Putting Therapeutic Water in a Hot-Tub (Spa)
My husband and I decided to create our own natural hot-springs experience right in our back yard. We have all the tools we need to make any kind of water we want, so we used them to create the perfect spa water. After setting up the spa, here are the steps we took to fill it with perfect spa water:
- First we used Ionia's Best SuperSanitizer water ionizer to make several 5-gallon jugs of acidic water at a time.
- We mixed some of the alkaline water in with this water until each of the jugs were the pH we wanted (about 6.8 pH). The reason for this pH is that it's really perfect for the skin to have the pH a tiny bit under neutral. We didn't want it too low, though, because if it got too close to 6 pH it may adversely affect the spa's plumbing. Having the SuperSanitizer water ionizer allowed us to perfectly adjust the pH to exactly what we wanted without having to add chemicals.
- We tested the pH of the water made using our pH reagent drops. This is important, because we've found that the pH test strips made for pools and spas are extremely inaccurate. Note: Once the tub was full we found that the pH stayed consistent. So, unless we have to add new water we don't really have to test the pH much any more.
- As a final step, we poured our perfect pH water through our John Ellis Machine. Doing this increased the hydrogen bond angle, making the water additionally therapeutic. Extra bonus: John Ellis water is anti-fungal, so has a sanitizing quality about it as well.
We just kept doing 1-2-3-4, above, over and over until the spa was filled. It took quite a while, but it was worth it. Now we can go to "Hot Springs" every night!
Sanitizing our Perfect Water
We didn't want to spoil the all-natural appeal of our beautiful spa experience with harsh sanitizing chemicals, so here's how we handled that:
- Before even filling the spa with water, we put a large tent, with mesh sides, around the spa. This protects it from insects, leaves and other biological contamination from nature. We also keep the lid on the spa when it's not in use.
- Our spa has an ozone cycle (where it pumps ozone into the tub twice a day at times we're not using it). This is sanitization step 2.
- The next thing we did was to add a mineral sanitizer cartridge. This cartridge contains silver and copper balls, and gets stuck right in the middle of the spa's filter. Super simple. It will last 6 months, killing germs, viruses and anything else biological that should get in the spa.
- Finally, to be sure we were fully protected, we added natural enzymes, made for spas. These enzymes break down and consume anything biological that may enter the spa water. We have to put another bottle of enzymes in about every month.
That's it. It wasn't too hard, and the water in the spa will last for about six months, when we will have to do it all over again. We really enjoy our all-natural, therapeutic spa. We use it every night.
Here's a you-tube video summarizing what we did:
My background is in physiology, teaching, nutrition and weight loss. I have raised 5 children who are all grown now. I have a masters degree in education and was a teacher/principal for 24 years. I created Alkaline Water Plus in 2009 to educate people about the benefits of ionized water.
The very best thing I have ever purchased is a WATER IONIZER, and I've been in perfect health ever since I started drinking ionized water 25 years ago!
Cathie LoGrasso Owner, Alkaline Water Plus
Subscribe by EmailUse form, below, to subscribe to our newsletter or click this link to sign up for more benefits.
Featured Posts or Pages
Search results are always reported with two tabs: "Products" first and "News & Information" second.Look for these tabs.