert icon that appears to warn you if you accidentally use hot water. If you make a mistake and use hot water, simply switch to cold as soon as you notice and it should be fine.
- Every Smart 9 plate water ionizer is tested at the factory for quality control purposes. Then plugs are placed on the water input/output ports in order to retain moisture inside the water cell. This is necessary in order to ensure the seals are kept moist and functional. These plugs must be carefully removed as part of the installation process. If you are not familiar with quick-connect fittings, please refer to this article which shows how to safely remove those plugs. (Also, see picture, below.) When you remove the red, acidic-water plug it is expected that a little bit of water will come out.
Other Specifications: Smart Water Ionizer
- Input Voltage AC110V
- Input Electricity up to 250W
- Water Inflow Pressure Applicable to 0.7 ~ 5 Kgf/cm2
- Water Temperature Applicable to about 40 - 90 degrees Fahrenheit [5 ~ 30°C]
- Easy replaceable Filter (One touch replacement re-set button)
- One Touch-Automatic Filter Life
- Electrolysis Strength 1-2-3-4 level Auto shutoff. The Smart also has a power-boosting function.
- Water Output rate Max 2 quarts or liters/minute Water
- Supply direct connection to a tap or to mains [tee not included]
- A free pH kit comes with every Smart water ionizer.
- Runs on autopilot to ensure your water maintains optimum alkaline levels
- Self-diagnostic system ensures peak performance
- Hi-tech design blends into any décor
- CE, NRTL, ISO9001, ISO14001, KFDA, KGMP and RoHS certificates
- For those using the Smart Ionizer internationally: You cannot use a converter with less than 250VA capacity.
DARC Continuous-Cleaning in The Smart 7P and 9P Water Ionizers
Most water ionizers boast of great automatic cleaning systems, but none even compare to the DARC (Double-Automatic-Continuous-Cleaning) in the water ionizers with Emco Tech (Smart) water cells. Emco Tech is the leader of scientific development of water ionizers since 1982, and continues to this day to make water cells that out-perform and out-last all of the competition.
DARC water cells and electrode plates will outlast all the others by about 2 to 1. Keeping the electrode plates of a water ionizer pristine-clean is so important that it might even be the most important feature of a water ionizer. With DARC continuous-cleaning, the magnetic field in the an electrolytic bath is reversed every 15 seconds for a complete acid wash of one side of the water cell while it's creating alkaline in the other. With the DARC system no minerals will ever be able to energetically adhered to the Titanium plates, instead they are repelled and flushed away. Continuous-cleaning causes Platinum coated Titanium Electrodes to have the most excellent conductivity of all water ionizer plates and optimum durability.
The Smart 9P water ionizer is the same as the Smart 7P water ionizer (except with 2 more plates). See this fantastic demo of its capabilities!
Here is a video showing my testing of the new Smart 7P for molecular hydrogen. See this report to learn more about the importance of molecular hydrogen to all of health. Note: All pH, ORP, and molecular hydrogen levels are approximate, depending on local water supply, because water ionizers don't always work the same in every location.
In the video (starting at the 2-minute-mark) you can see testing of Level-3 poured at 1.5 liters per minute.
Amazing Results: PH = 9.5; ORP = -850; Molecular Hydrogen Concentration (using drops) = 1.5 ppm
Note: No matter what type of ORP or molecular hydrogen tester or solution you buy, there is no guarantee as to what results customers will get when they test. There are too many variables with ORP and Molecular Hydrogen testing to guarantee these results.
Available for Payplan
If you prefer to pay for your Smart countertop water ionizer with a payplan, click here: Smart 9P Water Ionizer Payplan (in the comments specify you want the Smart 9P)
Installation and Programming:
Installation is easy, and the manual covers it pretty well, but here are a couple of tips & warnings about it.
- Operating any water ionizer with a dried-out water-cell can cause the water cell to burst when you start it up again. For this reason we suggest you set up your water ionizer within a few weeks of it arriving to you. Storing it for a longer time could potentially dry out the water cell. If your Smart water ionizer water was in storage or left unused for more than a month, contact us for detailed instructions on how to moisten up the water cell membrane so you can safely get it up and running.
- The best use of a Smart water ionizer machine is to use it every day. If you are away for more than a couple of weeks, you should try to arrange for some water to be poured through it every week (or at least every month) to keep the water cell from drying out. If the machine is disconnected from a water supply (even if just for shipping or temporary storage) please use the provided plugs on every open port and the filter (or a blank filter) placed in the filter port. This is to ensure the membranes in the water cell don't dry out.
- Make sure you know how to remove a quick-connect plug.
The Smart 9P can be programmed for volume of sound, power at the base, date and time:
- Volume (up, down or off)
- Power: The internal base-programming has 5 settings. The machine comes at a default setting of "2". If you want stronger or weaker results you can boost it up or down.
- Date and time can be turned on/off and also can of course be set to the right date/time.
- Caution: Don't alter any other settings in programming-mode. For instance, the Smart 9P already has continuous-cleaning, so don't turn on the "Auto-Cleaning" setting. What that would do is make your machine confused. Leave that button "OFF".
These demos show that the Smart 7P is Better than the $4000 Enagic machine and one of the top-performing water ionizers.
The Smart 9P comes with a lifetime parts & labor warranty. See Smart Water Ionizers page for more.
Damage caused by customer errors are things that the customer will most likely need to pay for to get repaired vs being covered by the warranty. Note: Our warranty instructions, given on this site, override any statements in the user manual. For instance, the user manual tells you an installation method option is to hook it directly to your cold water line. Our site says this is not an option. So, hooking a Smart water ionizer cannot be done directly to the cold water line. (See the first bulleted item, below.)
- Under sink installation or any installation that keeps a Smart water ionizer under constant pressure is not suggested by Alkaline Water Plus. The manufacturer allows it, but because many customers have experienced leaking issues when it's under constant pressure we don't recommend it. We cannot therefore repair leaks in your machine due to it being installed under constant pressure. A way to get around this is to install an external shut-off to turn off the water supply in between uses. For leak-free undersink installation we only recommend AlkaViva water ionizers.
- The Smart water cells are made for the absolute best ionization, but under normal and controlled water pressure. Applying excessive water pressure to the Smart water ionizer would be a customer-error. Set the water coming into the ionizer to be no higher than 2 liters/min.
- The best water outflow-rate for any Smart water ionizer is 1.5 liters per minute.
- If you operate a Smart water ionizer regularly with over 2 liters per minute of water coming into it would be a customer error. We suggest to install an external flow-control shut off, which will regulate this automatically for you, if you have trouble with this.